The next one - Franz-Josef I. of Austria

PW90

Warlord
I had plenty of time and there was no realistic looking Leaderhead of Franz-Josef I.
So I started working and this is the result.

V0.1: released Aug 21, 2007

V0.2: released Aug 23, 2007
- Background changed (There is now the Wiener Hofburg)

Here is the download:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/./downloads.php?do=file&id=8926

Attachments

• Franz-Josef Vorlage.JPG
    Franz-Josef Vorlage.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Franz Josef.JPG
    Franz Josef.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 549
  • Franz-Josef.JPG
    Franz-Josef.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 591
Very good, perhaps he could be used as a second leader for the Holy Roman Empire? (The cities any Austrian one would use, would mostly be the same)

can also be used as maximilen mexico or santa anna .Aztec has only montezuma

I approve. A good historic likeness with the only flaws the result of it being a careful paint job without actual model alterations. Excellent work. And yes, he would be very good for a second Holy Roman Empire leader. In fact, I think that Fredrick should be switched as well, giving the Holy Roman Empire a representative leader for each of its major parts (Charlamagne for the Frankish portion, Fredrick for the Prussian, and Franz Josef for the Austrian). This would enable the HRE to be a more historically balanced and accurate addition to the game.

maybe you can attach the upper part of Suleyman's beard to perfect this leader head. That is a hard fix.
An easy fix would be to redraw a smoother hair line on top of the head. And for sure a different background will ensure more flavour.

Sorry, but Franz-Josef would be no good choice for a second Leader of the Holy Roman Empire, because at the Time of his reign, the holy roman empire did not exist anymore. ;)
And also Frederick was never the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, he was King of Prussia. At this time, Maria Theresia was Holy Roman Empress. --> Maria Theresia would be a better second Leader for the Holy Roman Empire.

The Background should and will be changed in the next version. Maybe the St. Stephen's Cathedral (Stefansdom), Schloss Schönbrunn or the Wiener Hofburg would be good choices.
The Thing with the Beard should also be changed, but I don't think, I'm able to do this. :sad:

Yeah, but Frederick is already in the game, and technically (at least as I understand it), both Prussia and Austria were part of the Holy Roman Empire. The struggles between Frederick and Maria Theressa were over whether or not Austria could claim to control the portions of the HRE that Prussia held (or wanted to hold) juristiction over. So, Frederick was not a Holy Roman Emperor, but he could be said to have been an important leader within a faction of the Holy Roman Empire. (Technically, Hannibal was never in charge of Carthage either, nor was Ghandi in charge of India, but Civ doesn't really seem to care that much about such things.)

Franz Josef I is harder to argue in favor of, since as you say, the Holy Roman Empire had been officially dissolved two generations prior to his reign as emperor of Austria. The only case for his inclusion as a leader of the HRE is that he was in-line for the position, had the HRE continued to exist. Firaxis makes a similar move when they categorize Churchill as an English leader instead of creating a seperate British civ. The more practical argument is that the HRE is in the game, and it was ruled largely by the Austrian royal line. If you don't put Franz Josef I under the HRE banner, he has to go under an Austrian banner, and that creates the problem that most of the other possible leaders, units, etc for Austria were from the time before the HRE was dissolved, and thus belong to that faction as well. It's a case of either stretching the category or creating a redundancy. As I prefer to err on the first side, I'd rather just put him under the HRE, just as I'd put Nelson Mandella in the same civ as Shaka (probably not named Zulus though).

All of that to say, you're right, but I still think that putting them in the HRE is a viable option, the easiest option to streamline into the existing game, and a way to justify the existence of the Holy Roman Empire's presence.

Since the only two picky issues about it now are the sash and beard, would it be possible to paste on Hannibal's sash and alter the colors on that? That way, you would have the sash over the top of the buttons and jacket-seam. Not that it really needs anything more; I don't know how much of a perfectionist you are.

I`ve uploaded the new version with a new background (the Wiener Hofburg)
I hope you like it. :)

@ dutchking
Sorry, but how can I add my files to the DB

Thanks, looks great now. :goodjob: Real Tresure. For the DB.
go to Upload, make a .zip/rar or whatever and upload it to CFC (takes a while) Take the code they give you and copy it on windows notepad or something. now go to the Database and click "Add File" And everything is easy from there. Make sure you add it to the LH's department. :king:

@ snipperrabbit & dutchking
Thank you very much! I've uploaded the files to the DB :)

@ Vrenir
Sorry, but I haven't got such a knowledge about 3D-Graphics. Otherwise I would have done it. Maybe someone else in this forum can do this.

@ ripple01
I've made a button. It is attached to this post.
I hope you like it. :)

Attachments

• btn_Franz-Josef.JPG
    btn_Franz-Josef.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 1,539
  • btn_Franz-Josef.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom