The Organized RPG II-Now with extra stuff!

BCLG100

Music Master
Creating a Character

To create a character you need
Name (we much prefer if you give your character a name similar (or exactly the same) to your forum name)
*Biography/Physical Appearance

*Optional

Stats

To enhance your character you can give it various stats, the stats all initially have 4 points in, you have 10 additional points you can spend on each one, and you can only gain additional points through bonuses.

Strength (STR)
Your overall physical prowess

Agility (AGI):
Your speed, dexterity, and reflexes.

Intelligence (INT):
Basically your mental processing power. How fast you think.

Wisdom (WIS):
The amount of information you know.

Endurance (END):
Ability to withstand pain and hardship.

Bravery (BRV):
The ability to reactive under fear or nervousness.

Control (CTL):
Your mental control, the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, etc.

Sense (SNS):
Eyesight, hearing, sense of smell, etc.

Merit/Flaws

The Merit/Flaw system is entirely optional, you do NOT have to use it and is just a way to further enhance your character. You can completely ignore this section.

Spoiler :

The Merit/Flaw system works thus: for every merit you assign yourself you gain one flaw, each merit/flaw adds and detracts a point from your stats. The management will award extra bonuses for people who chose a merit/flaw and maintain these within a story.

Merits:
Photographic Memory (+ 1 INT)
Code of Honour (+1 BRV)
Common Sense (+1 WIS)
Concentration (+1 CTL)
Calm Heart (+1 CTL)
Self-Confident (+1 CTL)
Ambidextrous (+1 AGI)
Daredevil (+1 BRV)
Perfect Balance (+1 AGI)
Jack-Of-All-Trades (+1 INT)
True Love (+1 BRV)
Danger Sense (+1 SNS)
True Faith (+1 CTL)
Huge Size (+1 END)
Driving Goal (+1 BRV)
Double-jointed (+1 AGI)

Flaws:
Compulsion (-1 CTL)
Nightmares (-1 BRV)
Overconfident (-1 CTL)
Phobia (-1 CTL)
Low-self Image (-1 CTL)
Deranged (-1 WIS)
Hatred (-1 CTL)
Amnesia (-1 WIS)
Confused (-1 INT)
Weak-Willed (-1 BRV)
Absent-Minded (-1 WIS)
Hard of Hearing (-1 SNS)
Bad Sight (-1 SNS)
Uneducated (-1 INT)
Insane Past Life (-1 CTL)
Twisted Upbringing (-1 CTL)
Mute (-1 SNS)
Short (-1 STR)
Self Cantered (-1 WIS)
Gullible (-1 WIS)
Simpleton (-1 INT)
Short Fuse (-1 CTL)
Curiosity (-1 SNS)
Colour Blindness (-1 SNS)
Inept (-1 INT)
Frailty (-1 END)

Skills

Optional as well

Spoiler :

Skills are another section to enhance the believability of your character, your character receives 2, and once again the management will award bonuses for people that maintain their skills in a role-playing situation.

Cooking
Hunting
Tracking
Swordplay
Horse Riding
Archery
Stealth
Carpentry
Smithing
Healing
Communication.

END OF FIRST POST! This is only the essential required to create a character so is the only stuff needed to be included in one post.

New post!

RPG Economy

Upon joining the RPG each person receives 100 gold, thereon each player receives 50 gold per turn chat, in theory about 100 gold per week extra, extra revenue can be gained by businesses, revenue from land etc.

BANKING
All accounts are kept at the Bank. Salaries are added to all accounts after each turn chat. All transactions must be posted at the bank with a link to the transaction post or a copy of the PM/email where the transaction occurred. Only one party of the transaction should make the transaction post, to avoid confusion. If the transaction is made at a business, the business owner will post the transaction. All amounts are rounded to the nearest whole number. Private transactions should be posted immediately. Businesses may hold their transactions until the day of the next turn chat and post them all at once.

