The Oppenheimer Plan

killercane

Deity
Our major question is how to beat Epsilon assuming war goes well. I proposed a nuclear strike in the other thread. What are the downsides of this plan?

The idea would be:

Get Epsilons map first and foremost.

Kill Innovia so that only we and Epsilon are left.

Research to Fission (req. Sci Method, Physics (5700), Electricity (6400), Fission (7865). These are mostly Great Scientist highlightable. Epsilon will probably refrain from doing Sci Method for a while since it obsoletes their Great Library. Starve cities for scientists, and run Caste System and Pacifism.

Begin building Manhatten. Stop building it when we have 1 turn left if we dont have Rocketry yet (so as to hide our intentions).

Switch gears to Rocketry. Perhaps we can trade for artillery from Epsilon. Stop research and build nuclear wessels.

We have room for 6 cities in the south that can immediately chop ICBMs upon completion of Rocketry. There is quite a lot of forest down there. We cash rush the rest.

After testing on a future map, Nukes decimate things pretty well that cavalry can clean up. A mech infantry went down to 7 after a nuke hit. 2 nukes destroyed all troops. This requires further testing however, including how large the blast radius is.

Final step: nuke as many cities as possible and raze them with cavalry. Use pirate attacks as much as we can (2 nukes for Ep's capital; and it probably will be coastal).

The downside that I can see is we will be production and science poor should Epsilon survive. And they would have Loco/Innovia cities to retreat to. We could build SDI somewhere after Manhatten is built. The timeline of this plan might not work if wars with Aloha and Innovia do not go well.

Wow.

I think that this is a good goal we keep in mind as we work our plans.

I would suggest that it may be best to NOT wait until the third opponent (Innovia?) is eliminated. It may be good to see if we can time our strike while Epsilon is still engaged against someone else. That may be a pipe dream, but if I recall correctly, we didn't commit to being the only two left before the peace is broken.

Well in my testing the other day, the blast radius is 9 tiles so a 2 move unit can take a city with level 1 culture. One mech infantry survived 2 nuke hits, it was down to something like .7/32. You have to formally declare war before you can launch a nuke.

Yep, love the plan. Ideally, we'd like to goad Epsilon into a war with Innovia, and hit them during that time. Something to think about is keeping it all secret.. ie combatting spies, etc.

Here are some screenshots of Epsilon. Their uranium is located by a coastal city but it is not easily reachable unless we go through Sunrise Citadel. Also the several coastal cities closest to us must be burned, Sunset Fortress and Argyle's Watch.

Do bomb shelters affect the damage to units or just buildings? How does global warming affect seas and resources there? If we initiate enough global warming their capital should be useless desert.

We will need to upgrade galleons to transports (enabled by uranium, dont need oil) and make as many nukes as possible between Manhatten finishing (enabling bomb shelters) and their ability to react. We can also draft infantry to aid in the first strike, and send them up the (at that time) railroaded coast.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 220
  • Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 265
Top Bottom