The Omotesando

Immortal

Deity
You walk towards a large brick building, the red brick looks baked hard into shape. You walk towards the wooden door and gently push it. Immediately to your left is a large brute of a man, he welcomes you into the Omotesando.

You are now in an open area, at the rear is a bar and dancefloor off the main room. The air is heavy with the voices of the patrons. Along most of the walls of the mud building are booths wrapping wooden tables, while wooden tables line the middle of the room, you notice people are sitting at them in wooden chairs. A few tables are in the rear, leaving enough space open for a group of musicians playing Japanese Dancing music while an assortment of beautiful dancers entertain the crowd.

A portion of the building to the far rear of the building has a long marble bartop about waist height, behind it, a jovial young man talks with his female co-worker, then turns to the customer in front of him. He serves him a drink in a goblet.

He turns to you and smiles. You walk towards him noticing the fine polishing on the wood and marble beneath you. He welcomes you and asks what you would like tonight

Kanpai!

Welcome to Japantica's first and oldest bar. Situated on the lovely riverbank of Immo, Zarnia Province, The Omotesando is home to some of Japanatica's finest drinks, and ladies! Seats are availible for all patrons to sit upon and relax. Smoking is permitted.

Founded in BCE 2150, it is THE premiere destination of those seeking adventure, many a traveller have departed from this site seeking their fortune. One can find offers for jobs from many of the patrons of this establishment, even the bartender, "Immo" as he is called (though his Real Name Is Ian Thrace) and his crew of waitresses know who to ask about jobs. Merecenaries for hire, merchants looking for a place to sleep.

Drinks do not cost any real money, as long as you Role Play ordering. You can stay as long as you like, but please do not make posts smaller than 3-4 lines of text, this isnt a spamroom, its a place of business!

The beds on the second floor are free too, but you require access from the barkeep. At the moment we have a selection of fermented wheats, rice, and more. But were always looking for outsiders and passer-bys who may have some of that legendary Roman liquor. Oh well, a business can dream! Ask our bartender who to talk to about adventures, maybe he knows something!

This will be an evolving thread, so check back often for updates as not only the patrons change, but as the building itself does!

Rough Floorplan for the sake of allieviating confusion:

Drinks:
Shochu: Sweet Potato Spirit
Whiskey: Typical 80 Proof
Sake: Rice Wine
Beer: Ranging in Body from Ale to Porter
Lemon Water: Perfect addition to Water on a Hot Japanatica Day.
Fruit Juices: Banana, Orange, from keep in the jungles around Japanatica.
Secret Drinks: offered to friends only, don't ask, don't tell :shh:

Food:
Moningu: A Japanese breakfast set usually with toast.
Miso: Soup
Nori: Dried Seaweed
Soba: Noodles (Includes DIpping Sauce, Tempura, Green onions and in broth)
Udon: Thick Noodles (aburaage, or fried bean curd, Green Onions, Seven Spices, and tempura. Optional Beef Slices).
Ramen: Popular Noodle Dish in the early morning, comes with Roast Pork
Donburi: Bowl on rice. Variety of ingredients, made to your liking with Beef, Chicken, Pork or Fish.
Curry: Variety, including Beef, Chicken, Fish, vegetable, Pork, and dry.
Okonomiyaki: Flour Pancake, fried, cabbage, bean sprouts, bits of tempura, egg and pork, shrimp or squid are piled on top wity nori and a special sauce.

"Ill take some of your finest Japanese Beer."
Black_Hole says, and asks:
"Would you care to play a friendly game of cards, I have a few gems I wanna use".
As Black_Hole sits he trips over the chair and dumps the person's drink to the right of him. The person to the right of him is ...

Strider walks in with a tired look about him, glancing around quickly he choose's a wooden seat alittle ways from the door and sits down.

Hey! Hey! Can I get a drink? I just got done advertising my tournament and I'm pretty tired right now. A good drink would be nice, also anything interesting going on? I was to busy to stop and chat with anyone.

Immo walks over to Black Hole first, stopping along the way to ask his most loyal waitress, Ichi to excuse him, her long black hair tosses and she moves out of the way. Immo can't help but notice Black_Hole stare as she walks away, carrying a drink.
"What can I get for you sir?" Immo asks the tall man leaning in front of the wood.

"Ill take some of your finest Japanese Beer." He says with a smile, noticing Ichi from the corner of his eye.
Immo hands him the beer, and he continues:
"Would you care to play a friendly game of cards, I have a few gems I wanna use".

I'll tell you what, why dont we..." Immo is interrupted by Black_Hole spilling his drink on the person to his right.

Meanwhile: Ichi has brought a drink over to Strider, they start to share a conversation about the tournament.

CivGeneral walks into the bar, dispite being a first timer in the bar he decided to ask the barkeep for a recomendations for there first customers.

"Excuse me barkeep, but do you have any recomendations on drinks for your fist customers?"

Immo finishes wiping off the table after Black_Hole unfortunate incident and strolls over to a very confused looking stranger

"Excuse me barkeep, but do you have any recomendations on drinks for your fist customers?" The stranger says.

"Well, we got everything you can think of, if you're looking for something to wash away the day, I suggest some Shochu, if you want to relax and enjoy the flavour, a dark beer would be nice"

Superpelon quietly walks into the Omo, and sits down at the end of the bar. He recognizes a few of the patrons, but avoids eye contact. Superpelon is not happy today.

He turns to the barkeep and asks in a low, but polite voice:

"Good day to you. I would like a bowl of noodles please, plain and unseasoned. A cup of Sake as well."

Asano sits at the bar listening to the sounds of the crowd. Nothing much of any importance thus far, but there is a character in the corner that may hold promise.

He has come here to find work, driven from his home by a politically motivated Leader. The road has been long and winding, it is time for some brief meditation with this beer.

