The official Champions league thread (Qualifications)

The first half is over and the game OlympiLAGOS vs Anorthosis famagusta[/B] 0-0.

IT IS DONE ANORTHOSIS OF CYPRUS AND FAMAGUSTA IS IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::worship::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

CYPRUS IS THE COUNTRY WITH THE SMALLER POPULATION EVER WHO HAS A TEAM IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. BUT WE MAKE QUANTITY WITH TOTAL QUALITY.

:goodjob: congrats to that :)

and I'm quite happy to say that Basel managed to qualify as well :woohoo:

with a little help from the ref :ack:

:goodjob: congrats to that :)

and I'm quite happy to say that Basel managed to qualify as well :woohoo:

with a little help from the ref :ack:

Good job to you as well. I hope we meet in the groups . I think Anorthosis Can beat Basel actually.

And Everyone hates Olympiakos because they are cheaters. FINALLY TWO GREEK TEAMS IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. (Olympiakos is less of a Greek team than ANORTHOSIS IS).

Liverpool may not pass ....

The ugly Dutch scores For Liverpool at extra time ...

Good job to you as well. I hope we meet in the groups . I think Anorthosis Can beat Basel actually.
I guess that's rather unlikely given the fact that probably both come from the same pot, or do I err there?

edit: just checked, it seems that Basel is in Pot 3, so it's actually possible :)

you want to tell me something?
Yes. I am fed up of hearing from Liverppol fans about their "great history" how they are the greatest team in the world etc. They won the Champions League once but where annoying us forever/ (I am not talking for you , but for other Liverpool supporters i met) They where extremely lucky to pass the group stage that year and extremely lucky to win it. As they are now.

A bit of an off topic but .Anyway APOEL beat red star to pass to the UEFA groups and Omonia beat AEK to pass to the group stage of UEFA. Greek Cypriot teams are unbeatable !

I guess that's rather unlikely given the fact that probably both come from the same pot, or do I err there?

edit: just checked, it seems that Basel is in Pot 3, so it's actually possible :)

What do you and everyone else think about the groups ?

Group A Pld Pts
CFR 0 0
Chelsea 0 0
Bordeaux 0 0
Roma 0 0

Group B Pld Pts
Anorthosis 0 0
Panathinaikos 0 0
Internazionale 0 0
Bremen 0 0

Group C Pld Pts
Sporting 0 0
Basel 0 0
Shakhtar 0 0
Barcelona 0 0

Group D Pld Pts
Liverpool 0 0
PSV 0 0
Atlético 0 0
Marseille 0 0

Group E Pld Pts
AaB 0 0
Man. United 0 0
Villarreal 0 0
Celtic 0 0

Group F Pld Pts
Fiorentina 0 0
Steaua 0 0
Bayern 0 0
Lyon 0 0

Group G Pld Pts
Arsenal 0 0
Porto 0 0
Fenerbahçe 0 0
Dynamo Kyiv 0 0

Group H Pld Pts
BATE 0 0
Juventus 0 0
Zenit 0 0
Real Madrid

What do you and everyone else think about the groups ?

Group C Pld Pts
Sporting 0 0
Basel 0 0
Shakhtar 0 0
Barcelona 0 0

a good, but obviously hard group. I would have liked to get another team instead of Sporting from Pot B, since we just played them last year in UEFA Cup (and with not so good a result :cringe:) A Premier League or Bundesliga team would have been preferable IMHO (they're just easier to hate :mischief:)

but yeah, I like the group :)

Top Bottom