1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] The One Thing

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by GunsGermsandSteel, Aug 3, 2020.

1. GunsGermsandSteel

GunsGermsandSteel Warlord

What is the one thing that if implemented would greatly improve your civ 6 experience?
    Please post only ONE thing.

Game Pace.
    The game pace needs to be reversed. Early era techs/civics should take a longer to earn, while later era techs/civics should be faster and cheaper. Production costs across the board should be somewhat lower in the later eras as well. You might have a handful of high production cities that can handle the higher production requirements of later era things, but so many cities will not be able to produce much of anything at a reasonable speed in the late game.

This is the main reason I don't finish the majority of my games. The end game is slow and boring and tedious and I've already 'won' just trudging through the actual steps to get there. There are a lot of ways the end game could be improved, but the easiest way is to just simply change the pacing. CIv 6 already has a good early game with lots going on. Why not focus more heavily on that time frame?

2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

This might sound sort of trivial but I am not a fan of the jersey system at all.

I can understand what they were trying to do but to me it doesn't work. I think if they made it optional I'd be okay with it.

To me it's somewhat immersion breaking when I see red on pink Canada or when Sweden decides not to have their traditional yellow on blue color scheme.

I can tell the difference between medium red on white Canada and dark red on white Japan, in the first place, so I don't need one of them changing color schemes.

Kmart_Elvis and ShimmerGloom like this.
  3. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Warlord

I would like to see this:
    Citybar.jpg City Yields.jpg

Laid out in a table with all of my cities at once. But just 1 line per city please. Bonus if the functionality of the buttons is maintained. Extra bonus if you can show districts but for now I just use the City Activity button on the Espionage panel for that

I don't like to think about how the absence of just this basic info in table format has vexed me over the years.

Scrabbler likes this.
  4. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Options for when an ally/friend declare war on one of my suzerainty CS. It's infuriating to be unable to do anything into the alliance/friendship ends. I should be able to pick sides or at least tell my allies/friends to back off or else.

5. tsf4

tsf4 Chieftain

Make the settler "view" have bigger/easier to find icons on where is good to settle, and offer less if there is not 5 good places. Its so hard to find the little city symbols in the sea of greens for every tile.

And, calculate the loyalty change into the suggested places for city placement.

6. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Warlord

I would like to automate a worker to repair. Maybe I need a better monitor/graphics card, but I don't always see or remember what improvement(s) are damaged.

acluewithout and tsf4 like this.
  7. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

THIS... so much ! the subject's been beaten to death, but...it's still the #1 annoying thing for me ! My take is this: If i'm suze, declaring on the CS should automatically cause a declaration on me too...with all diplo maluses that comes with it ! IF it works that way for an ally, why wouldn't it work that way for a Suzerainty ?

shmily_dana and Banazir864 like this.
  8. Hammurabbit

Hammurabbit Warlord

Remove world congress. 9 times out of 10 i don't care about the outcomes. The AI votes completely illogical, but still very predictable.
    It's mixing up two systems - the diplo victory with diplo victory points, and the relations between nations.

It's also weird to have a world congress with civilizations you haven't met yet.

topsecret and tsf4 like this.
  9. wesplaysciv

wesplaysciv Chieftain

You might like the "Better Report Screen" mod

Deadly Dog and tedhebert like this.
  10. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

"More Lenses" mod can help.

11. tsf4

tsf4 Chieftain

I agree 100%. These are annoying, and I know I can turn off diplo victory but I don't want to*. They never seem to apply to me, and if they do its nothing very good.

*Diplo victory pts add up quickly, and always seem to end the game sometimes even before its went through industrial times.

Hammurabbit likes this.
  12. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

More emergencies, specifically to help counter the science and cultural victories.

The religious and military emergencies are generally quite good at keeping someone from snowballing and dominating the game too much (at least initially), but the game needs something to coordinate against a runaway science or tourism lead.

