1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Nobles' Club Bullpen: Second Cycle

The Nobles' Club Bullpen: Second Cycle

1. Framesticker

Framesticker Prince

They something like Archers at Emperor, Worker at Immortal and Settler at Deity or something like that.

2. dalamb

dalamb Deity

The level of difficulty you pick when you start the game decides the number of units the AI gets when it starts, as well as its other advantages like increased tech and production rates. The techs in the WBsave file determine what those units are.

3. happyturtle

happyturtle Mrs GrumpyOldCivver

Okay, so if someone starts a new scenario off the world builder save, the units are generated then?

4. dalamb

dalamb Deity

If the WBsave has no units for a particular civilization, they get created at that civ's starting location. If a civ has any units at all in the WBsave, those are the only ones it gets.

5. happyturtle

Ah, so I should delete the units then?

6. dalamb

dalamb Deity

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. To use the NC WB save files, just unpack the .zip file, select one of the 4 saves (Noble, Monarch, Immortal, or Deity), select your difficulty and speed levels, then play.

7. happyturtle

I'm trying to build WB save files for a new map.

8. Siran

Siran Warlord

May you should try elaborating what you are trying to do and what exactly your question is. Nobody knows why you think you have to delete any units...

9. dalamb

dalamb Deity

I though I told him why: You delete the initial units for the AI civ if you want it to get the right units for the difficulty level people choose when they start the scenario. Otherwise they get just the units in the WB save file.

10. dalamb

dalamb Deity

NC 57 Joao is up.

One alternative I considered specifically because of Joao (but rejected) was to add an extra AI in the new world and make it a minor nation. I'm not sure how big a change this makes to how the "barbarians" behave -- I'd appreciate someone's explaining -- but I'm nearly certain it means Joao's IMP trait "works". That is, he'd get 100% Great General emergence against the inhabitants of the new world.

Does anyone want to try that version instead of the one I posted? If so, should that be some separate non-NC thread?

11. drlake

drlake Emperor

I'm not playing much these days, but I'd give it a try. I recommend separate threads.

12. Amao

Amao King

How about add 2-3 Normal AIs on the new worlds? Maybe 3 peace techers? ;)

13. millahnna

millahnna Mouse

So I know someone already uploaded a zip of all of round one. But since I did this for myself, I figured I'd upload it in case someone found it useful. You see, I'm super anal retentive about how files sort in my directories. Since I started doing Noble's Club at the end and worked my way backwards, I got used to the NC ## naming convention and the renamed the earlier files accordingly as I downloaded them. I also took all single files (before each download included multiple WB saves) and pulled them out of individual rars so they were solo.

So when you extract this to a folder and sort by name, they will be in the order they were posted. You'll know which games came with multiple levels of WB saves because they are still in an archive and not standing solo in the directory.

Of course anyone as anal as me probably already did something like this for themselves. But just in case, merry frelling christmas. :D

Archive is 7zip, it's free, go get it.

Attached Files:

14. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

Care to update the OP?

15. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

Thanks:goodjob: Could you be super anal retentive on the other games like Lonely Hearts Club and Monarch Student(which has a Continued Monarch Student also) games

16. dalamb

dalamb Deity

:blush: Done. Also moved the list of last round's leaders to the end, which makes editing this round's stuff a lot easier.

17. millahnna

millahnna Mouse

Yeah I can probably do that. I don't play those much though so I may not upkeep it with every new addition. But I guess that's easy to do yourself once all the backlog is handled. I'll go add the threads to my subscription list so I can work on it when I'm done bashing my head against this thing on Wikipedia. Should I add my NC zip to the round one thread?

18. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

That would be good too, just incase someone is looking at that thread. Also put it in the Sample Game Directory

19. dalamb

dalamb Deity

So far this round we've exercised traits Cre, Exp, Fin, Imp, which to me means the next couple ought to involve some combination of Agg, Cha, Ind, Org, Phi, Pro, and Spi. I'm considering Boudicca (Agg/Cha) on a Global Highlands map; this has lots of hills, but isn't all land like Highlands. Any other suggestions? Relatively few people played Joao, which I assume is at least partly (maybe mostly) the immanent release of Civ 5, so there's relatively few of us to comment.

20. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

I played Joao (Great map Bdw) but i decided not to show it online because of the few people who played that map. I've never played Global Highlands before, or as boudicca, so i'd like to see that.