1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Next Age: Rise of the Gregori

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Randomness, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Randomness

Randomness ...

I know I am way ahed here, but I had a great idea and I couldn't let it slip by. I was thinking, the age of rebirth is in its hight, crusades are being waged between good and evil everywhere, the world is once again chaos. In this world many people would turn to the teachings of Casiel, espesialy skilled craftsmen. Anyways, as many craftsmen focus on new techs they would progress, but would forget about magic, as they are athiest or agnostic. The other civs, especially the arcane civs, would despise Casiel and his followers for their blaint disregard for the god, or gods, thus they would try to agresively return "sence" to the Gregori.War would break out, tech vs good magic vs evil magic, and the crusades would become three sided. Under the stress, the ever growing Gregori would fracture into many alied nations ruled by the top craftsmen, each specializing in their own trade(idealy glorified guilds). There would be jewlers, smiths, potters, ect. Anyways, as I said, I'm way ahead here, so just keep it in your heads when you want to leave the age of rebirth(or if you have free time and want to mod it sepratly(probobly not):)I just needed to get this out.

2. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

ARE YOU KIDDING? THERE'D BE NO CONFLICT IF THE GRIGORI TOOK OVER!

In all seriousness tho, I think that the Age of Rebirth has more to go before the FfH team gives it over to the vaguely refrenced 'Age of Enlightenment'.

3. BugReportage

BugReportage Warlord

I want to see a second Gods War. It seems we're already headed in that direction. The god slayer is back, Mulcarn is back. I have been pushing the issue in the Aifons thread on what actions Danalin will take if he awoke. Angel after angel being brought into creation one after the other after the Compact is shattered with the hungry god slayer killing them left and right. :)
    I WANT CHAOS! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :mwaha:

Oh and what the heck. Why don't the Grigori benefit more for an altar of luonnatar? (Or however it's spelled.)
    They need adventurers so you don't profit from building it with prophets. It's not worth while to tech all the way down the Divine Tree. They believe only in the One but they don't have any benefit for following that flavorish role. (Would you rather build Luonnatars or Arch Mages/Assassins/Immortals with your adventurers.)

Personally I think Grigori should be divine. They do faith have that the One will return. They should have something like the Illians. Except they are trying to bring the One back to creation. They should get priests dedicated to building Temples of the One which provide great prophet points (or something.)

This is all my opinion. :p

4. Ringtailed

Ringtailed Anthropomorphic Lemur

I would think it more likely that the Age of Rebirth ends due to conquest by the Infernals and Armageddon. An "age of enlightenment" would be a lot harder to achieve in a world like Erebus where there are tangible signs of the gods' existence.

5. zup

zup Emperor

The world will end in ice. Once game mechanics allow auric to freeze it all. Hyborem does not stand a chance.

6. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

The One never entered creation. There's very lil indication he ever will. The One is kinda distant. He tends to let those angels loyal to him further his ends. In fact, the reason Order and the Empyrium exist is cuz many people of Erebus decided to worship Archangels (a. k. a. Gods) instead of the One.

7. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

No he entered once and that was only to view Creation. I don't think he did anything though.

8. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Ok, but he didn't do anythin significant. I mean, he made creation, looked at it, went "Looks good", and left. I doubt he's gonna come back.

9. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

He entered creation very early on. It is unclear how many times, or what he did while there besides inspecting Creation and declaring that it was good. This was after Nemed had chosen to give up his godhood to father the human (and indirectly the Elven, Aifon, and Orkish) race, but before the gods/angels had created angels to serve them. The passage from Creation and the True Heaven was wide open then, so The One and the angels, and maybe even the first generation of men, may have been able to move freely between them.

It didn't take too long after that, however, for Agares taint to spread so widely that the glory of The One would destroy absolutely everything that had been created. He did not want this to happen, so he stayed away. He tasked the gods/angels still loyal to him (who resisted Agares but had still been touched by his corruption, so they too were fallible and could not bear his holiness) with leading humanity to enlightenment and redeeming creation to the point where he could again come here without destroying all those he loves so much. (He did not task them with fighting Agares and his allies, just with protecting Creation. While fighting defensively is part of this, going out of ones way to destroy the wicked doesn't really help, and can hurt. Thus Cassiel's view that fanatical devotion to Good and to destroying Evil is itself evil is rather accurate.)

Agares wants him to come back soon and destroy Creation to prove that The One is not morally superior to Agares, who destroyed his own world when it didn't live up to his hopes. The Good gods would want him to return too, but not until Creation is ready, lest we all perish. They are also afraid of his return, as they know that they too have fallen short of his glory.

The term archangel does not normally refer to the angels created by The One, but to the greatest of the angels that those angels created to serve their tasks of destroying or redeeming creation.

It is not clear why the good gods have not revealed The One to humanity. It is possible that he told them not to, as relying on a higher power could hinder their enlightenment. I prefer to think that Agares made not revealing The One a condition of The Compact, but that doesn't explain why they hadn't told them before that.

10. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Ya know wat be really nice? If the Aifons were rediscovered. Maybe if a lil village of them was found. That'd be cool. Sorta like how the new civs in FF are discovered. ::sigh:: But the Aifons are dead.

11. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

12. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

I did. It's great!

13. das

das Regeneration In Process

The thing about Erebus is that it is the battlefield of all too many different powers, each with its own vision. IMHO in the ideal iteration of Erebus none of them, whether good or bad, whether personally sympathetic or not, have any real chance of securing a true and lasting victory, because they will balance themselves out. The good and the more worldly evil would ally to stop the Armageddon, and just about everyone would rally against the Illian evil master plan, if only because it gets in the way of everyone else's evil master plan. Cassiel might usher in a local Age of Enlightenment and he might create the Pax Grigorica, but unless he actually manages to change the basic rules by which the Creation runs (and I don't even mean the Compact - although it should be enough of a challenge in its own right; he will need to completely and permanently severe all bonds between the gods and their worshipers present or future, and I don't think that's within his power - besides, I doubt he would even want to do that, but who knows?) Reason will not reign forever, and neither will any other great force, ideal or plan. It will be overthrown by all the other forces arranged against it.

Nietzsche would decidedly love it here. The fact that this means endless warfare and infinite potential for misery might put off most other people, though.

14. Randomness

Randomness ...

I have read some of the lore, but not all of it. I'm sorry if I got some of the facts wrong. I acually realized that my senerio may not make any sence right after, and was going to delete it, but I decided to see the reactions anyways... My main point is though, that it would be cool to have magic vs tech(mabey new civ altoghether). I guess I should have said that instead of choosing a certaint civ. Maybe a couple of the factions turn against Casiel.

15. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

Hence, why everyone declares war on the Illians when they complete their rituals.

16. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

Sounds like the bane divine...