Loans
Simple loans are available from the bank at 5% or 10% interest, after the researching of Banking inside of the game. 5% loans are for the purchase of assets (items, stores, etc.). 10% loans are signature loans and can be taken for any reason. Loans are repaid over a maximum of 3 terms. Maximum loan amount is 1/2 of your expected income over the loan period. All calculations will be based on an expected 8 turn chats per term. Loan payments are deducted automatically from salaries. A citizen may have only 1 outstanding loan at a time. Loans may be paid off early but no refund of interest is given. Contract salaries are figured assuming 10 turns per chat.

Stores/Shops:
OFFICIAL BUSINESSES
these are business threads run by a Manager (or an Assistant) that sell goods at the official market price (as set or authorized by a Manager). They record all transactions to the bank at each turn chat. They do not record profits.

PRIVATE BUSINESSES
The first private business that a player creates is free, following that every business thereafter costs differing amount of money to set up as shown below.

Place of Business start-up expenses
2000g: Large goods (houses etc)
1000g: Small Goods (food, clothes)
500g: Services (no goods exchanged)
0g: Non-profit organizations (no goods or services exchanged)

If a player wants to create a second business, that business start up costs must then be multiplied by the number of business you have previously.

Size factor:
Personal business: x1
Private company: x2
Public company: x3
Corporation: x4

Supply
It is assumed that each business has enough material to supply their customers.

Technology Restrictions
The technology of items sold can be no more advanced than one tech above our current knowledge in the actual Civ4 game.
Example: If we have Bronze Working then Iron Working is one advance away. Items dependent on Iron Working (sword, metal armour, etc) could be legally sold.

Taxation
Large goods businesses are taxed 20% of total income
Small goods businesses are taxed 10% of total income
Service businesses are taxed 5% of total income
Non-profit organisations are not taxed

Selling the shop
Businesses can be sold or liquidated. When liquidated, 50% of the Place of Business costs are returned to the seller. If sold to another private owner the price is negotiated. The buyer will then need to pay normal legal start-up fees but will not have any Place of Business expenses.

NEW POST!

Land Management
Tile Costs
Base tiles cost 50 gold
Commerce icon adds 50 gold per icon
Hammer and Food icon adds 30 gold per icon
If the tile is currently being "worked", and extra 100 gold is added

Tile Benefits
5 gpt per plot plus...
5 gpt per Commerce icon and
3 gpt per Hammer and/or Food icon

Additional Rules
A person can only own a maximum of 20% of the total land of the empire.
Buildings cost x2 for building on a hill or mountain due to the difficulties of heights.
Private property can be sold to any other citizens for any amount both citizens agree to. Both parties must PM the Land Manager by Friday for the transfer to become finalized, otherwise it might not be recognized until the following week.

Foreign Control
Any tile that falls under foreign control will automatically revert back to no ownership. All buildings on the tile will be considered destroyed. If the tile is re-gained, then it is placed on sale again. Tiles that no longer lie in our borders, but do not fall under foreign control will no longer produce the virtue point benefits. However, the owner will keep possession of the tile. Buildings will remain on the tile but may require a refurbishing cost depending upon type of building and length of the loss.

Tile Purchasing
New tiles will become available at the land managers discretion, who will post a thread with a list of the tiles available for purchase. Each person lists five tiles they want in order of preference. Players who do not currently own any land get priority over those who do. A player must have enough gold on hand to buy the tile. If more than one citizen wants the same piece of land, a random drawing will decide who gets it.

Absence
If any citizen has not posted at CFC for over four weeks and has not posted in any absence thread, the Land Manager may buy back any land at current purchase price. This land may be re-sold to other citizens

--------------------------------

Well thats the proposed rule set, does anyone have any ideas? things they want to include, things they want to get rid of???

Add fishing as a skill...lots of rivers and lakes and some could have been purchased.

Sounds good on income. And the other rules.