As Asano slowly becomes one with the beer, Immo brings him another one as directed. "Much better", Asano says silently. "Now I must put away this anger and focus on my task."

Suddenly his beer erupts, splashing the liquid up towards Asano's face. He leaps backwards from the log he was perched on and no sooner had his feet touched the ground, he was moving towards the man who had tried to drench him.

"Fool! Have you no sense?" Asano's voice booms across the room. "Could you not just ask me for a beating? Did you have to waste my beer in doing so?" A knife appears in his hand. Immo and the man are staring at it, not so much from fear, but wondering how the hell this tall man coming at them had done that.

"What kind of establishment are you running here?!?" Immo apologizes, cleans up the mess and quietly moves on to the next customer.

"And you, clumsy one...", the knife disappears as quickly as it had appeared. " What have you to say? Think quickly."

:The Night Before:
SaaMsan walks into a bar. He passes the priest, the rabbi and the nun and sits down.
"Barkeep. I need a months worth of food for my travels. Yes, that right. My travels. I need a large jug of water. It must be good enough for many days. And dried foods. These must be good and able to be kept for many days."
SaaMsan gets his supplies. With a swish of his blue cloak, he walks out of the door. Immo looks at SaaMsan suspiciously. What would he need all that food for? And why was he paid with a picture of a lanky figure in the fetal position saying "No Money... No money, please."?

Sorry Asano, I seem to have hit the bear against the bar table to hard. Won't happen again.

Black_Hole said:
Sorry Asano, I seem to have hit the bear against the bar table to hard. Won't happen again.
*Ankka comes in to the Omotesando and noticed a huge bear lying on the floor near Black_Hole*

"Oh my! Can you bring pets in?"

*turns towards Immo*

"Could I have a Lemon water, please? It's a Hot Japanatica Day."

Black_Hole said:
Seeing no threat in the young man, Asano relaxes. "I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have jumped at you. Replace my spilled beer and all is forgiven. What do they call you, by the way?"

As the man places the beer in front of Asano, he rplies "They call me Black Hole. I'm in here a lot. Say, ..." as he glances over both shoulders, "you wouldn't be interested in bartering for a few gems, now would you?"

Asano looks from the corner of his eye, "Gems? No, I'm only interested in a stable to care for my horse." Then his forehead wrinkles some, "Black Hole? Really? Hmmm. Anyway, do you know the location of a stable?"

Black Hole gives detailed instructions on how to get to the stable. Asano drinks his beer as he listens. Whe Black Hole is done, Asano thanks him and motions for Immo to come closer.

OOC: Please remember this thread is not just for ordering, please do some role-playing as well :D

Immo, curious about the commotion which has just occured turns away, noticing that the bar has filled with some very wreched characters. He laughs to himself while he makes his orders, he grimaces as he burns his hand on the woodfire.

He notices two hungry looking men, SUperpelion and Babbler loudly chowing down on their bowls, "savages, have they no manners?" He thinks to himself.

SItting in front of him, the curious knife wielding stranger Asano beckones him closer. Though skilled in unarmed combat, he trusts his instincts that this odd-ball is not dangerous.

"something troubling you my new friend? Those barbarians to the north? You know... a few nights ago I heard a warrior talking with his band of mercenaries about needing more warriors to find and disperse the barbarian camp. I wager you would get a tidy profit from THAT adventure...." Immo whispers as he leans in to hear what he has to say...

hmm as always the samurai offer their services to rid our great empire of the plague of barbarians.

"Seriously, friend I'm not interested in overturning barb camps. I believe I'd rather tend bar, and I'm not looking to do that either. The information I'm looking for is on any nobles in the area. Are there any land owners of note in this area? Men of title, money?" Asano looks amused as Immo finishes cleaning the same spot over and over again, then stops to find a clean rag.

Immo, finding the rag he wants, leans back in close to Asano, "Well, yeah I do. I could probably put you in touch with someone that could talk to someone who would know for sure". He smiles widely at Asano after inspecting the really clean wooden goblet he held in his hand.

Shaking his head, Asano pulls a very small pouch from his coat. He opens it and pours a small amount of gold dust onto Immo's rag. "Think we could cut out one or two of those people?"

"Think we could cut out one or two of those people?" Asano, with a grim smile says. Immo is immediately taken aback, "cut one or two of those people?" he thinks.

The memories comes flooding back of many years ago, his military service, during the dark times, when little beyond our inherited lands were known. Hearing the news of the attack on the barbarian camp to the north, and all those who had profitted from the plunder. Were they really so hostile? Was it because they looked different? Surely Immo, someone who looked VERY non-japanese would dispute the presence of racism in his beloved country. Immo had heard rumours that some of the barbarians families were kept alive and returned to Fanatikku as slaves, to be bought and sold like wares.

He remembers when it all came crashing down, the day he saw an oligarch leading a small barbarian girl, infront of him, no doubt a slave. Those men...How could they justify their actions to their ancestors?

"Maybe not tonight, but let me ask around over the next day or two, garissons are weak, it could be done with very little risk." Immo noticed one of dancers watching him discuss with his new business compatriot. She smiled and turned away.

"Well then fine," Asano drinks the last of his beer, "that gold should get me your best meals and a bed until then." He then looks in the direction Immo's eyes had gone to and notices the same dancer.

Smiling he adds, "I need to tend to my horse, I'll be back." And with that he leaves.

While wandering around the club BCLG trips and knocks into Asana, spilling his drink on him,

"i apologise" said BCLG "here let me buy you another,"

"no i'm fine" Cyc says back

"no i insist," BCLG replies " Now while wandering around i couldnt help but hear what you were talking about, i was wondering if there was a way in which i could be cut into the deal"

"well...." mutters Cyc

Top Bottom