1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Odyssey (and other tales)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Grandmaster, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

The group wakes up in the morning, each having experienced an odd dream. The break camp and head out on the road again. They are unopposed for the entire day, and cover much ground. During the long, uninterupted trek, they get to talking.

Liza: So does anyone have a plan how we're going to even get in to Thebes? I would imagine its pretty heavilly guarded...

CG: Well, me and Mara can go in in disguise.

GM: Very well. I'll go in my usual way. Liza, Anthony, however you two want to do this is fine. Go in my way, go in disguised with CivGeneral and Mara, or find your own method. What matters is that we get into the city.

Mara: And what is your way, Grandmaster?

GM: The same way I got into your palace. Walk right in, and give the guards a good reason not to get in your way.

Mara: Define "good reason."

GM: Oh, staying alive for instance. Like I've always said, you can get farther with a sword and a smile than you can with just a smile.

CG: But what if there are too many of them? Like in Mara's dream? Or if you don't scare them.

GM: Don't worry. If it comes to it, I'll force my way in with steel alone. So what are you two going to do?

Anthony: I think I'll go in disguise with CivGeneral. Liza?

Liza: I'm just a young girl wandering through the countryside. ;) The guards will let me in.

GM: Very well. The plan is set. By this time tomorrow, we will be at the gates of Thebes. Twenty-four hours after that, the war will be over.

Anthony: I'm not so sure. You saw in that ambush before, the Egyptian soldiers are fanatics. They'll fight even if we make peace. What if this whole thing doesn't work?

GM: That is a strong possibility. If this fails, the war will continue, and we will all certainly die. But what if it doesn't fail? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth trying for? Isn't that worth dying for?

Liza: Yes, you're right. We have to end this war. We have to get to Thebes and we have to do all we can. Come on, let's hurry up.

And so they continue on at a faster pace towards the Capital of Egypt, and a possible end to the Egypto-Fanatican War.

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Mara Jade: Ill go in as "Arica", CivGeneral will go in as "Mustafa", and Anthony should go in as "Mohammed", an Egyptian Colonel.

Grandmaster: Sounds good, How is the plan going to work?

CivGeneral: "Arica" will get the troops distracted with her dancing, I would stand guard, and "Mohammed" would change. the battle plans around

Anthony: Hehe, it would be quite. *ahem* interesting to see the plans changed and watching them fire in the other direction.

Mara puts on an Egyptian dancer out fit, CivGeneral gets out a Turbin and an Egyptian Saber sword, Anthony puts on an Egyptian Colonel's outfit.

OOC: Note - The names in quotation marks are there desguised name. The real name will be intact to make the identification easyer.

Mara Jade "Arica": Ready "Mustafa", Ready "Mohammed".

CivGeneral "Mustafa": Ready when you are

Anthony "Mohammed": Lets set the chaos in motion.

3. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: So, CG and I are going in disguise, and SaaM and GM are going straight in.... Maybe you can implement Anhtony's dream into the story when you get to Cleo... If you're real good, you'll know what to do ;).

Anthony "Mohammed": So, are we just going to stand here like turkeys on a rainy day?

Mara "Arica": Come on then. Mustafa, lead me please ;)

CivGeneral "Mustafa": With pleasure ;)

They walk into the headquarters, and an Egyptian Private stops them.

Egyptian: Where are you going?

Anthony(In Egyptian tongue): How dare you stop me! I am a colonel, now step aside!

Egyptian: Oh yes, sorry. Go right ahead.

The trio walks in. The soldiers are amazed by "Arica's" dancing. "Mustafa" stands guard making sure no one nabs her while "Mohammed" changes the plans accordingly. On the night they "visit" Cleo, there should be 2-5 guards in the palace, as opposed to the 10-30 guards.

Anthony: Ready, let's go "Mustafa"

CivGeneral: "Arica", let's go!

Soldier: Awwwe, you have to take her away?

Mara: Yes, now move!

The soldier grabs Mara and starts to sun off. CivGeneral just watches cause he knows Mara can take care of herself.
    Mara takes out a knife and slits the soldiers threat, and then walks away, snickering.

CivGeneral: Good job. Now we should be going.

The other soldiers stand back as if the three were rattlesnake posoin.

