The new patch breaks savegames + new games don't work too (e.g. no city founding)

I know this is off topic dshirk, but I've been having a terrible bug.

Ever sicne the beta patch/main patch came out my game will ALWAYS crash to desktop with no error message. All it does is show the Loading Screen (with wonder splash screen) and after few seconds just crash! I made a thread, no replies :(

I don't wanna PM you cuz I don't think you'll actually have the time to go thru your PM list, I can't post on 2k forums, and Greg is probably to busy (or he just can't recieve my e-mails).

Can't hurt to PM, but if you do, try to send him the specific info he asked for in various threads, as opposed to just what's wrong with your game.

I know this is off topic dshirk, but I've been having a terrible bug.

Ever sicne the beta patch/main patch came out my game will ALWAYS crash to desktop with no error message. All it does is show the Loading Screen (with wonder splash screen) and after few seconds just crash! I made a thread, no replies :(

I don't wanna PM you cuz I don't think you'll actually have the time to go thru your PM list, I can't post on 2k forums, and Greg is probably to busy (or he just can't recieve my e-mails).

PM is always good, and also let me know if there are any mdmp files in the root folder of Civ V (inside the steam folders on your HD).

For those that are getting the "I can't end my first turn" bug, could you please try something for me, and let me know if it corrects your problem?

1. Open up your config.ini (My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/)
2. Look for the following line: EnableGameCoreThreading = 1
3. Change it to: EnableGameCoreThreading = 0

Thanks, and let me know.

Indeed, I made this change and I can now end turn properly. Thanks!

I also had the lag problems after the patch. What solved it for me was to delete the Civilization V folder from my "My Games" folder completely. Then I verified the integrity of files via Steam, effectively going back to factory settings. My civ has been running smooth ever since... or at least pre-patch smooth ;)

success :w00t::thanx: dshirk
:agree:

For those that are getting the "I can't end my first turn" bug, could you please try something for me, and let me know if it corrects your problem?

Thanks, and let me know.

Holy Crap! This actually worked!
Thank you for following up on this patch problem.

No problem. It's always rather terrifying patching a game that goes out to thousands of different configurations. We'll get these issues squashed one at a time.

is the trading post supposed to have different graphics before gods and kings comes out?

Thanks, and let me know.

I was having that problem (not being able to actually select any units, select science, end turn, I assume its the same thing) and doing this fixed it, thanks! The initial load up of the game and even the first few turns seem to be running waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay slower than it was before the patch, but it's working and that's enough for me, thanks again!

Here's a bug that I get when I load my unfinished game from the previous version:

Spoiler :

So basically, all my happiness changing social policies have stopped functioning properly.

(Should I post this somewhere else?)

EDIT: WTF? Second picture, just noticed. Denmark has become Spain. WHAAAAT?

We've been warned that the latest patch is not compatible with the save games, they said that there just happens to be times when they just can't make them work with new patches.

There seems to have been a bug (and it might be save-game exclusive btw, not sure) that breaks the way Courthouses work and it ignores the reduced cost for cities that were annexed, or something along those lines.

We've been warned that the latest patch is not compatible with the save games, they said that there just happens to be times when they just can't make them work with new patches.

There seems to have been a bug (and it might be save-game exclusive btw, not sure) that breaks the way Courthouses work and it ignores the reduced cost for cities that were annexed, or something along those lines.

How was I supposed to play Civ WITHOUT installing the patch? xD Its Steam for God's sakes! :p

BTW, my bug isn't about courthouses, its about social policies, they dont have any effect on happiness, even though they should.

How was I supposed to play Civ WITHOUT installing the patch? xD Its Steam for God's sakes! :p

BTW, my bug isn't about courthouses, its about social policies, they dont have any effect on happiness, even though they should.

Could you please expand on the social policy issue? Thanks!

I also had the lag problems after the patch. What solved it for me was to delete the Civilization V folder from my "My Games" folder completely. Then I verified the integrity of files via Steam, effectively going back to factory settings. My civ has been running smooth ever since... or at least pre-patch smooth ;)

My civ 5 was installed by a disk. Therefore if I delete the folder that means I have to relodad and register the game again on Steam. Or can I delete a certain folder and just verify the files...?

My civ 5 was installed by a disk. Therefore if I delete the folder that means I have to relodad and register the game again on Steam. Or can I delete a certain folder and just verify the files...?

You will have to simply download the game.. again, your copy of you game is forever stuck to your Steam account, you cannot enter this code anywhere else anymore. You will not be able to install it anywhere but only on your account (or if somebody else owns a copy of Civ 5, you can give them your disk, they can install it) but once you redeem your code, it's stuck to your account for good.

If you delete the folder, you should have the ability to "install/download" the game via Steam again.

Could you please expand on the social policy issue? Thanks!

From the screenshots, it looks like he has 0 happiness coming from 'social policies' (as shown in the happiness tooltip), despite having the 'police state' policy.

From the screenshots, it looks like he has 0 happiness coming from 'social policies' (as shown in the happiness tooltip), despite having the 'police state' policy.

Ah, I see it (didn't expand the window). Taking a look now to see if it's just with older saves

This seems to be a recurring issue on this forum and I wish I could find a previous thread that could solve my specific problem, but I haven't found anything yet to help me. Civ V has been running fine for me for a few weeks now, up until I tried to play today and Steam downloaded the update on my computer. Now, when I try to play, I can get to the main screen, set up a game and then see the opening map for a new game. But that's it. I can't direct my settler to do anything and all the blue dialog box will say is "New Turn." When I press it, I don't get a new turn. Nothing happens. I've tried uninstalling both Steam and Civ V and reinstalling (I uninstalled Civ V from Steam first and then reinstalled from the disc & this didn't help.) I have Direct X 11, so this isn't the problem. Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.

tried this fix from another thread and it worked:

Top Bottom