K im going to create the player register just so we can get people joining all ready.

is there any interest in possibly starting off with more gold, like say 500 or 1000 or something along those lines? means people can start buying stuff straight away.

also shall buissness which were created in the last game be carried forward into this one?

give a land allowance of xxx to purchase land only(1 tile only)...is one idea that way everyone can get a basic level of land when they start instead of waiting on gold.

They can add their salary gold to it to increase what they can buy.

When a person joins you give them a set amount of gold to purchase land. For example..everyone gets 150 gold to purchase land, they can not use it for anything else. They can hold it and then add their salary gold to it to buy a more expensive tile. That way you dont have to give a bonus of a large sum of gold. Sorta give new playersa quicker way to earn gold and creates interest by not having to wait 2 or more weeks to buy a good hunk of land.

Well how about 200 gold then? as the 'good' tiles tend to cost about 300 so 200 and wait a week means that they could then afford the next tile, however i dont just want everyone to immediatly be buying land upon entering the game. maybe we should ration the land being sold until more people arrive? like say just around the one city depending on how many people we have.

That would work or only allow the tiles right next to the city to be for sale in all of the cities, then open up the remainder of the"fat cross" and then the extended borders.

You can either set these as set point of once x % is bought or as x number of people join.

The reasonig behind this idea is that primitive people staye dclose to the settlements and as more technology become available they moved outward...just a thought.

Sounds good..base the amount of land on how many people.

Also the land will be improved by the time we get to it so no one can buy it and then manipulate the demogame to improve thier land for larger profits.
(Assuming we start up at BW.)

This may be a stupid question ... but I don't see any threads addressing it ...

What is the significance of the characters stats? In other words, why do I care what my strength and agility is? The RPG seems to be an economic game centered around acquiring property and establishing businesses. Am I missing something?

Thats a very fair point, how will we address that? initially its just for people to use them as they please, giving them greater ability for role play etc through this people could gain more stats and then continue the role playing aspect. initially they were included because following the first game we had 'tournaments' where people gained prize money etc if they won and the stats were included in working out the results of that. if were going to do it that way we should change the stats system, possibly to something like this

armed combat
unarmed combat
horsemanship
etc

what does everyone think of that or is there some way we could encorporate the current way to the new rpg?

I guess it depends on what you want to do...a traditional game like "he who took his ball and went home" had in mind with "quests" and "challenges" or an economic and tournament type game like you mentioned.

Both have their own appeal....if we had more than us two signed up we could vote. Or we can decide now and see if it draws people. If more people dont show up..seems pointless...

cough cough George, Swiss, Future...

well announcement on the main page has resulted in more people viewing the forum and some such as conroe posting :)

i will be creating my character Sunday, hopefully. I want to create a new persona. I vote to have quests and challanges. You can still be the money hoarde and not compete in the quests and such, or you could not worry about buying things except things that will help you in quests. If you do the second option, it would pigeon hole more people into being the money hoarde. Personally, I'd like to do a little of both.

GeorgeOP said:
i will be creating my character Sunday, hopefully. I want to create a new persona. I vote to have quests and challanges. You can still be the money hoarde and not compete in the quests and such, or you could not worry about buying things except things that will help you in quests. If you do the second option, it would pigeon hole more people into being the money hoarde. Personally, I'd like to do a little of both.

well we can have 2 seperate but together entities? you could take part in both parts of the game, or one or the other parts, theres no reason to say why one wouldnt work.

robboo said:
I guess it depends on what you want to do...a traditional game like "he who took his ball and went home" had in mind with "quests" and "challenges" or an economic and tournament type game like you mentioned.
The rule set, thus far anyway, appears to be designed to implement a monopoly style game. You buy tiles (aka property) and start up a business (aka a hotel). Don't get me wrong, I like monopoly and that is why I am interested in your RPG.

But, the rule set is incomplete. What is the incentive for a character to go into a business and spend some money? My assumption was that the character stats were somehow involved. But then, truly what is the purpose of the stats? If you are going to have "quests" or "tournaments", wouldn't it just be best to put all 10 stat points into, say strength and then wait for a "strength challenge" to come along? The rule set needs to define how these stats are to be used or remove them from the rules.

robboo said:
Also the land will be improved by the time we get to it so no one can buy it and then manipulate the demogame to improve thier land for larger profits.
Unfortunately, the land pricing system is designed for this type of manipulation. It is really great that you have created a method that values a flood plain more than a desert tile. But, the value of a tile changes over the course of the game without any intervention by the owner of that tile. It is further complicated by the fact that a tile improvement costs 100 gold if it is already built, but is free if built after purchase. Thus, the optimal strategy becomes to buy unimproved tiles and then get elected governor.

GeorgeOP said:
You can still be the money hoarde and not compete in the quests and such, or you could not worry about buying things except things that will help you in quests. If you do the second option, it would pigeon hole more people into being the money hoarde. Personally, I'd like to do a little of both.
The problem with being a money hoarde and never spending it is that it can quickly become boring. I mean, really, what's the point? Think about what you would do if you won the lottery ... would you put it ALL into the bank and go on living life exactly the same? The accumulation of wealth for the sake of wealth is uninteresting. The RPG needs to have a compelling reason to accumulate and spend wealth. Or, is the goal of this RPG, like the game of monopoly, to have more money than any other player?

Conroe said:
The rule set, thus far anyway, appears to be designed to implement a monopoly style game. You buy tiles (aka property) and start up a business (aka a hotel). Don't get me wrong, I like monopoly and that is why I am interested in your RPG.

Well i like the monopoly style game as well, however i do like a bit of roleplaying involved otherwise all that happens is a game which is just an accumalation of wealth..

Conroe said:
But, the rule set is incomplete. What is the incentive for a character to go into a business and spend some money? My assumption was that the character stats were somehow involved. But then, truly what is the purpose of the stats? If you are going to have "quests" or "tournaments", wouldn't it just be best to put all 10 stat points into, say strength and then wait for a "strength challenge" to come along? The rule set needs to define how these stats are to be used or remove them from the rules.

well in a way that can be seen but just because someone has the strength of an ox would mean that he could therefore have the ability to use his strength as a doormat. heres how i see the stats working though this may be different to what everyone else thinks,

BCLG100 said:
armed combat
unarmed combat
horsemanship
etc

these i think would give more use to the stats as would then allow such things as chariot racing, fighting etc, with winners etc recieving bonuses maybe stats or money. or recieving money as a prize and then over the course of a few tournaments they gain a stat point or something?

Conroe said:
Unfortunately, the land pricing system is designed for this type of manipulation. It is really great that you have created a method that values a flood plain more than a desert tile. But, the value of a tile changes over the course of the game without any intervention by the owner of that tile. It is further complicated by the fact that a tile improvement costs 100 gold if it is already built, but is free if built after purchase. Thus, the optimal strategy becomes to buy unimproved tiles and then get elected governor.

Then how about when land is developed within the game, you have to pay half the price as it would cost for each upgrade before you recieve the bonus.

i.e. a tile with 4 commerce on would cost 50 gold right now i think?
but a tile with no commerce on would initially cost 50, therefore the tile upgrade would cost an extra 100 gold, leaving total cost as 250. this brings a sense of realism as people are looking to buy land that would be updated in the future but would also give importance to people finding. another idea could be that you multiply a base amount of gold by the time itd take a worker to complete the job but this would require quite a lot of work by the land manager.

Conroe said:
The problem with being a money hoarde and never spending it is that it can quickly become boring. I mean, really, what's the point? Think about what you would do if you won the lottery ... would you put it ALL into the bank and go on living life exactly the same? The accumulation of wealth for the sake of wealth is uninteresting. The RPG needs to have a compelling reason to accumulate and spend wealth. Or, is the goal of this RPG, like the game of monopoly, to have more money than any other player?

how about then a reason to spend the large amounts of money? maybe a conflict system between tiles as swiss was talking about awhile back? buying units etc.

Top Bottom