1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by ZachScape, Apr 12, 2009.

1. nody

nody Emperor

Wow, the Vikings are now real conquerers and the Inca's found cities beyond the Andes...

OMG! Rhye, what have you done?

BTW, a lot of those 'colonies' are not founded by their current owner on those pictures. The Roman 'Oranjestad' was clearly founded by the Dutch, just like the Ethiopian 'Nouvelle Orleáns' was founded by France.

Clearly the AI now is more willing (than ever) to send galleons with units to the New World to conquer Native and Independent cities.

2. jokoneli

jokoneli Warlord

Sorry, didn't use right words, i mean't "what's so omg about that?" And yes, it's great that people post here about the new scenarios in the new patch and maybe it is an omg moment, I just don't see it as an omg moment.

BTW, Great work from Rhye in his years during civilization modding!

3. jokoneli

jokoneli Warlord

Yes i know, but i'm talking about "nouvelle orleans". Not about alaska.

4. nody

nody Emperor

Yes, but Russia never founds that city, they just conquer it, because it is occupied by Natives half of the time.

5. MessageMan

MessageMan Prince

What do you have to do to be able to see the whole world without World Builder? I noticed some screenshots are like this.

6. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

There are roughly two ways to do that:

1. Discover the whole map and toggle bare map on
    2. Access the world builder and then press Alt + I or Ctrl + I. This way you can turn on / off interface, which can be very useful for detailed information or pictures.

People usually use the second option.

7. Conqueror500

Conqueror500 Chieftain

Go to civ4config file ( its in civ beyond the sword folder) load it up with notepad or another word program find CheatCode = and put chipotle in the blank then load up rfc and press ctrl and z at the same time.

8. nody

nody Emperor

My first 1.187 600 AD England start...

Civ4ScreenShot0120.JPG

9. emeralddude

emeralddude Utopia?

Oh! The realism! :) In my current game the Vikings captured Berlin around 900 AD.

10. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

LOL, in my Spanish 1.187 I got a horse archer saw that France's cities were razed and as I started making settlers they spawned, and I killed them as they left the Capital! Now I have consumed France, Italy, Netherlands, Inca, Maya, Aztec, Ireland, parts of Germany and Russia and it is only 1420! And I'm stable!

11. MessageMan

MessageMan Prince

I just started an Aztec game where the Germans collapsed the next turn. I checked in World Builder and it turns out the Vikings conquered Germany.

The Dutch eventually took Constantinople and that middle city in Greece, which IIRC is Apollonia.

12. MessageMan

MessageMan Prince

I thought Rhye made a civilization respawn if you killed them like that.

13. nody

nody Emperor

You must be stuffed!

14. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

nope, didn't happen
    Now I control non-Brazil SA (Portugal being my vassal and owning Brazil)

I got two cities (in France) taken by Congress and then France respawned and took them from the takers, but I was Solid so they didn't take my two other cities there

I liberated Faustindorf to Germans, but I still have Budapest!

I gave Ireland to English

so between it all I'm Solid and since I got Biology and Railroads I promptly REX'ed South America (with Resettlement and Police State, giving +stability per city found and +stability for every 5 cities

15. MessageMan

MessageMan Prince

So I got the "cities in America want to go to China" bug again today, except this time it was Detroit, New Orleans, and Denver, instead of just Detroit last time. Easily ignored though.

Spoiler :

I wonder if there's a way to access that video that plays if you win at the end of the game which shows the history of the world. I'd be interested in finding out how the heck did Greece get to Lugdunum. Or did a barbarian Phalanx travel all the way from Greece? He'd have to go around Mediolanum though since that's Native.

16. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

The Romans got a Greek city in Southern Italy on spawn, so the Phalanx flipped and became Roman.

17. ComradeNapoleon

ComradeNapoleon Chieftain

Okay, so it's the 1600s, I'm playing Rome and I'm in the modern age with most of europe :D

Yeah I know that I did it but i'm an uber n00b and I'm surprised I did it! :p

18. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

Picture or no one really cares :)

19. corovanrobber

corovanrobber King

Huh you`re too late, roman AI is already colonising new world this time.

Attached Files:

20. Steb

Steb King

Danish India!

Germany just conquered a collapsed India, but the Vikings truly impressed me. Later, Persia founded a random city in the south of the subcontinent. This is undoubtedly the weirdest India I've seen.

Attached Files: