1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by ZachScape, Apr 12, 2009.

1. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

Wow, I've never seen AI (either Greek or Roman) pull off a Byzantine Empire before.

2. Zaanzie

Zaanzie Warlord

OK, it's not the AI, but look!!!
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

3. nody

nody Emperor

Was it Celtic Ath Cliath?

It's coded that every civ except for Celtia and Independents will rename the city to Dublin.

4. Bobbtjoe

Bobbtjoe Emperor

5. Zaanzie

Zaanzie Warlord

Yes, it was Celtic.
    But the mayans have discovered Europe! And they captured a Celtic city!

6. Bobbtjoe

Bobbtjoe Emperor

I've conquered Ireland as the Aztecs before. Needed 5 European units to kill, and Ireland was so lightly defended.

7. Zaanzie

Zaanzie Warlord

WOW! In which year?

8. Bobbtjoe

Bobbtjoe Emperor

9. AOS9001

AOS9001 Slightly over 9000.

You press Prnt Scrn, as it appears on most Dell keyboards, and then open up MS Paint or something, go to edit, and click paste.

Edit: Ack, I forgot that I had gone back a page. Looks like someone already answered.

10. Bobbtjoe

Bobbtjoe Emperor

Yeah, and I also made the same mistake as you, except I didn't quote it.

11. nody

nody Emperor

Are you saying you got Conquerers as Maya in Europe???

Maya Conquistadors???

12. Zaanzie

Zaanzie Warlord

No, i didn't get free troops.
    I sent a galleon with 2 cannons and a musketman to Dublin. The 1st cannon died, the 2nd survived and the musketman easily killed the defending longbowmen.

13. Duke of Britain

Duke of Britain Emperor

about portugal being a vassal in my SS, they were Ottoman Vassals, but i forgot to take the SS, then when i took they were vassal of Spain. so its not because of that...

14. MrBanana

MrBanana Prince

Ok, I've got my screenshots. How do you guys suggest I post them. I've seen several methods, which one is best?

15. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Load them to photobucket and use the insert image button.

16. lafittejean

lafittejean Chieftain

Well, looks like I don't have any screenshots, so I'll just tell the story of what happens when you play a game, FAR beyond the end of time (As in, VERY long turn progression, I believe it was two-thirds or so of a megabyte before I accidently deleted it), survive three revolutions, with most of your homeland intact, have units stranded, courtesy of revolution, and watch the world around you distinergrate.

So it started quietly enough, I was the Khmer empire. So I merrily colonized most of southeast asia and northern Australia, New Guinea, and eastern India. The game for the most part wasn't too odd until the end, around the industrial era I noticed that Mongolia had a massive empire, so did Germany, and the U.S. You can guess what happened next, that's right a SUPER power war. When I say superpower I mean half the new world, against all of Europe and Northern Africa, and against all of Asia, except for me the Southeast Asian Archipelago empire. While as you can guess everyone wanted the other empires to side with them. I of course being held at gunpoint by Indo-German forces to the West, Mongol-Chinese forces to the north, and American Seals to the east. This is a VERY painful situation where your only trustworthy friend is a Dutch empire that exists only in Australia. So of course everyone hates me. Then the Dutch collapse, so in loving memory of them I conquered all of Australia and New Zealand. Of course then my nightmare came true, when the Germans collapsed the very aggrssive Mongol hordes looked south. To give you an idea of their strength, they had all the civics that promoted experience and the pentagon. In other words I was set upon by hordes of modern armor, helicopters, and artillery, all with good promotions. India fell very quickly, 30 unit modern army, veterans of Europe, against emergency drafted mech infantry. Fortunately I preserved all the Jungles in Southeast Asia for this reason. I set up a mobile sam and mech infantry at a chokepoint and they never got in again. Through India. In the North though thankfully the Mongol hordes were centered in Europe, where they killed everything their and started taking Africa, so I only had to fight their massive well trained national guard and the Chinese. Fortunately I nuked the Chinese capital, conquered a town and they collapsed. The mongol hordes then crushed the independant and hit me until they were in the Khmer heartland where I inflicted enough casualties to finally get them to stop. I don't know how I did it but I'll say nationalism is a magical civic. Well, then bang! America collapses and I conquer California, and to top it off all of Africa is either native or independant so I sneaked through a chain of non-mongol vassals and I conquered the Sahara. Of course as you can imagine, such a scattered empire is highly unstable so I collapsed into civil war. By some freak accident I had a chopper and a SAM in Africa still, with those I reconquered most of the scantily protectedSaharan independants. Then, as I reconqueredSoutheast Asia and was moving south into Australia, the mongols struck, and to top it off the whole world, everyone was a Mongol vassal, was against me. As you can imagine Shara fell. Then in some sort of odd ball adventure I by some miracle got my chopper past the hordes of Mongolia, Arabia, Turkey, and a few other states' armies into the safe lands of Khmer. Imagine the kind of story one of those chopper people could tell their grandkids, from Sahara to Bangkok... Anyway the Mongol hordes came to fight my drafted hordes, Bangkok was the world's biggest city with 28 population and a lot of draftees came from it. However at the sight of the Mongol hordes my wonderful windows visa slowed turns to the point they took several minutes and I finally gave up (after the 3rd revolution). Notable thing that occured during this game were, I experienced revolution three times, the first time I reconquered everything, the second I missed only the Chinese cities, and the third the computer got too slow. For those of you who wants to know what happens several hundred turns in the future of a Rhye's and Fall game the world is characterized by a boatload of neutral states and a couple great powers, and four or five vassals. I know that this wasn't a particularly good way of explaining it, but I have to admit it was an amazing game.

17. AOS9001

I made it that far once, as a deal of people know from my story. It was insane. Eventually, the superpowers collapse, new ones rise up, and it goes on. If you're good, you eventually come out top. Of course, global warming really screws stuff up... I've never played to the point where the whole world is desert. That'd be fun if it wasn't for the long turns.

18. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

Spoiler :

Respawned Aztec spreads the original conquerors plague back to Europe. (Yes this isn't the mid 1800s plague)

19. AOS9001

Talk about Montezuma's Revenge...

Also, something mighty odd going on with the Dutch spawn:

Spoiler :

I don't remember the name, my Phalanx was in the way. Also, this was on RFC: Multiplayer, my brother and I decided to do the WRE and ERE, using Greeks for the East. That, and my brother managed to really mess up city placement in Europe by razing and re-settling.

Attached Files:

20. corovanrobber

corovanrobber King

Some games I have started last night

Attached Files: