[NFP] The new Diplomatic Quarter District

For people asking questions on how the DQ will change how you gain Envoys, I think that, since the Consulate gave +2 influence points and the Chancery gives +3, I think governments will not give influence points anymore.

I am actually really excited about the diplomatic district, and I think it will indirectly buff tall gameplay.

This is theorycrafting, but I think the way DD will work in practice is that it will make the envoy game inaccessible to playstyles focused on spamming settlers or units for conquest. Basically, when I focus on playing tall early game, I find myself getting to luxuries like gov't plaza and other less critical districts a lot earlier. So I imagine that I'll naturally get the diplo district. This in turn will allow tall civs to buff their buildings via city states much more effectively than wide civs, as I have always felt that city state building bonuses are the best way to improve yields from districts.

The counter-argument is that wide empires will have more space and more cities with which to commit to the DD. I hope in order to prevent this that they make the DD a bit too pricey to have a tier 2 or tier 3 city commit to.

This is the biggest problem I have with trying not to accept delegations or envoys - the AI asks for them over and over and over again to the point where I almost always just throw my hands up in frustration and accept them.
This. So much this. Thank you for making me feel seen.
Spoiler :

Ghengis: Can I send a delegation?
Me: No. You'll use the extra combat strength to kill me.
-4 turns later-
Me: Still no.
-4 turns later-
Me: Fine.

FYI, the diplomatic visibility (so combat strength) from delegations goes away after a declaration of war.
Oh, thanks! Wonder how my playing will change with that knowledge?

This is the biggest problem I have with trying not to accept delegations or envoys - the AI asks for them over and over and over again to the point where I almost always just throw my hands up in frustration and accept them.

Firaxis really need to fix this and the AI spamming friendship propositions. If I say no, the AI shouldn't be able to ask again for at least 30 turns. Maybe they could even add a "don't ask me again" button.

Oh, thanks! Wonder how my playing will change with that knowledge?

As you wrote that you accept the delegations just to get spared from the requests not at all, but you can at least be reliefed about the sight implications in most cases (major exception: theological disputes).

Top Bottom