1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Cartographic Office of Fanatika

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Government' started by FortyJ, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

I'd like to help out to. Domestic is like my 3rd home. :) (Trade, Presidential...).

I have made a map of the next and last 9 (if you don't include the island) provinces. The eastern world is located here.

Note: France doesn't have a name for that province, so, I'm just leaving it as France. Also, the contour lines by Avingnon and Norwich were tricky, so that border can change. Where the line turns NE by Norwich (1 NE of Norwich), that border could extend 2 tiles north (near Dover - on the SE side of both).

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I Agree with thoes Borders :).

3. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

These new provinces sounds good to me.

Dr. CC and CLS :)

4. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Those look really good CT. And for you FortyJ, I have this. After a day or two of deliberation, I have come up with the following suggestions for the names of certain landmarks within "Lake Land." The mountain SE of Dehli will be called "Erebor" meaning Lonely Mountain, the river running through the middle of the province will be called "Nen Celeb" meaning Silver Water, the prominent jungle currently covering half the province "Aldar Nin" meaning Wet Trees, and the range of hills running North and South will be called "Emyn Ened" meaning Middle Hills (creative, huh?). Guess what language they're in! Anyway, please post anything you like (or heaven forbid, don't like) about these proposed geographical namings.

Just a couple (4) geo-namings. Still looking for ideas for a province name...

5. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

The tundra forest near Naerva shall now be known as the NaerWoods.

6. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

CT's proposal is excellent (nice intro of Asphinixia). Though, for the sake of FortyJ's sanity, I would hold off on approval for a bit until we are close to using the provinces. Remember, he has to draw all of those.

7. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Asphinxia, Asphinxia, We (and I mean we) owe our carers to thee. So crown thy FP with with ... (can anyone come up for a rhyme with this?) From Thebes to Elephante-e.

8. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

The maps have been updated in the Front Office.

I have tried to include all requests for Landmarks and such. If there is something missing, or if there is an error in the map, please let me know.

9. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

You made an oopsie. Emyn Ened should be present as the name of the hill range which Minas Alcar sits upon.

EDIT: Just noticed something. We have never place the Isle of Marathon into any province. (Just thought you would like to know...)

10. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Lake Chieftess was the name given to the lake by the capital LONG ago...

11. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Yep... that one escaped me. Must've been the blurred vision and sagging eyelids at whatever-dark-thirty it was when I finished that map. ;)

I'll add it, and any others to the map on the next release.

12. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    40J - Have you gotten around adding my name to the list in the front of the office. I have made a map earlyer :).

13. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

The Cartographic Office is officially seeking an individual (or individuals) to take on some of the responsibilities of producing the official maps and maintaining the registry of city names.

I have been doing these jobs almost single-handedly for about six months now, and it is time that I begin to find a replacement. Let me make it clear that I am not resigning. I am simply looking for some people who will be willing to assist me with some of the work (err... fun ;)) involved with this office.

I can provide the essential graphics needed to create the official maps (compass, title block, flag, borders, etc...) and will be willing to train anyone in the art of mapmaking. Some experience in a graphics program is required. Paint Shop Pro is fine, but Photoshop is recommended as I have been using that for some time and have already created several scripts to automate the necessary tasks in that program.

14. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Since I have been recieving pay as a cartographer of this office since I had started the office, I think it only proper that I volunteer to do some registry work.

15. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

The new maps (including new Provincial maps) are available for viewing and downloading. To preserve my sanity, I opted to upload them to a subfolder of our "official" demogame website rather than use the upload feature.

You can view all of our official maps here:

http://www.civfanatics.net/~demogame/civ3/dg2/fanatika-maps.html

Hopefully, as time goes on, I'll be able to dress that page up some more. For the moment, though, I just wanted to get the essentials up and running.

We will likely also need to vote on borders for the eastern half of the world this term. As far as I know, Lady Chieftess has put forth the only proposal on these borders to date. If there are any others who wish to submit their ideas/preferences/etc, please do so within the next week so that we can resolve this matter in a timely fashion during the next term.

16. Paalikles

Paalikles Emperor

I would like to request that the forest near Kells form now on is known as Kellswald, as it is my right to name it as governor of that province.

17. Panzer

Panzer Mobile Front

I would like to help out here if I can.

18. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

I am completely green to this stuff and have some questions:

1. Is the whole island fanatika?
    2. Is there different countrys in fanatika?
    3. Is all marked with blue on the map fanatika?
    4. If so, what are the other countrys and can you join them as well??

19. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Our civilization (country) is Fanatika. We all help to run it. You can download the most recent save game here. The maps in the map thread show how our provinces are divided (the blue lines). Our actual territory controlled is dependent on how we do with the game. We identify how land will be broken into provinces before we actually take it so we can have smooth administration when we do seize it in the actual game.

There are no other countries as we are using a single person game. If you are interested in a multi-country game you can check out the Multi-site Demo Game.

20. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...