The Office of Imperial Defense - Term 6

I prefer a force of 2+ catapults and 2 axemen. In this situation, we have a better chance of keeping the units after the battle (since we can bombard the defenses down). Otherwise, we'd be sacrificing hammers through units.

There won't be any defenses, unless they have time to build walls, but the collateral damage is what we after.

Do we still want Chester Chetah hanging out By Pfiffle?

With the border expansion his visibility is limited, and with the expansion of Sunset Fortress we would have a 3 turn buffer before they could attack (although Pfiffle seems to be our best Allies)

The reason I mention this is because Chester Chetah could go back to the Holy City for the :) (thus releasing another unit)

Because by my calculations if we are sending 2 axemen and 2 Cats to The barb city that requires 4 :). We have 2 comming from the Gems, 1 From Chester chetah (if he retreats) and 1 from the :mad: wearing off from :whip:.

Also Although the President is unsure of the Domestic Offices Intentions with our new worker in 4 turns, If that Worker is Building a Road to the SE for Sunrise Stronghold, then he needs the protection of Worker Patrol (As the President has made an assumption that (Unnammed Worker) after the Road will beeling for the Gems to help Improve Sunset Fortress. and will no longer require this Patrol ;)

I, for one, agree with recalling Chester Chetah to the Eternal Eye.

Esp. with it looking like Piffle is going to agree to the "Path to Liberalism" deal - I hardly think we'll need the scout to watch for an invasion.
(And since he can no longer spy directly on their town...there's no reason to sit there imho.

Yes, I agree that Chester Cheetah should return to Eternal Eye.

My Porposed road For Peter (to Wool & Whales) Would be North (of the copper) N NW NE (around the forest)
Knowing KodKod can leave Immortal keep to keep him Guarded (once he leaves the borders)
The reason for this is that troops should be dispatched out of Eternal Eye right away and can respond.

Addtionally It is a good thing Road Guard (who was guarding Lost_Civ) went NE NE last turn.
I propose the Goes NE NW to begin and intercept path for the barb axeman which showed up. Thoughts?

In preparation for taking over control of our units, I've downloaded the save to have a look around.

I must admit, I'm pretty confused. I can't locate the worker called Lost_Civ. Is he the unnamed one SW of South Pond?

Is the warrior on that one the one referred to as Road Guard?

I think the smart thing to do concerning the barbarian Warrior (not Axe!) would be to have Snow Leopard leave Eternal Eye if the barb threatens. Even attacking across a river, we should take him easily. Plus, we'll get another XP, enabling another promotion :thumbup:

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding the situation. :)

Worker Is Lost Civ Correct (I will name next turn)

Road Guard is the one ontop of Lost Civ that moved NE NE last turn. He needs to move to intercept the barbarian axeman to the NW.

As for the approaching Warrior. I think the promotion would best be used on the catapult (the catapult can also easy take the warrior) for maximum collateral damage pending on what the barb city has for units.

Okay, thanks!

I now see the barb axeman. I don't know how I didn't see him in the 75ad save.

Good point about the catapult needing the promotion more.

So Road Guard (sug. Fleet Panther?) could get to the forest NW of the sheep in 2 moves. He'd have a +50% def. bonus if the barb attacks, but if Road Guard has to attack the barb, we're looking at a +25% modifier on the barb. That's not good odds. Could we bring Mist Man down from his policing duties for 5 turns? He can reach the hamlet SW of Epsilon Eridani in 2 turns, and that pretty much save the hamlets and villages from being pillaged.

We will have an unhappy citizen in PoM for 5 turns, delaying that axeman under training.

The worker not yet named Lost Civ: Does he need GateKeeper to come up and protect him?... or is he moving away from the fog this turn? GateKeeper can safely leave - we don't have unhappiness to worry about yet.

EDIT: I've learned how to take screenshots on the Mac, but I don't know how you guys do that thing where the travel over several turns is plotted out in green disks. I only know about click-and-drag moving. Any thoughts?

EDIT2: Gb - I'm not trying to usurp your role here - I'm just trying to make sure we'll have a smooth transition, so that's why I'm so vocal right now :)

EDIT2: Gb - I'm not trying to usurp your role here - I'm just trying to make sure we'll have a smooth transition, so that's why I'm so vocal right now

That's more than fine. In fact, I think I'll leave the decisions up to you now. I'm a lame duck now that's looking forward to a term without an office to worry about.

This is how I would move next turn:

1. Catapult Leave EE to attack the warrior.

Spoiler :

2. Road Guard Move To intercept Axeman
3. Mist Man Leave Port of Mists for Support.

Spoiler :

Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions?

Although I can't even Open my own pictures at work.

From Memory there are 2 topics that need to be discussed.

1. Offence (lets start with the good.)
We have 2 Cataputls out of EE and the City is still at 10 :) and 9 :mad:
1 Catapult can attack the Warroir next turn (over 99.9% odds).

From Here I suggest we move 1 Axeman (the one with the promotion) along with the 2 catapults (one at level 2) on thier Conquest to The barbarian City.
Knowing KodKod can join them and round out the team of 4.
This Gives 2 Cats and 2 Axemen as orginally Suggested by Dave. (Probably more than we need but no sense making sure).

2. Defence

We have 2 Axemen in postion to take on the Barb and have a Couple of Choice.

A. Move Road Guard North onto the cottage, and Mistman SE S onto the other Cottage.

Pros: The axeman will attack on of them, if we lose the Other unit can kill the Wonded Barb Axeman.

Cons: We leave 1 Axeman as a Sitting duck with roughly 50% odds.

B. Attack the Axeman on the Hill
Pros: Extra Exp if we Win
Cons: About 30% odds.

C. Have Road Guard Stay in the forest and Have Mist Man Move SE.

Pros: If the Barb Attack Road guard he has +50% defence in the forest.
Cons: If he doesn't Attack then we can't use the 2 unit Pinch as decribed in A. (Example if he Moves NE then we Can only attack with Mist Man or risk a cottage).

hmmm - thanks for that summary Mr. President.

I'd vote for option A... but I tend to be a conservative player.

(Side Note: Shouldn't our odds be a bit better than 50% thanks to the difficulty level bonus vs barbs? )

(Side Note: Shouldn't our odds be a bit better than 50% thanks to the difficulty level bonus vs barbs? )

Yes it is better than 50%... There is 5% modifiers for Barbs on Prince. ;)

I'll run simulations before I actually play the save :)

I'm at work, so I can't run simulations or check the save. But I don't think we want to risk the barbarian pillaging a cottage. So as long as he doesn't survive past next turn, that's all I worry about.

Even losing an axe is preferable to losing a town or village.

About the 2 axemen and catapults to head to the barb town: As long as we produce a couple more axemen (or xbow or mace!) to make up for the Expeditionary Force, I think that's fine. We can't risk a barb intrusion without a welcoming committee ;)

Top Bottom