The old world - a cutdown of Giant Earth Map

Genghis_Kai

GEM modder
Hi,

I realise there are a lot of people having trouble with the speed performance when playing the Giant Earth Map, so I decided to cutdown the map remaining Eurasia and Northern Africa (basically the old world) and post it here.

This map contains only 18 civs for the warlords version and 15 civs for the vanilla civ4 version. DO NOT use the Giant Earth Map mod but the unmoded Warlord or Civ4 to play them. This map can be a very good map for multi-player games too.

FOR WARLORDS CIV4
The 18 civs are:
Egyptian
Indian
Chinese
Greece
Roman
Persian
Japanese
German
French
Arabian
Mongolian
Russian
English
Spainish
Mali
Carthaginian
Korean
Turk

The download - http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3757

FOR VANILLA CIV4
The 15 civs are:
Egyptian
Indian
Chinese
Greece
Roman
Persian
Japanese
German
French
Arabian
Mongolian
Russian
English
Spainish
Mali
The download - http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3763

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0068.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0068.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 4,586
Just started a game as China, and the Chinese starting area at least seems very overpowered. Every single square is flood plains, and one square with wheat is producing 9 food, and the lowest food producing square I could find was 4 food!

Just started a game as China, and the Chinese starting area at least seems very overpowered. Every single square is flood plains, and one square with wheat is producing 9 food, and the lowest food producing square I could find was 4 food!

Most civ's starting locations are like that in this map.

Would it be ok for you if I used part of your giant map for a Visa scenario? I'm thinking about cutting the "Ring of Fire" (Pacific and surroundings) and add the Visa resources. As soon as Visa incorporated Genetic Era this will make a incredible map. ^^

I have to report a bug. I wanted to play as a viking and I started deep down in Afrika:confused:

But the map is great anyway...

I have to report a bug. I wanted to play as a viking and I started deep down in Afrika:confused:

But the map is great anyway...

How did you start as Viking?? I did not include it in the 18 civs.

Would it be ok for you if I used part of your giant map for a Visa scenario? I'm thinking about cutting the "Ring of Fire" (Pacific and surroundings) and add the Visa resources. As soon as Visa incorporated Genetic Era this will make a incredible map. ^^

I don't mind at all. But to edit the map, it is not as simple as just cut and paste. kswoll's editor handled 99% of the work but rivers, units and cities are problematic during the cut and paste process. It took me two night to do this one and I know the tool quite well already and hence I can fix those problems without any trouble shooting time. So, it is not that instant :p

Actually it isn't as difficult if you use the right tools ^^.

The attached map frex is your map, just moved 80 tiles to the right, thus following the european standards for earth projections (with America to the left).

I don't know how, I just did it...Now it isn't workin' anymore, so I guess I started a different map or something like that...I'm soory, my mistake.

But the Turks aren't in Turkey, true? They are somewhere in middle asia.

Actually it isn't as difficult if you use the right tools ^^.

The attached map frex is your map, just moved 80 tiles to the right, thus following the european standards for earth projections (with America to the left).

OH, what tools did you use?

I did use planetshifter to move the coords, Civ4Eduitor for most other stuff.

And here is a first very early playable version (124*82), with "only" half the size ofthe original map. Remember it requires ViSa!

It includes the 13 old east-asian and american civilisations. There is enough space left for Vietnamese, Australians, Canadians, Americans, Brazilians, but I didn't add them due to aesthetic reasons.

It also includes those 13 of the 15 ViSA resources that are native to that area plus (for now) Barley as it was spread to east asia prior to 4000 BC. I excluded Coffee (native to Ethiopia, spread to Arabia in the 14th century AD), though if someone can come up with a good reason why to add it (and importantly where), I might do so.

All 14 resources are used sparsely by me, and are far away from final. What I need is input about playability, and suggestions where to place them better.

The oceans are rather empty for now, more will follow here once Genetic Era is added to ViSa.

So if you play this, please give me information whats lacking with that map (especialy about the 57 non vanilla civs).

EDIT: some errors, pls replace the team info with those corrected ones:

Spoiler :

BeginTeam
TeamID=0
Tech=TECH_MYSTICISM
Tech=TECH_HUNTING
ContactWithTeam=0
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=1
Tech=TECH_MYSTICISM
Tech=TECH_Tech=TECH_HUNTING
ContactWithTeam=1
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=2
Tech=TECH_HUNTING
Tech=TECH_MINING
ContactWithTeam=2
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=3
Tech=TECH_AGRICULTURE
Tech=TECH_MINING
ContactWithTeam=3
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=4
Tech=TECH_MYSTICISM
Tech=TECH_AGRICULTURE
ContactWithTeam=4
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=5
Tech=TECH_AGRICULTURE
Tech=TECH_BOATING
ContactWithTeam=5
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=6
Tech=TECH_THE_WHEEL
Tech=TECH_BOATING
ContactWithTeam=6
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=7
Tech=TECH_MYSTICISM
Tech=TECH_MINING
ContactWithTeam=7
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=8
Tech=TECH_MYSTICISM
Tech=TECH_AGRICULTURE
ContactWithTeam=8
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=9
Tech=TECH_THE_WHEEL
Tech=TECH_HUNTING
ContactWithTeam=9
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=10
Tech=TECH_AGRICULTURE
Tech=TECH_BOATING
ContactWithTeam=10
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=11
Tech=TECH_MYSTICISM
Tech=TECH_AGRICULTURE
ContactWithTeam=11
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=12
Tech=TECH_MYSTICISM
Tech=TECH_MINING
ContactWithTeam=12
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
EndTeam
BeginTeam
EndTeam
BeginTeam
EndTeam
BeginTeam
EndTeam
BeginTeam
EndTeam

@ Genghis Kai : can you make a special version for Visa 2.10 thant you can see in Completed Civ4 Mods forum ?

Vise 2.10 with old world should be very nice !

As I could see rom the pic, South Western Africa starts too late in the curb, it starts at the same where Corsica and Sardinia are.

I'll do two ViSa maps based on this: one basically the same map as this though with other civs and ViSa resurces.

The other a closer cut to the mediterranean theater.

Look out for the appropriate threads.

Gengis Khai what are the measures of this map?Will it function on my pc:
amd 3500+
x800xt
2gb of ram

i had troubles running your giant earth map

Top Bottom