The New Cartographic Office of Fanatika

Forty... Sorry to give you more work... since Strider already took "Name's Haven" I'll go with New Falcon's Nest, to reduce repitition.

The new world map is available from the Front Office. Effective last turn chat, I have begun posting both a high resolution version and a low resolution (for the bandwidth impaired :))version of each map.

As we discover more and more of the map, I am curious if anyone is interested in other formats, including Wallpapers, actual size (ie, not zoomed), etc..

Now that we have governors (or should have them really soon), I entreat all citizens to be on the lookout for potential landmarks and future parks.

Long live Fanatika!

FortyJ,

It has come to my attention that 3 of our cities have unicorporated land within their radius. Is it possible for you to draft a border proposal expanding those borders and post a poll on it? Please let me know if this is the proper course of action. Also, if I can assist you in any way, please let me know. Please contact donsig or myself with any questions or concerns.

Donovan Zoi
I am aware of the border problem with those cities. Unfortunately, we are required to construct our borders in a manner consistent with the underlying geographical borders (ie. mountains, rivers, etc.).

Having said that, I have contemplated this issue to some extent and I believe that the best course of action is not to expand our current borders, but rather propose some new provinces that would incorporate these cities. This would preserve the consistency with the natural terrain and have the effect of increasing the number of governors (the senate). I will have some proposals out this weekend.

40J, Just to let you know I have been confermed to become the Deputy Govenor of Taliesin. Also I wish to change my city entry from Nar Shaddaa to Takarngrad.

CivGeneral

Hey 40J. I've been looking for a map that will step right up and smack me in the head saying "I'm the provincial Borders Map", but I can't find one. The closest I've come is the map that got the most votes of a map run-off poll. That's this one:

The Capital Province Map.
I'd like to work on a new one, or individual Province maps, or anything you'd like me to attempt, but I don't know what is currently official. Please direct me in the right direction,

Cyc

I believe that those are indeed the official provincial borders.

Thank you, Eklektikos. I also just found the border-prop-490bc map in Donsig's Provincial thread. It's much larger.

FortyJ - There is a problem with the city registry. As you know, city naming follows the CoC. All the governor and deputy governor entires are incorrect.

In the Chain of Command, Governors and deputy governor's positions, as 'other elected officials,' follow the citizen registry.
For example, let's say Person A is Deputy Governor of Province 11. Person B is governor of Province 1. Person A signed the registry first. Therefore, Person A comes first in the CoC.

IIRC, the CoC would go CivGeneral, Cyc, donsig, Fionn, Plexus

You may also want to seek out chat reps, who follow the registry also.

Octavian X
Thank you for pointing out that glaring error on my part. I have corrected the Registry and believe it is current and accurate as of this posting.

Trader/Warrior
Thank you for your continued efforts in assisting our office with the daunting task of naming the many landmarks available to us. If you are interested, I would like to offer you a position in our National Parks and Landmarks department. Together with Ehecatl Atzin, you would be responsible for assisting our governors with identifying potential landmarks. Remember, our governors are ultimately responsible for the naming of landmarks.

Cyc
The map you included in your post was the map we chose for our borders. It has since been modified to include a small peninsula located just to the south of the southern province's border.

Our current world maps, which are available for download and are located in the Cartographic Front Office, now contain the provincial borders.

Alright Trader/Warrior, I've never had a "terrorist" working for me before, so let's see how it goes.

As a member of the National Parks and Landmarks department, you are charged with assisting the provincial governors with identifying landmarks and potential national parks located within their respective domains. For now, I'll leave it up to you to determine how best to accomplish this, but I'll be happy to discuss it with you at any time.

Good luck. I look forward to adding some new names to the maps soon.

40J, I have noticed a spelling error on my part (*CivGeneral says "Doh!" and smacks his forehead) :crazyeye:.

I wish for my city entry to change to Tarkingrad

Top Bottom