Anthony: Now, we must get into the palace and meet Grandmaster and Liza.

A little voice goes, "LIZA WITH A Z!!!"

4. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Meanwhile, at the entrance to the Theban Palace, home of Celopatra herself, a black figure lurks in the shadows. He makes not a sound, and his movement is invisible. The Royal Guards at the door to the Palace do not see or hear him. That is, until he emerges from the shadows behind them. He wraps is arm around one's neck, dagger in hand, squeezing hard enough to prevent him from making a sound.

GM: Good evening, gentlemen. I am here to see your Queen Cleopatra. This is a social visit, so there is no need for armed guards to be present while I am speaking with her.

Guard: We can't do that! Now get out of here, or we will be forced to kill you!

GM: "We"? One of you is as good as dead right now if you don't let me in. If you do, you will both live. The choice is yours.

Trapped Guard: For God's sake man let him in!

Guard: No! It is our duty to defend the Daughter of Osiris!

GM: Very well.

The cloaked figure begins to press the dagger against the guards throat.

Guard: No! Don't! We'll let you in!

GM (releasing him): Excellant. Now, both of you run along and make sure not to tell anybody about this.

The two guards unlock the door, then start to walk away as quickly as they can. Grandmaster turns, takes aim, and throws his dagger into the back of one. He falls instantly. The other turns to see what has happened and gets a rod of ice-cold steel through the chest. He cannot even cry out, and crumbles to the floor like a rag doll. Grandmaster opens the door and enters the Palace.

Inside, he finds a shadow and hides amongst it. He waits for several minutes until his companions arrive.

GM: Good, you are here. I trust the plans have been altered as desired?

Anthony: Yes, and we should be going now.

GM: Why? The throne room is right over there.

Anthony: You mean we're going in tonight?

GM: Yes, of course. That was the plan.

Anthony: But the change in plans won't be enacted until tomorrow!

GM: Then we must go ahead with their original plans intact. We cannot afford to wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow the garrisons will be on full alert. Tonight they are not.

CG: Why is tonight different then tomorrow night?

GM: Today was the Egyptian National Holdiay. Celebrating the "birthday" of their nation as was recorded in their damned infidel mythology. The mead is flowing in the taverns and the hashish is burning in the barracks. They are in no state to fight tonight. Tomorrow they will be sober. That is why I planned the attack to go today.

CG: Oh.....

GM: We've waited long enough. Let's move. The plan is this. CivGeneral and myself will enter the throne room to "negotiate" with Cleopatra. Anthony, you will stand guard out here and watch for patrolling guards. Mara, you will be our backup if one of us falls in there. And Liza, we're counting on you to be the level-headed one who can actually make a peace settlement. Wars are won by killing soldiers and talking with politicans, not the other way around. Now let's go.

Sword in hand, Grandmaster pushes open the throne room door. He and CivGeneral step in, and see the look of shock on the faces of the Royal Guards.

Guard 1: Who are you?!

GM: That is of no consequence. You will leave now.

Guard 2: Like hell we will! Be gone with you, intruder, or feel the sting of my steel!

GM: I'm shaking in my boots. Now get out, before I become angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Guard 1: Oh really? Well take this!

The two guards rush Grandmaster and CivGeneral. CivGeneral draws his ornate royal shortsword, but does not have a chance to use it. In a blur of motion, Grandmaster raises his sword and makes a single fluid spinning motion, cutting open the chest of one guard and deflecting the blow of the other. The guard is shocked, and doesn't react in time to deflect the sword that is braught down upon his right shoulder with enough force to shatter the bone and throw him to the ground. Grandmaster plunges the sword into his heart and then looks up at the Egyptian Queen. He see four more guards come out from behind her throne.

GM: CivGeneral, you take the two on the right. I'll take the left.

CG: Works for me.

Again the guards foolishly charge the two men, and again they become playthings for the warriors' blades.

GM: Well, m'lady, I must say that you need a better protective detail than that. Soldiers of such poor skill would be security guards at gladiatorial matches in Fanatica, certainly not Palace Guards. Or maybe I just picked a bad time? After all, today is National Hashish Day or something, isn't it?

