The outcome of the battle

Leodavinci

Great Merchant
There are times when I go for a battle and do not care much of winning odds (because it is definite loss), but I do care on what is the amount of health loss for my opponent, so that my next unit can kill him.
Is there a way to find out what is the expected outcome for a battle (I mean opponent health loss %)? without just doing the battle and reloading, for planning purposes?:rolleyes:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/proc/civ4/combat_calc.htm

Use this to calculate average health left for a battle. If you do it enough you'll start to know it offhand.

Otherwise, think of it this way. If they are even, I think the surviving unit will either be anywhere from half-health to critically injured. (60%-20% health left)

The bigger advantage, or disadvantage you have, adjust it from there.

I don't think that will be much of use. The calculator does 10,000 battles, which gives you a nice average, but I literally just had three battles of 25% odds not even scratch a defender. So if a few go wrong for you, it's over anyway.

I don't think that will be much of use. The calculator does 10,000 battles, which gives you a nice average, but I literally just had three battles of 25% odds not even scratch a defender. So if a few go wrong for you, it's over anyway.

Did the defender have drill promotions? With drill it is more likely all or nothing.

If first strikes don't play a part, the average would be more indicative.

Top Bottom