GrumboMumbo likes this.
  13. Red Adept

Red Adept Warlord

Something simple. a "Repair Full District" option. I don't want to have to wait the few turns for the harbor district to be repaired, and then the lighthouse, and then the shipyard, and then the seaport... Just let me set it to repair all and then come back when that's done.

14. GrumboMumbo

GrumboMumbo Warlord

Victory Condition Balance - I would love it if they could do a once over of the Victory Conditions. A consideration of the multiplayer community would be nice, but there are still glaring imbalances in single player. Diplomatic Victory needs some love, and more subtle changes to the other VCs to keep everything more inline with each other.

If I could have a second :p : Tone down the Exploits - late game Chopping and AI Gold trading say hello...

15. Haig

Haig Deity

Alliances fighting other alliances.

Yeah it happens sometimes, but it should be an epic end game battle .

16. Linklite

Linklite Prince

The major thing is the bugs. I don't know what it's like on the PC, but the Switch version is heavily bugged. Every time they do an update, there's a major gamebreaking bug plus half dozen minor ones, and they fix most of them just in time for the next update/bug wave.

In terms of the actual game though, and to be somewhat original allow me to have a "not [insert Civ here]" option. So when I'm setting up the game, currently I can specify which Civs I want, or I can do random, but if I really don't want the Dutch, I have to disable R&F, or just take the risk. Related to that, just much more customisation of what features I want active, etc. At the moment I can only disable great swathes of the game or suck it up.

17. CoconutTank

CoconutTank Unapologetic Warmonger Supporter

I think there are too many sensible things that need to be added/changed to improve my civ 6 experience, a lot of which has already been mentioned. So instead I'll mention insensible things and say that I want hover units and for air units to show up earlier.

To add to this, I've started using pins in order to help me keep track of things on the map that I would normally forget, which hopefully could be helpful for y'all too. Put a City Center pin on a good city spot and pins of appropriate districts around as a reminder and as a way to prioritize cities. Put a pin with a district or wonder picture over a spot, as a reminder to clear out the tile instead of adding an improvement. And in some cases, put up pins with mines or wrenches as a reminder that Builder stuff needs to be done. The pins tend to be pretty vibrant relative to the tiles on the map, so they're harder to miss.

Although... if pins were more strongly integrated, it'd be nice to put a bunch of pins down with associated Builder actions, then tell a Builder to go ahead and do all those things marked by pins.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  18. JesseS

JesseS Warlord

In terms of quite minor UI adjustments, I’d love the ability to hide pins. I plan out cities way before they can ever lock down those districts or wonders. While this is helpful long term, it gets really annoying dealing with pins and units on the same hex.

Also, I would like to see Firaxis fix up trading by banning the kinds of easily exploitable trades. You should only be able to trade gold per turn for luxury resources (because it’s over time) and bulk gold for strategic ones (because it’s all at once). I think diplomatic favor trading should be banned too, but that should happen alongside bigger changes to allow you to control what the World Congress votes on, so that diplomatic favor is still useful.

19. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

I know it is a bit like wishing the wish-machine when the good fairy asks for just one wish...

Spoiler :
    DLL-access for the modders :mischief:

20. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

The pooooooor interaction of City States with Warfare, namely

1. One can send envoy to CS to make peace or even gain suzerainty.
    2. Before making peace you can pillage the hell out of CS without and consequence.
    3. That making peace with CS greatly reduce your war weariness is probably the reason you never suffer from war weariness (only in extreme cases you can feel tiny amount of it)
    upload_2020-8-3_13-57-12.png

Here is a screenshot of Player_WarWeariness.csv from a turn I took. I made peace with one CS on that turn, that CS also made peace with other CS that I'm suzerain of.

Note that before I'm already close to get -1 from war weariness (400 point = -1 amenity). But with all these it just won't happen. If making peace with CS only minus 150-200 war weariness points, things will be a lot more interesting. (that's comparable to 3 attacks in Renaissance)

Correction: I was wrong above. The war weariness seems to compute separately. The next turn I do get war weariness from Player 0:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Myomoto likes this.