The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

I've only seen Arabia in India once, and I was the Khmer, so my UHV was hard. And I wouldn't call Mbanza Kongo South Africa, but Ive still never seen it before. As for the Viking colonies, they'll do that if northern Quebec has been left alone by the British and French. Same for the Dutch in Australia.

This was using the Dawn of Civilization Modmod on Marathon speed, 3000 BC start.

I've posted several screenshots of what I find unusual about this 1775 position.
French exiled to Louisiana
Dutch exiled to South Africa
Portuguese exiled to Ponta Delgada and their New World/African/Asian colonies
Super Greece that controls Rome and controls a powerful Turkish puppet.

Speaking of puppets...
Turkey is the vassal of Super-Greece.
Inca is the vassal of Japan.
Netherlands and Mali are both vassals to Spain.

Interestingly, the Aztecs are independent as of 1775.

I'm not going to go through who all is at war with whom because there's too much going on to even describe. I took a screenshot of the diplomacy screen but there were so many lines it wasn't helpful. I will say that Spain is currently in the process of being conquered by the Russians and Super-Greeks and I expect them to follow the example of France and the Netherlands by being exiled off the European continent.

Real quick on the score sheet, in descending order:
Super Greece
Britain
Spanish (although I think they're about to drop a few spots)
Russian
Japanese
Germans
Turks

Attachments

• Marathan DoC 1.jpg
    Marathan DoC 1.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 349
  • Marathon DoC 2.jpg
    Marathon DoC 2.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 340
  • Marathon DoC 3.jpg
    Marathon DoC 3.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 334
I rarely see Arabia resist being overrun by the Turks, much less amass an empire as impressive as this one!

Attachments

• arabia1.jpg
    arabia1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 445
  • arabia2.jpg
    arabia2.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 316
  • arabia3.jpg
    arabia3.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 272
Dawn of Civilization here too.

The first picture is a hat's off to Leoreth. I rolled that as Russians in the 3000 BC start, straight to WB in first turn, v1.1. That's the first and only time I have seen the Vikings settle the historical three regions. Good job! :goodjob:

Spoiler :

And this comes across me on my very first turn as America. I guess this is the Aztec version of the good neighbor policy.

Spoiler :

I wish I had more pictures to show, I've rolled some very astonishing America starts lately. One even featured a super colonial Spain which would put Conqueror500's Spain to shame.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0132.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0132.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 867
  • Civ4ScreenShot0127.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0127.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 877
Dawn of Civilization here too.

The first picture is a hat's off to Leoreth. I rolled that as Russians in the 3000 BC start, straight to WB in first turn, v1.1. That's the first and only time I have seen the Vikings settle the historical three regions. Good job! :goodjob:

Spoiler :
That's awesome! I've never seen Vikings doing that, even since the Oslo change. So my attempt has not completely failed :)

Once Japan had Laoag and Arabia had Davao, so it was a little weird to see Arabia and Japan have borders.

Here are some of mine.

I'm sure this is unusual. Greek settlers were pushed south by sudden Roman spawn

Sino-American south Africa

Curious shape for the USA. Much more natural than the real one.

Attachments

• siracusa.JPG
    siracusa.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 850
  • sinoSA.JPG
    sinoSA.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 802
  • american.JPG
    american.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 797
Spain and Turkey rule the world.(France and Germany are Spanish vassals.)
(Portugal and Dutch are Turkish vassals.)
(Look at the Score List and mini-map.:eek:)
(World War coming soon (There annoyed with each other and both are growing quickly)

Rhye what year was that South African picture?

This one is quite old but I think I never posted it.
It's always nice to see Napoleon AI fulfill his dreams

Nice Mediterranean-Atlantic coastline from RAND. Seems perfect.

Attachments

• angleterre.JPG
    angleterre.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 817
  • RANDchichuukai.JPG
    RANDchichuukai.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 791
I know it's Mexico City in Latin, but no one speaks Latin anymore. It's just rarer than Mexico-stad and Mexico-grad and all the other common exotic names.

I know it's Mexico City in Latin, but no one speaks Latin anymore. It's just rarer than Mexico-stad and Mexico-grad and all the other common exotic names.

Would be awesome to see a Russian Mexico sometime. I never did.
Is it then renamed Mexico-grad?

I don't speak Russian, so I don't know. Grad means city in Russian???

From Leningrad and Stalingrad, I suppose it means city. Can't imagine any other thing it could stand for.

"City" in current Russian is "gorod". "Grad" is an Old Slavic influence and both words were in use at a certain point of time, though now "grad" is limited to city naming and some artificial "old feel". Both words could also mean "fortress".

That said, a Russian conquest of Mexico would probably not see the name "Mexicograd". The combination of foreign first part with Slavic second is weird and has no precedent at all. Russian language doesn't have the habit of adding its city postfixes to conquered cities.

Top Bottom