1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Cartographic Office of Fanatika

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Government' started by FortyJ, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

Thanks, both of you. I have nothing against you putting the map in the front office. I used Colorado bacause State of Denver and Denver State just sounded weird.

2. Feodor Ardent

Feodor Ardent Grizzled 'ol Civ Veteran

Excellent work, Plexus. Definitely time to give up on the Russian war, thought. They are out of it.

3. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Just putting a litte Taliesin Ego on the map- Penguin Wald- the forest N of Penguin.

4. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

btw i found some errorous things at our maps:

1) the hires link of the up to date map does and never did work... please correct in future posts

2) i remember seeing some governor nominations for provinces i did not find on our maps

3) maybe a map with full-colored provincial overlay would be nice (the province borders filled with the province color at 50%-70% transperancy). not as hi-res, but maybe 50% size.

4) another idea would be an "international map", with the land overlayed by national ownership coloring (fanatika, persia, japan, russia,...)

5. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Dis
    The link seems to work fine for me. I don't know how to fix it if I can't find the problem... ;) Of course, it is a rather hefty size file, and it could be an issue with your connection, but I can't speak on that with any reliability. If anyone else is experiencing problems viewing that map, please let me know by posting in this thread.

Also, expect to find some new maps, including provincial maps for our new provinces after the turn chat tonight.

A color-coded international map would be nice. I've looked into it before, but it's quite a lot of work to complete. It's definitely not something that can be done regularly, but I'll try it again at the end of the term.

6. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

i wonder if you can just "blow up" the minimap and overlay the real map with it.

to the link:
    there was no link set for the big file... i used the smaller file and manually deleted the endig part and it worked :p
    10mbit should be enough bw for downloading the map, dont you think?

7. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Well, if that's all you've got... ;)

I'll triple check the link again, but the other day, I tried clicking on the image and the text below the image and they both worked for me then....
    :confused:

Nonetheless, when I update the thread with current maps, I'll try to be extra sure that the link works.

8. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

New maps are up!

I've incorporated some of the landmarks added by our recent governors, too (even from some governors that did not post their landmark names in this thread... ahem, Veera ;)).

I've checked the links to the main map (both hi and lo res) and they work for me. I've also checked a few random provincial map links too. Let me know if you have any problems with any of them.

9. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Thanks 40J for the update :). Now I can use the updated maps for any future invasion that I am planning :D.

10. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

40j, I was wondering if there was a good reason why you've left the named terrain features of The North Province Map? I realize I only had the names posted in the correct thread 11 full days before you updated the maps. Other than immaturity, is there a good reason? Let's hope that now you're a Governor, someone trashes your ideas.

I noticed you got your buddy Veera's changes in just fine.

Moderator Action: Repeated warnings have been made. Cyc is banned for 3 days for continuing to make insulting and sarcastic posts against other players. --Shaitan
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

11. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I have no idea what you're talking about Cyc. I never saw your post until just now. You can rest assured that your changes as well as Shaitan's (which were posted in the wrong thread ;)) will be added before the next update.

12. Feodor Ardent

Feodor Ardent Grizzled 'ol Civ Veteran

Uhhh . . . which thread is the correct one, Mr. 40J, sir? I've got some stuff I'm working on.

Geographic Newbie

13. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

I followed the link in the Office Registry when I posted those terrain names.

14. GenMarshall

40J,

I was wondering If I can help out with the Cartographic Office, The Programs that I have to make maps (Or modify them for Other Departmen's uses) are PSP7 and I am currently Downloading the Trial Version of Photoshop.

I am interested in the General Mapmaking job, But I would specalize in other Departments needs (IE Provance proposal Maps for Domestic, Tactical Maps for Military, ETC )

15. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Shaitan
    No problem... I try to keep an eye on that thread too, just in case. Perhaps someone can update the link in the Office Registry?

CivGeneral
    Let's see what you've got... :) The two areas you mentioned can certainly use a dedicated position within our office. Consider yourself hired, upon completion of your initial probationary period, of course. Let's see what kind of tactical map you can create for the Military Department and we'll consider adding them to the Front Office with the rest of the official maps. ;)

16. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Just did. :)

17. GenMarshall

18. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Please adjust maps to transfer Bavaria and the Capital Province territories to The North Province. Approving Poll

19. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

The area immediately surrounding the city of Bavaria shall henceforth be known as Bohemia. Bohemia County, to be precise but it can be mapped as simply Bohemia.

20. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I hope to have some updated maps this weekend (after the upcoming turn chat). I'll make sure to make all of the requested changes at that time