The Palace - Chieftains office for term 5

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
Info should come here

Current officials (DP Pool is still being voted on)
Chieftain: Dutchfire
Warlord: Provolution
Chief Scientist: Mike6426
Chief Justice: Lockesdonkey
Judge Advocate: Ori
Public Defender: Nobody
Governor of Riversight: Joe Harker
Governor of NOTA: Methos
Governor of EA: Daveshack
Governor of Coppertown: Ordinaryguy

To do list:

-State of the Empire thread (first edition will be released after tonights TC)
-History (I have started writing something, but it's all but publishable and I'm not entirely happy about it. I hope that some other people will also try to give this a shot, as reading (and writing) history can be great fun)
-DP Pool thread (should be done soon)
-Khural thread (should be done soon too)

Hyronymus will back up for me during my coming absence.
I don't think I've got to give many orders, as we're not in a position to trade much.
Worker assignments are up to the governors.
Stop if we meet another civ, or if Rome declares war on us.

Citizen's Initiative - The Election Act of 4000 BC

Section 1 - Elections
Conducting the affairs of Government in our system requires periodic elections. These elections allow citizen to chose their leaders based on their personalities, views and stated goals.

Terms of office will run from the first of the month to the last day of the same month, using GMT time. If the first term starts in the middle of a month, that term will not end until the last day of the subsequent month. No citizen can be elected to the same office in more than two consecutive terms.

Elections will be conducted by the official in charge of Election (called the EO). The EO will create nomination threads for each elected office, plus the Designated Player poll, 7 days prior to the end of the current term. After 3 days, the EO will post voting polls, one for each contested office, listing each candidate that has accepted their nomination in order of acceptance. These polls will be marked private, single-choice, and will be set to expire in 3 days.

Section 2 - Nomination
Nominations may be made by any citizen, for any citizen (including self-nominations) by posting in the Nomination thread for the office. Nominations may also be made via PM or posting an Election Office thread prior to the start of the election cycle if the citizen will be unavailable at that time. Citizens can only accept one nomination for an elected office. Nominations may be accepted by a post by the citizen in the nomination thread or by notifying the EO via PM or post in an Election Office thread. If they accept more than one nomination, the EO will try to determine which one is their preference. If the EO cannot, they will assume the most recent acceptance takes precedence.

Section 3 - Resolution
The citizen receiving the most votes at the conclusion of the election poll is deemed the winner of that election. In the event that more than one citizen is tied for the most votes, a runoff election poll, listing all citizen's tied for the most votes, will be conducted. This poll will be marked private, single-choice, and will be set to expire in 2 days. This process will be repeated until one citizen receives the most votes. The election cycle will conclude at the end of the final election poll.

A citizen can withdraw from an election at any time. This is an irreversible choice. When they do so, their name, and number of votes, is ignored for determining the winner of the election and for any runoffs.

Section 4 - Designated Player
The Designated Player poll will list all citizens that accepted their nomination. This poll will be marked private, multiple choice and will be set to expire in three days. All citizens receiving the required support will be considered to be the Designated Player pool for that term. The Designated Player pool is not considered an elected office.

If I'm reading this correctly, I should put the nomination threads up the 24th.

Please update the State of the Empire thread.

Please update the State of the Empire thread.

I will as soon as possible (hopefully tonight). I had to read Harry Potter 7 yesterday, so there wasn't any time to do it ;)

@Ordinaryguy, the coppertown screenshot should be up now too :D

If I'm reading this correctly, I should put the nomination threads up the 24th.
IIRC, the Nominations go up during this time.

BTW, I am making an attempt to be more active in the Demogame after a long two-three month hiatus. :blush:

original initiative said:
Governors may also reallocate cities if all Governors affected accept the reallocation

If you agree, then it's now official :D

Next Term would be easiest and save alot of confusion!

Chieftain, could you make a formal statement with your decision in the Falcono2's TC thread? Thanks.

Please update the State of Empire thread. I rely on that to give instructions on weekdays. Thanks.

Top Bottom