The Overlord's Todo List

Lib.Spi't

Overlord of the Wasteland
Alpha5 Release

To Do:​
Unit Art: (whatever clanky can bring together we can talk some specifics about this)

Misc. Additions:
Anything that reveals it self to be really necessary as Alpha5 is built to include everything from A4.

UI Work:
With Archids Ultimate UI in place, we need to make the whole thing as gosh darn pretty as we can!

1. BG Art:
Platy gives us the ability to add unique art for screen backgrounds, he has an option for era and civ. Right now I am thinking of just having 1 bg, that would be our Fallout BG for all screens. This is mostly for the advisor screens I think. (Which is all those screens accessed by buttons along the top of the hud. Tech Tree, Civics, etc.)
Also fixing and updating screens for the HUD, I have added in the some. This all Still needs to be adjusted to get the various buttons and boxes in good places to make the whole thing look 'swish'

2. Boxes and Text:
[This is mostly done, there are still some 'red bits' that need removing/changing. On the whole though this is now part of the 'make it pretty' work, rather than 'I can't read it' work.]

3. Modify xml to get the most out of Platy Pedia:
Platy pedia adds a lot of visual information for things like building and unit chains, fix the xml so that these look neat and helpful.

4. General Pretty: :salute:
Making everything look as purty as we can!
Go back to fury road, and add in all the art work to change Culture to Security, along with Text.

5. Test, Test, Test:
Make sure there are no nasty surprises lurking.

XML Work:

Story Events:
Sort out the stats for all the Steve Event Objects

Content Work:
With all of Archid's new additions and methods of handling old functionality, there is lots of work to do in building content into a lot of these features, and re-entering old concepts using the new functions.

Including:
Dynamic Traits:

The whole thing needs to be built including a bunch of trait, effects, and gain/losses. (made First pass using existing traits)

Units:
Add alternate Upgrade for militia (partisan not available to V Factions)(may not change this... if they can capture a village they should then have the upgrade available when stationed in that town.)
Reapply missing Civic Requirements
Invetigate AIweights for units, the AI seems to favour some strange weaker choices. (At least at a glance.)
Fix Sentry bot button
Change Advanced Units, needs right prereq buildings. (Vertibirds, Vehicles, Power Armour)

Probably a whole bunch more I can't remember!

Promotions:

Improvements:
Same again, New tags and functions.
Some effects from Civics (not sure where these are handled yet.)

Civics:
Same again, reapplying some python effects to new tags.

Buildings:
Same again, lots of new tags.
Tech Benefits
Investigate Leaderhead AI against building flavours and AI weights, some factions seem to go straight for gold process, rather than constructing buildings first...

Texts:
Corporations:
Misc:

I have attached the latest WIP version of the Upcoming patch, just dump the contents (inside the xml Update folder) into the mod folder and over write as requested.

There is a lot of content that it updates, inlcuding new map scripts. There is one important addition that will help you with the task. Labels in the CIV4BonusInfos.xml.

So the task:
Adding Bonus Resource benefits to buildings.

Currently every building (more or less) has 1 resource that boosts it's productivity.

However many buildings would logically benefit from more than 1 (which we can now add)

So it is going through and adding in the extra bonuses into the yield and commerce tags.

You can more or less decide what you think fits where in terms of resources, like scrap metal and junk for the forge, not just junk, also gold and silver would make sense too.

Don't worry too much about what should give how much, etc. We can always tweak that later. I don't think anything gives more than 3 of a single yield/commerce.

So now How To:
Two files:
Assets/Xml/Terrain/CIV4BonusInfos.xml (For Resource Reference Names, they are now labelled with their FTTW Names next to their CODE names.

Assets/Xml/Buildings/CIV4BuildingInfos.xml (The file all the changes go in)

This is the bit of the each building entry you will be changing:

Spoiler :
Code:
<BonusCommerceChanges>
				[COLOR="Blue"]<BonusCommerceChange>
					<BonusType>BONUS_SILK</BonusType>
					<CommerceChanges>
						<iCommerce>5</iCommerce>
						<iCommerce>2</iCommerce>
						<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
					</CommerceChanges>
				</BonusCommerceChange>[/COLOR]
				[COLOR="Lime"]<BonusCommerceChange>
					<BonusType>BONUS_DYE</BonusType>
					<CommerceChanges>
						<iCommerce>5</iCommerce>
						<iCommerce>2</iCommerce>
						<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
					</CommerceChanges>
				</BonusCommerceChange>[/COLOR]
			</BonusCommerceChanges>
			<BonusYieldChanges>
[COLOR="Blue"]				<BonusYieldChange>
					<BonusType>BONUS_SILK</BonusType>
					<YieldChanges>
						<iYield>0</iYield>
						<iYield>2</iYield>
						<iYield>2</iYield>
					</YieldChanges>
				</BonusYieldChange>[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]				<BonusYieldChange>
					<BonusType>BONUS_DYE</BonusType>
					<YieldChanges>
						<iYield>0</iYield>
						<iYield>2</iYield>
						<iYield>2</iYield>
					</YieldChanges>
				</BonusYieldChange>[/COLOR]
			</BonusYieldChanges>

You can see entry 1 and 2 by the blue and green text. You need all the blue or green text to make up 1 bonus resource entry.

The first lot handles resources that effect the commerce amounts
Gold
Research
Culture/Safety
Espionage

If you want to add espionage you have to have the first 3 commerce tags in with a 0 if you just have one tag it will think it is always gold.

The second section is for Yields.
Food
Hammer
Coin
Happy
Health

(Happy and Health are New to FTTW, we had some bugs but I think they are all resolved now.)

I recommend using Notepad++ unless you have a software you prefer.

Any Questions Feel Free to Ask.

Attachments

• XML Updates.7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 240
Top Bottom