1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The notes to Joaos Music

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Ariminio, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Ariminio

Ariminio Chieftain

Anyone know the notes to Joaos music? I am trying to play the main tune on my piano, but I'm not good enough to do it just by hearing, so I need the notes, you know, like a b c d e f g.

2. Lyoncet

Lyoncet Emperor

I could probably write it up pretty quickly on Sibelius 4. Give me ~48 hours.

3. Ariminio

Ariminio Chieftain

That would be pretty fantastic, but it sounds like alot of work. The letters of the main tune would really do.

4. arikajohnson

arikajohnson Chieftain

Cool, I would like to see this as well.

5. Lyoncet

Lyoncet Emperor

6. ilikepies

ilikepies Warlord

Whoa! Could you do that for Willem van Oranje? His song is catchy.

7. Ariminio

Ariminio Chieftain

wow that is amazing! I was really hoping for the middle or late ears though, (should have made it clear, sorry), the main theme comes out much better in middle and late, I think. I know its alot to ask, but please? :crazyeye:

8. Lyoncet

Lyoncet Emperor

I should be able to do both Willem's and Joao's mid or late themes pretty easily monday or tuesday. I love this kind of thing, so it's no bother. :)

9. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I have some of Willem's done, actually. If you want, I'll have it by tomorrow. The theme is universal, but I'll be presenting it in Early.

10. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I just finished Willem's Early theme. Just click on the picture to enlarge them. Here it is.

Oh, and nice work Lyoncet!

11. Lyoncet

Lyoncet Emperor

Very nice work civplayah! :goodjob: Mind if I crib that tomorrow and add the left hand? I'm a huge folk music aficionado, and given that North American folk music is only a few steps removed from the folk of the Netherlands, I've always had a soft spot for that one. :)

Anyhow, here's João's late theme, with a largely fabricated left hand part since I couldn't hear the bass well enough to make out most of the notes. I also uploaded a video of Sibelius playing through it since there are a few sticky rhythms in there.

12. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Go for it!

13. Ariminio

Ariminio Chieftain

Wow, that is complicated for for a music newbie like me, its awesome that you made that youtube upload of the sound, because it sounds weird in some parts, I think there might be some notes wrong. Its a great start, maybe someone else can help to improve it, its way above my head.

14. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Does anyone have any other requests for music?

15. Lyoncet

Lyoncet Emperor

Haven't gotten to the left hand on Willem's but I did re-do João's. The left hand on this one I actually pulled from the Middle part even though the right is still from the Late theme (the middle's bass line is much easier to hear), and I fixed a few of the mistakes from the old version.

Video

16. Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama Warlord

Now what we need is the Burger King (Charlie) and middle age Qin Shi Huangdi's China. QSH's music gets in my head man!

17. Ariminio

Ariminio Chieftain

That is pretty good! It sounds almost like the music in the game, great job, thank you for this, it does look much harder than I expected, I guess I have to get better at playing before I can manage to master this one.

18. pesgores

pesgores Deus Vult!

I gotta give this to my father, he started learning how to play piano and guitar, let's see if he can do this!