the oobs 4th pitboss game (Warlords), 15 players

the oob

Retired PTBS host
There are no spaces left for this game

Details:

* Warlords
* 15 players.
* No accelerated start
* Map: Continents, Huge. Make sure your computer can handle a map of this size, especially in the late game.
* Turns: simultaneous, 24 hour timer
* No barbarians (prevents early game imbalance)
* Technology trading enabled
* Default difficulty (noble I think) for everyone
* Balanced resources
* No war until 3500BC, to prevent very early rushes, however you may make preparations for war before this date, as long as it doesn't require declaring war. This includes killing scouts & warriors (which requires a declaration of war anyway).

All other options are default. I was tempted to go for a classical start to speed things up, but it means luck of the draw with the early religions which isn't fair, so we'll be using ancient start as usual.

The game will start a day or two after all the positions are filled, so as to give everyone a chance to try the test server (see below).

The rules for the game (and some other things such as what to do when the server's down) can be found here, please take the time to read them as I will assume everyone playing has.

We'll be using civstats for email notification, I'll set this up and send out an email about it once the game has started.

What you need to do if you want in:

1) Post here with your choice of leader and email address (you must post the leader on this thread, but you can PM/email your email address to me if you prefer). My email address is theoob[at]gmail.com

Unlike my previous games you won't need an MSN address or hamachi since there's no accelerated start, but if you do have an MSN address feel free to give it to me anyway, it comes in handy.

Warlords allows duplicate leaders, so you don't need to worry about someone taking your choice, however if you have a few leaders you'd be equally happy with, preferably take a unique one for the sake of variety, same goes for civilizations. For those that give a few options they'll be happy with, I'll select the most unique option once we have 15 players.

2) I am currently running a test server for people to try out before we start the game. When you’ve completed step 1 I’ll PM you with instructions on how to connect to this server (ip address, password, etc.), try it out. Please give the test server a try before the game starts, so you can contact me if you have difficulties getting in and we can get it sorted out. Bear in mind that it’s just a test server, I will be restarting the server for when the game starts, as explained below.

Current players

Me: Wang Kon/Korea
WarningU2: Victoria/England
basmans_grob: Genghis Khan/Mongols
fuse: Tokugawa/Japan
crazyjoe0813: Huayna Capac/Inca
CB Droege: Peter/Russia
da_Vinci: Shaka/Zulu
whiplash_CDC: Cyrus/Persia
IanDC: Mansa Musa/Mali
richm: Hannibal/Carthage
Oyzar: Saladin/Arabs
classical_hero: Elizabeth/England
Magzi: Bismarck/Germany
Dandridge: China/Qin Shi Huang (randomed)
Portuga: Cyrus/Persia

I too would like to join.

Hannibal of Carthage

spikes151 at gmail

I think you might still have my MSN from a previous game.

I too would like to join.

Hannibal of Carthage

spikes151 at gmail

ok, check your mail.

I think you might still have my MSN from a previous game.

Nope, I have you in the spreadsheet as 'no/unknown MSN address'. Send it to me if you like but it's not necessary.

I'd like in as Saladin, my email is now xerol theatsymbolgoeshere xerol.org, and I should still be on your MSN list too.

I'd like in as Saladin, my email is now xerol theatsymbolgoeshere xerol.org, and I should still be on your MSN list too.

Added, gave you the details on MSN as you already know.

I will be Lizzy. You already have my details.

Added, check your email for further instructions.

I would like to join ... As England - Victoria

Yep you're already on the list. I've just now sent out the instructions email to all the people who joined before I put up the thread.

WarningU2 said:
Is it one civ per continent ? Just curious.

I don't think so... is this a game setting that can be picked?

Hi, I am interested.
Germany - Bismark

mags.topham AT gmail.com

Check your email for instructions.

I would like to play.................

Random Civ/Leader

tim2378 AT telus.net

Check your email for instructions.

I'd like to play, if there's still room for one more :)

PM me your email address so I can send you instructions.

Top Bottom