Cleo: It is the Egyptian National Holiday, the day our immortal nation was ordained by the Gods!

GM: Right, right, I forgot. I am truly sorry. Let me introduce myself. I am Grandmaster of Vaniria, and I am your nation's worst nightmare. This here is CivGeneral. He is the future King of Fanatica. And I take it you are Cleopatra?

Cleo: Yes, I am.

GM: Good, then I am in the right place. I would be quite disappointed if I had killed those guards for nothing. Anyway, we are here to discuss with you the war between our nations.

Cleo: Oh, the one I am winning? From what my advisors tell me, Fanatican troops aren't even in the country, and we have taken several of your cities. They say my people are fanatically loyal to me, you know.

GM: Funny, the leader of ancient Babylon was told the same things before his empire collapsed. Let me fill you in on the truth. Fanatica has taken control of much of your country. You power is slipping. We have turned your once-formidable military into a scrap heap. And we are not done. I am here today as an embassery of Fanatica. I wish to end this war right now. Therefore, I make you this deal. If you sign a surrender document right now, and order your troops to stop fighting, I will allow you to live and this city to stand.

Cleo: How dare you threaten me! I am a Queen! And what are you? A bloody peasant!

GM: I figured as much. Perhaps I had best just turn myself in. Please call you finest Military Police unit, and have them come and arrest me.

Cleo: Royal Messenger!

Messenger: Yes, m'lady?

Cleo: Get the MP's and have them arrest this man!

Messenger: Yes ma'am.

A few minutes later the Palace MP's arrive. They have short swords and manacles out, ready for use against the two intruders.

GM: About time you got here, boys. Please, come put those chains on me if you will.

An MP officer approaches with the chains. He gets within three feet, when there is suddenly the high-pitched song of thin steel cutting through the air, and his head falls to the floor.

GM: Who's next, then?

The MP's run from the room, deserting their "immortal" leader./i]

GM: See what I mean? Now, are you going to surrender or not?

Cleo: No, I will never surrender.

5. Civanator

Civanator Deity

6. GenMarshall

Soon Mara Jade and Liza burst into the Throne room

Mara Jade: Charming Place

Liza: Enough Gawking, lets move

Mara runs up to CivGeneal's side, Liza runs up to the right of Grandmaster. Mara, CivGeneral, and Grandmaster walks up to Cleo herself. Mara and CivGeneral Pulls out an iron Knife, Grandmaster still has his sword out

Grandmaster: You are surounded. What are you going to do now?

Cleo: I would rather Die than Surrender

Mara Jade: Then you dont happen to hear about my Jade's List?

Cleo: Jade's List?

Mara Jade: All of my Targets ends up in the liast. Hense being "Jaded"

Cleo: *Gulps*

Grandmaster: YOu better do as we say, or

Mara Jade makes a cutting action to the thought with her fingers. Soon Anthony barges in

Mara, GM, Liza, & CG: Anthony!!!

Cleo Dips her fingers in a poisonus substance and sneeks behind Mara

CivGeneral: What are you doing here?

Anthony: Helpiung you, of course. Mara Look out Behind you!!!!

Mara Jade Trips Cleo and backflips Cleo onto the floor

Cleo: *Ugh* Mara is to strong....

Cleo looks at Anthony

Cleo: Maybe your little Freind is worthy

Anthony: Heh, I dont think So. Be prepared to be killed

GM: Anthony, NO!

But it is too late. Anthony and Cleo engage in a spectacular brawl. Pucnhes, kicks, blocks, counterattacks, evasions, everything. Then, Cleo scratches Anthony right down the left arm. He screams in terror, and in blind fury, punchs Cleo in the chest. Cleo goes flying back 6 feet. Her chest was crushed, be she is still alive. Grandmaster rushes to her, and holds his sword at her heart.

GM: Do you surrender now?

Cleo: NEVER!

GM plunges the sword into her heart, Mara Jade Slices Cleo's Neck. Cleo dies instantly. But now, they have to help Anthony. He was hit with some kind of posion, and must be cured. He starts bumbling around, and finally falls down.

Grandmaster, CivGeneral, Liza, and Mara: ANTHONY!

Anthony(as they all hudle over him): It was nice fighting with you. (He suddenly starts to convulse). Help..... me..... Don't let the darkness come!!

