1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Next President of the United States of America

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CavLancer, Jun 12, 2014.

?

Next president should be a...?

1. Conservative

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Center right

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Middle of the road

12 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Center left

23 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. Leftist

25 vote(s)
    28.4%
  6. Huh? What? Who? Where am I?

12 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

If the GOP candidate wants to run on the proposition that W was right on Iraq, all I can say is "Please proceed, candidate."

2. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

I'm stuck between Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Kevin Spacey

3. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

Why would they do that? All they have to do is say pulling out was a mistake.

J

4. JollyRoger

Please run on that one.

5. CavLancer

CavLancer This aint fertilizer

The sides determine the center, yes? Been thinking about this one for a while. If one splits the difference between the left side and the right side on a ruler the likely outcome will be 6". I guess it would be the same on the left and right in politics. Just split the difference between whatever the electorate has decided is important which is what defines a party, yes? Well hopefully. One side for abortion rights the other against, one side for gun rights the other against. Someone in the center might actually think through the issues and come to a centrist position by agreeing with issues on both sides. I should have put a 'Center' option in the poll, particularly considering that I'm registered independent. So I imagine some fuzzy place between what each individual determines right or left to be, then averaged with every voter. The center would therefore exist but be impossible to determine. What do you think Narz?

What I find a bit odd here is how many went hard left. I wonder if these get their opinions from the party platform instead of the other way around. Same with the hard right, but these are much fewer percentage wise. The center right is much more popular. Does this mean centrist conservatives are more likely to oppose party issues and think for themselves?

Of course this is a poll open to all the voters in the world so it would end up left leaning. I kind of suspect that the non US citizens went harder left than the US citizens, but who knows. :dunno: I'm not convinced that US left are all drones, and imagine that the non hard leftists were mostly Americans, or possibly US college students.

I think the world is so far left that the most extreme leftists in the US might be center left elsewhere. Most US leftists would fight before accepting communism for instance, imo. Foreigners, particularly Europeans actually consider communism an option, even after living with the Soviet Union nearby. Europeans are hard for me to understand.

6. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

And all we have to do is say "mission accomplished"

7. CavLancer

Bush was a really bad president with whom I have loads of issues BUT! The mission w a s accomplished. The mission of the allied military (Bush made his statement on a carrier) was to defeat Saddam Hussein and his military. This was done, the coalition military was victorious. The n e x t phase turned sour. That was Bush's fault for not looking into the can of worms he was getting into. Not realizing that closing the border with Iran would be impossible, and attacking Iraq instead of Iran in the first place.

The military mission of defeating Iraq was accomplished.

8. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

I thought the poll was for predictions because I rushed into voting and I picked center-right. Because it doesn't matter if it's a democrat or a republican, the odds are high that the electable one will be center-right, as usual.

9. FriendlyFire

So mission accomplished for Iraqi war invasion part 2 phase 1 and only for that one aircraft carrier and also it is the Navys fault, for asking for the banner which they hung, except there is no record of this request and neither did the navy put it up.

Given the lets say insane delusional criminal incompetent of the Bush administration. From "we will be greeted as liberators", "the war will pay for itself", "you goto war to with the army you have, not the army you want", pretty sure Occam's razor applies to this as well "mission accomplished" as well. Given that under the orders of sec of Defence Rumsfeld, all Post war military operations were to end within 3 months.

10. FriendlyFire

Least we forget CavLancer.
    Because we know EXACTLY what was planned for post war Iraq.

11. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

left does not mean accepting communism,nor does it mean one wants the revolution today(there is to much work to do first),nor does it mean government ownership of business,
    Democracy, Equality are often very much part of the lefts main concern, most leftist would fight before accepting communism. western countries are not Russia or Cuba, and have little desire to be so... only when you understand that, can western leftist ideas become less hard to understand

12. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

He did lose the plot.

Hmmm?

http://mediamatters.org/research/2010/06/27/memo-to-media-bush-set-a-timetable-for-withdraw/166835

13. JollyRoger

9/11 was Clinton's fault and the Iraq War was Obama's fault. We need another Bush.

14. cramstpuee757

cramstpuee757 Chieftain

Conservative? XD

15. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Voted center-left, and I thought about leftist. I'm pretty hard right, but the term comes with a lot of nation-specific baggage. I don't have a lot in common with America's right-wing.

16. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

Chronologically challenged.

If we (well ... you, thank Bob) get pubbie prez in 2016 (s)he will have solved the crisis in 2015.

17. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Catholic, African-American...how about female next?

18. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

I predict it will come down to Hilary vs Jeb Bush in the general election.

Nepotism Democracy in action!

19. CavLancer

Pretty much agree with what you wrote. If you read my post its the Europeans I don't understand. The US left I've got figured out, and hold some issues in common, such as advocating trade unions.

20. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

I don't believe Hillary will run, but Bush is a real possibility.

As you say. He's the best of a bad lot so far this century.

J