Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Center left

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Leftist

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • Huh? What? Who? Where am I?

Votes: 12 13.6%

• Total voters
That saddest part is that she highly likely hasn't even read those plays, so it is over 100% make-belief at this point.

in all fairness, she has probably seen the plays tho, you know the way Willy intended them to be, even if only on TV.

I'm concerned that the next president might be a crypto-anti-Stratfordian.

In the NYT Book Review yesterday, they asked Hillary Clinton what three literary figures, living or dead, she would invite to a dinner party. She said, Just one, William Shakespeare, to find out which plays he had written!

I will not be able to vote for this woman if she becomes the Democratic candidate, unless she changes her position on this issue between now and then.

Isn't the answer most of them? He did collaborate on one or two with Middleton. Timon of Athens, maybe. Dunno. I used to know all this stuff, but obviously not well, as I seem to have forgotten a lot.

I have heard a theory that William Shakespeare didn't write any of those 39 plays, though. It was somebody else. Who just happened to have the same name.

I still want to know what Hillary's concrete achievements are as a basis for voting for her. I actually started a thread asking that quite a while back and it took all of 2 pages to get horribly derailed. I haven't seen anything about her after all these years to indicate she'll be anything other than Obama with perhaps a few more bombs dropped and more character assassination(never underestimate the Clinton machine).

Best thing to come out of it was probably Cheezy's answer to the thread title(Why should I vote for Hillary?)

Because you like fascism? :dunno:

I'd like to see a Mexican descent person run. Susana Martinez, no idea where she stands on the issues but the republicans really need to broaden their base or cash in their chips. First woman too...

Rubio would be good too, particularly if he could be convinced to have a sex change. :b:

Btw Jay, been watching, non of those horses has moved.

Jeb Bush's wife is Mexican. He speaks fluent Spanish. Check the Bush horse. Jeb seems to be doing CPR on his brother. I always thought rumors Bush 43's demise were exaggerated. Methinks they protested overmuch.

Isn't the answer most of them? He did collaborate on one or two with Middleton. Timon of Athens, maybe. Dunno. I used to know all this stuff, but obviously not well, as I seem to have forgotten a lot.

I have heard a theory that William Shakespeare didn't write any of those 39 plays, though. It was somebody else. Who just happened to have the same name.

Also "A Winter's Tale." None of the good ones were joint projects. The question is whether he wrote any of them. He had no military experience and the writer of the plays seems to have intimate knowledge of both military life and of battle. Some nobel (Earl of Oxford?) may have used him as a pen name.

J

Optimus Balanced Budget

in all fairness, she has probably seen the plays tho, you know the way Willy intended them to be, even if only on TV.

^

I don't think we should judge Presidential candidates on useless things such as whether they've read Shakespeare. lol

That saddest part is that she highly likely hasn't even read those plays, so it is over 100% make-belief at this point.

She probably has. That's the sort of thing intelligent people did before the Internet.

In the NYT Book Review yesterday, they asked Hillary Clinton what three literary figures, living or dead, she would invite to a dinner party. She said, Just one, William Shakespeare, to find out which plays he had written!
I would assume she meant she'd ask about the plays that didn't survive to the present day?

I would assume she meant she'd ask about the plays that didn't survive to the present day?

Here's the exact quote: "I'd choose to have one guest for a long dinner: William Shakespeare. I'm curious to see who would show up and what he really wrote."

So, no, I think anti-Stratfordian. But not even full-blooded anti-Stratfordian. Lukewarm anti-Stratfordian! Pah! Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination.

Yea, if her interest were in Cardenio and Love's Labors Won, then she'd go up in my estimation!

voting for Hillary = pissing on the graves of everyone who died because we were lied into invading Iraq

she's a horrible person who sacrificed other people for her political ambitions

I was quite happy when Obama beat her in the primaries

Also "A Winter's Tale." None of the good ones were joint projects. The question is whether he wrote any of them. He had no military experience and the writer of the plays seems to have intimate knowledge of both military life and of battle. Some nobel (Earl of Oxford?) may have used him as a pen name.

J

What? You seem to imply that the Winter's Tale is no good. That won't pass muster.

The Winter's Tale is excellent, and features the stage direction 'Exit, pursued by a bear'. What's not to like?

You might cite lack of knowledge of military matters (I've read that debated and iirc it doesn't cut the mustard), but he does exhibit intimate knowledge of theatrical matters.

It is just simpler all round to assume that Shakespeare was... Shakespeare.

Timon of Athens is also v.good. I won't claim it's perfection. But none of the 39 is.

What? You seem to imply that the Winter's Tale is no good. That won't pass muster.

The Winter's Tale is excellent, and features the stage direction 'Exit, pursued by a bear'. What's not to like?

You might cite lack of knowledge of military matters (I've read that debated and iirc it doesn't cut the mustard), but he does exhibit intimate knowledge of theatrical matters.

It is just simpler all round to assume that Shakespeare was... Shakespeare.

Timon of Athens is also v.good. I won't claim it's perfection. But none of the 39 is.
You must admit "A Winter's Tale" is in fast company. No shame to lag a bit.

I like the pastorals--Twelth Night, Midsummer Nights Dream, As You like it. I never spent much time with the Historicals. Julius Ceasar of course, but Liz Taylor ruined A&C. Still, there is nothing like "King Lear". It is impossible to recite the King's speach on the stormy heath without shouting.

J

Jeb Bush's wife is Mexican. He speaks fluent Spanish. Check the Bush horse. Jeb seems to be doing CPR on his brother. I always thought rumors Bush 43's demise were exaggerated. Methinks they protested overmuch.

J

I wonder if a Bush could even get the nomination no matter how good a governor he is.

I think there is a real chance he gets elected. Not a good chance, but as good as any one person out there. Better,
J

good thing Obama got the troops out when he was asked, otherwise he wouldn't be able to invade IRAQ, wouldn't be a proper Bush presidency without it.
Talking of traditions, when is the election? so I can plan time off from work to march again...

Top Bottom