Anthony faints, his face wet with cold sweat. The group knows they must find a Karabala to get him cured.

CivGeneral: There is a Fanatican Karabala outside Thebes, if we hurry, we can save Anthony!

GM: OK, CivGeneral, help me carry him. Mara and Liza: lead the way.

They hurry out with Anthony. His time is running out..... Will they make it in time to save Anthony?

7. Civanator

Civanator Deity

As they leave, Anthony's eyes open and he starts blurting out mad things, but yet he is not in control of his body. It is as if he is possesed!

Anthony: The Darkness! Don't let it take me! Not yet! Please, help!

The others cannot understand a thing, but the carry on.

Anthony: It's coming! I can't stop it! HELP! Please, don't let it! DON'T LET IT!!!

Again, no one understands him. His eyes start to turn a dark black color(the whole eye, not just the iris), but no one notices because he is on CivGeneral and Grandmaster's shoulders.

Anthony: The Darkness! It is coming! I'm... I'm...... I'm losing my eyes!

They hurry ever faster, for Anthony's time is running thin.

8. GenMarshall

Mara Jade, Liza, CivGeneral, Anthony, and Grandmaster reaches Fanatican Karabala, a witch doctor who lives outside of Thebes. Mara Jade dashes to the door and knocks on his door

Karbala: Yes kind Stranger, How may I help you

Mara Jade: You must help my Freind, Anthony. We were in a fight with Cleo...

Karbala walks to Anthony and examens him

Karbala: ..and been scrached by her nails containing the Poision

CivGeneral: *Ugh*, The Poision is known as "Anthonium Acid". My hobby is Alchemy. Mara Jade is on my side in my hobbies.

Karbala: Interesting, You and Mara would have to help me.

Mara Jade: Put Anthony on the bed.

Grandmaster puts Anthony on the bed. Everyone noticed that Anthony's eyes have gone totaly black. Mara Jade burres her head to CivGeneral

Mara Jade: I cant look

CivGeneral: There there Mara. Hmm, Anthonium Acid has been known to Kill people and turn there eyes perminately black. The Compound of this substance is relitivly unknown.

Karbala: How do you know about this, Liquid

CivGeneral: I have done some research in turning Lead into Gold. Which is the By product of the process, though I have not sucsessfuly turned Lead into Gold.

Grandmaster: Can we stop with the Science Lesson and get on with the cure.

Karbala: Right away.

Karbala and CivGeneral work up a liquid concotion that would help Anthony. Suddenly Mara Jade goes into a trance like state
    Mara jade's Trance
    Mara Jade: Huh? Where am I?

Anceant Walker #1: You are in the land of mysteries, Mara Jade

Anceant Walker #3: You have the potion to cure your freind

Mara Jade: But, CivGeneral and Karbala are working on it now

Anceant Walker #2: Bah, Witch Doctors and Alchemists dont posses the potion to cure Anthony

Anceant Walker #1 Walks to Mara Jade and hands her a vial of the potion

Anceant Walker #3: You must remember these words.

Anceant Walkers 1,2 & 3: Aquas, arrakis, melange, amal, lifestanus

Anceant Walker #2: If you fail to say this, your Freind would certanly die.

Anceant Walker #1: Come Mara, let us show you whats going on in Anthony's mind

Mara Jade: O.. O... ...Ok

The Anceant Walkers escourt Mara Jade to a wall, Suddenly the wall sworls around and suddenly Mara can see Anthony in a maze

Mara Jade: Anthony!!!

Anceant Walker #3: Anthony cannot hear you

Anthony: Mara? CivGeneral? where are you

Anceant Walker #1: Mara Jade, you best return back. and dont forget the words

Suddenly Mara Jade snaps out of her trance

Mara Jade: Whoh, that was wierd

Karbala: This should be the final product?

CivGeneral: are you sure that it can neutralize the poison

Karbala: I am positive

Mara Jade reaches into her pocket, then pulls out the potion. Mara is shocked to realized the trance was real

Mara Jade: Wait!!! You are giving him the wrong liquid.

Mara Jade pushes Karbala out of the way. In the process, Karbala drops his and CG's flask onto the floor. CivGeneral stands in amasement, soon CivGeneral hears a voice from one of the Anceant Walkers

Anceant Walker #1: Let Mara Jade give Anthony that potion, dont let Karbala interfear

CivGeneral holds Karbala down

Karbala: What are you doing? Have you gone mad?

CivGeneral: No, I have heard the Anceant Walkers, and Mara Jade was in a trance.

Karbala looks at admasement

Mara Jade: I hope this works.

Mara Jade pours the potion into Anthony's mouth

Mara Jade: Aquas, arrakis, melange, amal, lifestanus

The Anceant Walkers looks on and vanish. Anthony beguins to turn normal, nolonger is he convulging and having Alucinations. Anthony is returned to normal, but he will bear the scars of his wonds, his Eyes will be Perminately Black

Mara Jade: Whoh, it worked

Mara Jade runs up to CivGeneral and Hugs him

Mara Jade: Ive did it

CivGeneral: I knew you had it in you.

Grandmaster: Now if we can stop getting mushy about it, we have an Empire to destroy.

CivGeneral & Mara Jade: Right

9. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Liza has been watching on. She has an odd facination with death, almost as if she likes it
    Liza: Cool! Now that we've played Miracle worker, how about we go and mess around with Thebes a bit. Who wants to pillage?!?
    All: We do!

10. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

With their friend healed, the travelers decide how they will go about ravaging Thebes. Grandmaster has laid a large map of the city and surrounding area on the table.

GM: OK, here and here are guard barracks. Inside each of those barracks is more than 100 troops. Each barracks has its own armory, stables, food supplies... everything an army needs. If we could destroy those barrack complexes somehow, we could put some major hurt on the bad guys. Similarly, this building here is the Decagon, the centralized command post for the entire Egyptian army. Hitting that hard enough would disrupt the entire military, and maybe give the Legions a chance to wrap up the remaining pckets of resistance. And finally, these two roads are the lifelines into and out of Thebes. If they were to be disrupted, it would make it nearly impossible for Egyptian reinforcements to get to the city quickly. That is vital if we are going to go after the other targets.

CG: So, what do we hit the targets with? I mean, we don't have any artillery or anything.

GM: No, but we have fire. And on top of that, whale oil.

Mara: Whale oil?

GM: Whale oil. CivGeneral, you're an alchemist, correct?

CG: Yes.

GM: Then I am sure you have heard of naptha.

CG: Greek fire, isn't it? But I'm not sure how one makes it.

GM: It's jellied oil. The Greeks use some sort of oil that I've never actually seen, but I think the same process can be applied to whale oil as well, and we have plenty of that available right in the city market. Liza, I need you to go into town and purchase as much whale oil as you can. Also, purchase some candle wicks, and several clay pots. Can you do that?

Liza: Sure. I'll be back shortly.

Liza leaves to buy the ingredients for the killer cocktail.

GM: Alright, what we'll do is this. We mix up some naptha, and put them in the clay pots with wicks. We'll place them attack key points in the barrack installations and in the Decagon, and then set them off. They should start a nice sized fire. If do this at night, we might be able to burn the entire city garrison while they sleep. While that fire is burning, we can launch a small raid with conventional weapons, go in there and troch thing that weren;t hit with the naptha, maybe cut up some soldiers. Then we withdraw.

CG: And the roads?

GM: Roadblocks, fires, digging up sections of road, changing signs..... whatever we need to do to put it out of service. Everyone alright with that?

The nod their agreement, and all sit down to wait for Liza's return.

11. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Liza returns about 2 hours later, dragging a wooden cart loaded with clay pots, a box of cotton wicks, and numerous vessels of whale oil.

GM: Excellent. Friend Karbala, do you by any chance have any sulfur, lime, or phosphorous?

Karbala: Indeed. I have been experimenting with them to find cures for ailments.

GM: Would it be alright if we were to use some of your stock?

Karbala: Certainly, friend. If it will help end the tyranny of these Egyptian mongrels, then use it all.

That said, Grandmaster and CivGeneral go around the house collecting the necessary items. Two large bronze pots are placed on the table. They are filled half-way with whale oil. The sulfur, lime, and phosphorous is then mixed into the oil, and the oil is beaten with a large spoon until it becomes a stiff but amorphous jelly. It the naptha is then poured into the clay jars, and a wick inserted. The process is then repeated, until they have 15 jars of naptha and have expended their supplies of oil.

Mara: So that stuff burns?

GM: Yes, incredibly well. I have seen it used in combat. During the war between my home town and our neighboring province, they attempted to make a sea landing behind an enemy fortification so they wouldn't have to engage the keep. The enemy used catapults to throw jars exactly like these at the ships. Those that hit shattered and set the entire ship ablaze. Those that missed floated in the water, and when the ships crashed into them they shattered and burned, creating a layer of fire over the water itself. Not to mention that it clings to human skin like no other substance I have ever seen. This will be our weapon for destroying the Egyptian military presence in Thebes.

Liza: So what now?

GM: Now we wait for nightfall. At midnight, there is a shift change in all three buildings, and the rest of the soldiers are asleep. That is when we strike.

12. Civanator

Civanator Deity

That night before the raid on Thebes, Anthony walks up to Mara.

Anthony: Mara, I want to talk to you...

She turns around.

Anthony: Thank you for saving my life. You have my deepest gratitude, and I want to repay you.

Anthony takes out a box from his pouch.

Mara: Is that.... is that the spice!? Isn't it your last ounces?

The spice Anthony has given Mara is a sacred spice. It is very rare, and only found in the ancient desert of the Giant Worms. It has powerful effects. It greatly improves the immune system, and sometimes, when eaten long enough, will turn one's eyes a deep blue. If it is eaten longer too, one will start to have visions of the future... This powerful substance is called Melange.

Anthony: I know it is my last ounces, so I am giving it to you. It saved my life, and it may save your's too. This is what is giving me vision, so I will have to travel to the Ancient Desert soon, when our odyssey is ends, but I know it will not... You can join me if you like, but it is a hard journey.

CivGeneral walks in.

CG: Come on you too, we must go now. The raid is beginning.

They walk out, and Mara eats a piece of the spice before they leave.

13. GenMarshall

CivGeneral noticed Mara is chewing something

Mara Jade: Honey. Your freind gave us some of his last Ounces of the Spice. And Anthony has invited us to go with him. Oh, have a Spice.

CivGeneral: Thanks

CivGeneral eats a piece of the spice

CivGeneral: Well, Anthony can be the Best Man. After the War, we should unite and go with Anthony as our little vacation

Mara Jade: Sounds great

Mara Jade beguins to Kiss CivGeneral. Soon Grandmaster walks to them

Grandmaster: Heh, You two cant keep an eye away from each other Grandmaster said with a smerk

Anthony: I had a vision that they will tie the knot and make me and you Best men.

14. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: I have made a picture of the first scene:

It is when GM killed the three spearmen at the beginning. How do you like it?

15. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

OOC: Cool. I had considered adding some graphics to the scenes, but decided against it do to an acute lack of artistic talent. ;)

16. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: I am going to make a pic of Liza leaving penguinada, and was wondering if you would like to see Roman buildings, or Byzantine? Roman I would install a modpack... :)

17. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

With Mara and CivGeneral's.... "romantic needs"..... out of the way, the warriors set out for the raid which they hope will set the Egyptians off balance and knock out Thebes once and for all. Under cover of darkness they move, slipping into the city through a small breach in the western wall. Grandmaster and CivGeneral each wield swords, Mara holds a spear, Liza cradles a shortbow, and Anthony carries the incendiaries. They split up inside the city, with CivGeneral, Mara, and Anthony going to one barrack complex and Grandmaster and Liza (with Grandmaster no carrying some of the jars) to the other. At exactly 11:58 both teams arrive at their objectives. They watch, invisible in the darkness, as the guard shifts change inside each structure.

GM: OK, while they're distracted, let's move.

Grandmaster runs up to the building wall, crouched down, and places a jar against the wall. He takes a long hemp rope covered in clay that is wrapped around his shoulder, and places it into the jar. This will serve as a time-delay fuse. Simultaneously, CivGeneral does the same at his objective. The fuses are lit, and the clay causes them to burn slowly and also conceals the small flame, so it is not noticed by the guards. Grandmaster and Liza then move on to the actual barracks, placing two of the jars against the east wall and setting them with a single, two-branched time-delay fuse.

