The opera, the opera, we all love the opera...(Ritual sacrifice question)

Civinator

Blue Lion
Supporter
I never liked the ritual sacrifice option, so I have no experience with it. But now I need something cool for my music tech chooser:

The idea: With the enslavement function I create a "civ4-like great person", an opera star. There is a new "unbloody" text like "Will we hire this person for the cultural benefit of our nation ? (or something like that). The cultural gain by sacrifice can be doubled with the improvement opera (or something like that).

The units: A lot of the king units I never did use, make a good figure as actors. And for the modern era only one word: Elvis ! For the hire action: no death animation but an animation like the great persons in civ 4 (fidget).

I could also need a short good music (la lal la :) ) to replace that "gulp" sound.

The questions:

Must the person to "sacrifice" (now to hire for the benefit of the nation) have the worker ability or what other special abilitiy is needed (zero defense) ?

Does the AI use the sacrifice function ?

Good idea !

Must the person to "sacrifice" (now to hire for the benefit of the nation) have the worker ability or what other special abilitiy is needed (zero defense) ?

I don't think so. You can check it in the editor help file.

Does the AI use the sacrifice function ?

Yes.

Watch out for the sacrifice function. The AI usually goes sacrifice crazy most of the times. :p

Thats the only way to explain why a city with no wonder whatsoever can have higher culture on the Top 5 cities list as compared to my culture center that has 7 wonders. ;)

No particular abilities are required by the unit being sacrificed. The only stipulation is that it must be a unit acquired through enslavement. You can't sacrifice something you've built yourself.

Thank you all for your helpful answers.:) :)

You can sacrifice any unit with the flag checked, that is not your own nationality, thats how it works.

Yoda Power said:
You can sacrifice any unit with the flag checked, that is not your own nationality, thats how it works.
Are you sure about that part ? Are you reffering to the normal game or it can be changed in the editor.
(i wanna sacrifice my own ppl:evil:)

It actually makes perfect sense that you can only sacrifice captured/enslaved workers. If you look at how the AI always sacrifices everything they get in their hands they would never have any workers.

You don't need a pop cost in order to have a nationality. You might need it to sacrifice, I haven't checked that.

Now, what kind of unit will have the ability to enlasve to an Opera Star? A Talent Scout?

Goldflash said:
Now, what kind of unit will have the ability to enlasve to an Opera Star?

Please not the Pimp ! :lol:

A good industrial unit for doing the contract with the star could be the American king unit Abe as "dark lawyer". :D

For modern times may be Jaimo as "militant fan". :cool:

How many cultural points do you recieve, if you sacrifice a unit (without an improvement that doubles these points) ?

In my short test I sacrificed a warrior (1A, 1D) and gained 10 points. Than I "sacrificed" an opera star. I made him 0A, 2D and gained only two points.
Than I made him 0A, 3D, but I also only received two cultural points.

Has anybody an idea how the system works that gives you these cultural points?

Top Bottom