1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Newbies Society

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by Civman2004, Jul 27, 2004.

1. deo

deo Emperor

I also like to join, this is my first DemoGame

2. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

I have gotten a position! I am a FA Worker,In Demogame V i will spend some off the time encourageing newbies to get govermentel positions!

3. Civman2004

Civman2004 Something goes here...

Glad to hear that JackA :)

4. Ashburnham

Ashburnham King

Yay for newbies and Yay for me being one..:D

sign me up.

5. Fundamentality

Fundamentality WEE A PLANE!!!

I would like to join my first demogame :)

6. Civman2004

Civman2004 Something goes here...

---Calling all newbies---

You may have noticed that this term's elections include a large number that were uncontested. I suggest 2 things:

For the uncontested ones, try sending a PM to the successful (only) candidate, offering your services as deputy.

With more provinces, there will be more opportunities. Start becoming involved in specific areas in the demogame and look to running in an election next month!!!

7. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Hmm, Im not sure if I consider myself a newbie since I have been around the demogame for a while. I do wish to be a freindly ally to the group.

@Civman2004 - I have sent you a PM ;).

8. MOTH

MOTH Emperor

I would like to join this society as well. I have only been around for about a month and a half and mainly posted in the demo game.

9. snipelfritz

snipelfritz Crazy about the Demogame

Yes please do. The doors of the Culture ministry are always open. Either post in the Culture minitry's thread or PM me, and I would be happy to suggest you to President Chieftess.

10. Detail

Detail Chieftain

I'm in too. My first game as well.

11. GrandSultan

GrandSultan Full Time Hypocrite

I'll join as well, I am assuming that its too late to join but I will be ready for the next one. :)

12. BpFlutie

BpFlutie Chieftain

Please sign me up for DemoGame V. (If it hasn't already started!) And please somebody help me, I'm SO lost right now...

13. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Welcome to the DG, go to http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=94617
    to sign up in the citizen registry. After that, just browse through the threads and feel free to add your 2 cents. Don't be threatened if some people don't like what you have to say, that's when you know you're hitting the nail :D

14. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Blackheart is a person that likes to hit the nail, and I would be crucified if I did not have more tentacles than an octopus. However, I follow the proverb of Blackheart, be strong on your opinions.

15. JanSobieski

JanSobieski Chieftain

hey is it too late to join? I've never been in a democracy game but it sounds like fun and I want to join. I'm sort of lost as to what goes on though or where voting takes place. I'd like to follow along by viewing the maps as the game progresses though.

16. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Hi JanSobieski, I'll hand you some links that are important to the demogame. :)

The Citizen Registry
    To really do anything in this game, you need to sign up. It's really quick and easy.

How the demogame is run
    A great FAQ type thread answering many questions that are typical to newcomers.

The Screenshots Thread
    Some pictures of our nation from the beginning of time to now.

The "Turnchat" Threads
    Those are where the leaders for Science, Defense, etc. and Governors of Provinces of Cities posts instructions for the President to play out the turns. They are in the main forum (along with the Citizen Registry and FAQ), and inside, you will find our latest save (regular civ, version 1.29).

If you have any more questions, you can post here or in the FAQ thread. :)

17. zeon252

zeon252 Keydet

sign me up!!!Ive always wanted to try this.

18. Ashburnham

Ashburnham King

Then welcome aboard, zeon. We're between games at the moment, as you might have noticed, but you're welcome to join in the constitution &etc. discussions we're having. Don't be intimidated by other people who look like they know what they're talking about (they probably don't ;) ).

19. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP! :confused:

I am so much of a newbie that I don't realize how to START in this... concept...

I've registered (I think).... what do I do now?

20. snipelfritz

snipelfritz Crazy about the Demogame

Welcome Luthor. Right now, we are in between demogames. We are currently writing the constitution and preparing for demogame 6. What you can do now is read the newer threads in the citizens forum pertaining to the new game, and if you have any ideas/questions/comments feel free to post somewhere.

Its hard to tell you what to do as between demogames is a confusing time. (not that i've experienced many, or any)