CG: That should take care of the barracks, right?

Mara: I think so...

-------------------------

GM: Alright, that's enough for this building. Let's move on. For my next trick, I'll burn the armory.

CivGeneral's team moves to the guard tower that overlooks the city. A team of archers is stationed atop it, bows facing outwards, ready to shower the city with death if need be. A jar is placed at the base of one support leg, and cotton ropes soaked in whale oil are tied around the others and placed in the jar. A time-delay fuse is then set in it, and the team slinks off into the darkness and waits for the fireworks to begin. Meanwhile, at the other camp, Grandmaster slashes the throat of the lone guard defending the Armory, and slips inside. He places the incendiary charge, but decides to wait on the fuse. Before lighting that he loads his pack with arrows and whatever small weapons he can fit in there. He then takes a bow, lights the fuse, and runs from the building.

GM: Alright, let's take horses from the stable and get out of here.

Liza: Sounds like a plan.

They sneak into the stables, where Liza silently dispatches the two guards with her bow. They untie two horses, mounted, and ride out of the camp at full speed. They ride for several minutes, into the heart of the city, where they become just two more faceless Egyptian citizens. Approximately 15 minutes after the first charge was set, a pillar of fire reaches into the air. Shortly after that, more appear on the horizon. Soon, the entirety of the two barrack complexes are engulfed in flame. Nobody knows what is happening, and nobody notices five people slip into the shadow and head towards Military HQ.

The Fanaticans emerge from the shadowy back-alley right outside the walls of Military HQ, the Decagon. The gate guards, as well as many of the men stationed inside, had rushed off to help at the barracks', or to alert high-echelon commanders of the situation. This makes it easy for the five combatants to get inside. They approach the outer wall of the section of the building belonging to the Army Department. Here they place the last two jars of naptha, and set them with much shorter fuses. They run away from the area, leave the walled complex, and slip once again into the shadowy darkness. They stay only long enough to see the jar shatter as the super-heated jelly burst into flame, setting the highest seat of command in Egypt aflame. They than flee the city, to the relative safety of the Karbala's hut.

18. Civanator

Civanator Deity

The group reaches the Karbala's hut, and set up another plan.

Anthony: No doubt the Egyptians will come looking for us. We should keep moving around, attackin Cleo Loyalists. It would be a shame to disband ourselves after all we have done...

Karbala: You are correct. You are fantastic people. You must continue to stop Egypt, and even fight tyrants all over.

Anthony: So, what shall we do now, that Egypt and Fanatica are at peace?

19. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: Here is picture #2:

It is when Liza leaves the Palace for Egypt.

20. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Liza thinks to herself
    Well, now that the Egypt war is over, what am I going to do now? I heard from some Egyptian merchants about the Peace deal. How we managed to get audiences with Emperor Xerxes, Chairman Mao and King Hammurabi. I also heard that we may end up in a revised governmental system... Caste system... Stupid... When will the people rise up and take command of their own lives? Well, all I know is SaaM most likely is busy learning Persian, Babylonian and Chinese. Last thing I need... More languages for him to annoy me in. He can already do it in Regal Fanatican, the Latin dialect, Italian, Sicilian, the Penguinadiuan dialect, the Gorinan dialect, Noshuretian dialect, Queens Egyptian, Greek, both Spartan and Athenan dialet, Aztecian... Aztecian.. Is that EVEN a word? I am a weirdo... Well, at least I will be able to yell at him in Mephian Egyptian. But what to do with myself now? Join a peace corps? Start a business. Knowing SaaM, hes most likely started something to do with paperwork filing. These stone towers have given me an idea... Perhaps, but mabey.. All I need to know is the land stats of the DiSaaMuel province. Mabey SaaM has the paperwork done... Did I just say Mabey, Paperwork and SaaM in one sentence? Of course he has it done. (OCC- I dont :)) Mabey when the true heir to Helenatica returns, SaaM will be able to continue just doing Paperwork and stop worring about all of Southern Fanatica. Well, all I care about now is getting home. Mabey I can pawn off all these relics I have. Wonder if anyone wants something called a Sphinx...