the oobs 4th pitboss game (Warlords), 15 players

Server's back up.

EDIT: no it's not, I forgot to forward the ports, and need to ask my flatmate (currently asleep) for the router password before I can do this as the default password isn't working. Will email you all when it's up and I've had someone test it.

Well I can finally get into the router, but certain options aren't coming up in the control panel. I have to wait till monday night before I can call the router manufacturer, so the server is down at least till then.

If anyone knows anything about a Dynalink RTA1320 router, let me know.

Hi!
It has been a while since we have not played any turns. Now, holiday- time is coming and I will go to the seaside and will be out for about two weeks. How I will look for my replacement and hope the game will be fine when I return from holiday.
Good luck!

Oob, Where Are You??????????????????????

Here.

Long explanation: my connection has been down for a couple of days (apparently restarting my flats crappy router resets the settings on it, which I did not know till I rang my ISP today), but it's back up now. Anyway, I have to sort out my server and get some crap sorted on my wireless access point which I can't get into without the password which I need to get off my flatmate... our internet setup is pretty ******ed, but should be ok once I get it sorted out. Best case scenario is that the server will be back up today, but I make no promises.

Short explanation: omg wtf technical difficulties lol

Hi all. I have the server mostly sorted out, will take a look at getting the necessary ports sorted on the router tomorrow. A new patch has been released which we'll be moving to, you can download it here.

Read the first post in this thread if you have any difficulty with the patch. In particular, you may need to install the latest version of DirectX 9.0c before you can run the game, a link for it is in that thread.

ok I believe I have the server sorted out, but just to be sure I'm going to run a test game for the time being. So, if you're available, please give it a try, same address as the usual game except with 2059 as the port. Once I've seen that at least one person has connected, I'll put up the real game.

Well I can't get the port forwarding to work. I've had one person say they weren't able to connect, and the port checking sites I've tried say the same thing. The problem here is that my flat has seperate devices for connecting to the net and supplying the wireless connection. It's a pain in my ass (for this and other reasons) and I've had enough of it, so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a wireless router (a Dynalink RTA1025W, in case anyone cares), unless when I ring tomorrow they tell me that they're blocking the ports, in which case it's on my ISPs end and a completely different matter.

What this means is that the server will be down for even longer. I was going to have to take it down next weekend for my LAN anyway (since I take the server with me), so I may as well keep it down for the whole of next week. Hopefully I can sort it out next sunday, but again, no promises :p

On the plus side, this is more time for everyone to get the latest patch up and running.

I shall be taking over from Portuga permanently once the game is back and running. I am already patched up and 2.13 compatible.

I shall be taking over from Portuga permanently once the game is back and running. I am already patched up and 2.13 compatible.

ok, send me an email to remind me of this when the game is running.

BTW, the router I got was not what I expected... it still needs a seperate device to connect to the net. If I can get the port forwarding to work on it I'll keep it anyway, but if I can't I'll have to get it replaced.

Top Bottom