The peasant want power! Overthrow the wicked Tyrant!

Hygro

soundcloud.com/hygro/
The people have spoken! With new philosphies ariving all the time, the people have decided they want more say in how their lives are run! Viva la Republique!

Foreign Affairs, I'm for it (I am the Catholic Republican afterall), but don't we have a war to fight after this little ceasefire that we have?

On the same note, we can take advantage of this Ceasefire to establish a productive government. Our Military is in very poor shape now, and the corruption that will be recovered could prove valuable, despite war wariness issues later.

BTW: personally I'm undecided, just being Zarn's "Devil's Advocate" ;)

There are three reasons why we shouldn't.

First, as part of the massive tech/communications deal we've struck with Apolyton, we're obligated to give them 60g in three turns. A revolution now won't help.

Two, we don't know if we can do it financially, or war-weariness wise.

Three, this cease-fire doesn't have a set ending date. GCA could very well turn on us the moment they see us collaspe into anarchy.

Wait a few turns, 5-10, for GCA to leave, and for us to build up.

There is no war weariness in multiplayer.

Should however Gc suffer a big defeat at the hand's of Apolyton ,then we should be ready to mount a sizeable invasion into GC territory.Both GC and Poly are bigger than us.Although we have very good relation's with Poly at this point ,we should be weary for the fact that if Gc would be destroyed or minimalized in possesion's ,then were only with Poly left on this Island ,and we better make sure that atleast were evenly strong as they are.

Atleast ,that is what i can derive with the little information that i got on the game log's.Great story's on youre site ,quite interresting for a silent lurker.

Got to respect those Catcher's for theyre warlust though ,keep's you millitary prepared at all time's.

Though i think that ,in the long term ,it might be more benificial to make peace with GC if we managed to secure our home territory first.It's a pitty that about all the more warmongering minded community's are on the same island ,there must be other bigger continent's out there with more peacefull minded nation's on them ,nation's who would have fallen more easily on an Onslaught the likes of wich the last wars showed.It would be benificial if the strong nation's of our continent could find the more weak country's around them and use those country's as target's of conquest and looting.It would require solid treaty's though with GC and Poly ,yet due to the almost status quo between the 3 country's extended war's will only weaken all country's on our continent in comparison to those country's on other continent's around us.

Just my two cent's ,hoping that they even make some sence anyway.
And also more a way of saying hello to people long time no see. ;)

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders
then were only with Poly left on this Island ,and we better make sure that atleast were evenly strong as they are.

hmm....

made this point to Oct earlier, that just cause we're on good terms with Poly now doesn't mean that later they couldn't decide they want the continent for themselves...

but of course I can't help but seeing at least a Friendly Arms race between us...

:hmm: :nuke: :soldier: :tank: :tank: :soldier: :nuke: :hmm:

The peasant want power! Overthrow the wicked Tyrant!

Am I the only one peeved by the spelling error in this title?

Naw we're Chinese so we can have some poorly translated titles.

How's:
"This peasant wants the strength! Overthrows evil Tyrant!"

:lol:

But I do think, that we should be ready to try to capture cities in the war against GCA, because what stops Poly from attacking us if they already have a big army built for the GCA-war... If we don't expand some cities at least, we're in trouble if Poly decides to attack us.

"This peasant wants the strength! Overthrows evil Tyrant!"
To make it somewhat more chinese sounding ,let's make it: The peasant wants the stlenght! Ovelthlows evil Tylant!".

But I do think, that we should be ready to try to capture cities in the war against GCA, because what stops Poly from attacking us if they already have a big army built for the GCA-war... If we don't expand some cities at least, we're in trouble if Poly decides to attack us.

We should struck fast and unexpected in an weakly defended GC flank ,at the right time and place.One thing we should keep in mind is to not try to assault trough the border mountain's ,as it signifcatly will slow down our progress and provide time for the enemy to strentghen their position's.Also we should bear in mind not to assault the first border city first ,yet the more strategic hinterland wich may be less defended than the border ,and wich is valuable for the enemy to reinforce their border with us.This include the capital region ,wich can ,if captured ,be held as randsom for more interresting city's closer to us.I don't know in that respect what the status of our navy is though.

One problem though for this theoretical possible operation in as i believe 7 turn's (the time Poly will attack GC) is first that we aint very prepared yet for this war ,both strategicly and military ,and that currently most probably most of GC's offensive troops are stationed near our borders.in that respect ,it would come in handy if somehow GC would be informed of this iminent Poly invasion on their soil ,so that it would convince them to pull displace an ammount of troops from our border to their Polly flank.It would make it somewhat easier for us to assault ,and somewhat harder for Poly to capture much GC city's.It's probable anyway that at this very point GC is weaker than ever before and weaker than Poly ,since they lost quite an amount of troops in the last war's.If we give Poly all the advantage while we have had all the hard times to beat GC's elite troops down at our gates ,then we eventually will force us in a situation where our chances of survival are slim.

And it wouldn't be that benificial for us if Gc civ would get extinct.I don't really like the idea of having two power's on an island while were the weaker once's.In that respect ,having 3 powers of the island is easier to set the balance.In this respect ,it might be interresting for us to play this war very backstabby.
If Poly should manage to take a significant part of GC ,and with this i mean 2 or 3 city's ,then we should try to set peace to them fast ,afcourse after first capturing 1 or 2 city's ,and then struck an alliance with GC to surprize attack Poly at it's East flank. (our north ,near the spice fields) this may lead to a situation were we manage to take some city's of both party's while both are stuck in a dreadfull war at the GC-poly border.With enough city's captured we could establish ourself as the stronger power on the continent.Yet afcourse we have to bear in mind the hit this will give to our diplomatic reputation.yet if we don't go to far in conquest ,we should manage two come to peace fast with both party's before they have resolved their border war.

In any case ,we should work out a solid millitary plan ,and fast.

Hmmm... not a bad idea, although I don't really like backstabbing Poly, but not a bad plan.

A plan MUST be made!

I know I've mentioned this elsewhere...

Some high-ranking Apolytonian (even at least one counsel, one of the three heads of their state) seriously believe that both CFC and Apolyton should be equal allies after the war is over. It's possible that former GCA cities will be equally divided between our two nations after the war.

That would be ideal, what Oct said. For 1, GCA will be of no help in an attack on Poly, they will get destroyed way too fast to be of any assistance. 2, Poly has atleast double the productivity we do, they are by far in the better position atm. 3, if CFC and Poly aren't allies, there is absolutely no way for CFC to win the game. CGN is simply too powerful, controlling an empire similar to the size of our entire island.

Octavian is right, and so is MRex.

Just saying "not a bad idea" to any suggestion;)

But I really mean that Octavian has a point here.

I agree that it would be very nice if Poly and CFC would be Equal allies ,but as i see it know there is not that much reason to think that Poly will actually keep both empire size's equal ,as i see it the most likely thing they will do is capture as many city's from GC as possible regardless of our situation.Yet if theyre are solid guarantees that we can live toghether as equal allies ,then that's very good ,and it mean's that as 2 country's we can invade other island's and nation's togheter.it's definatly nessecary that the wars on this continent are halted soon though ,as the total point value of the 3 civ's on our continent is low and thus the country's around us on other island's are larger.Yet it's very likely that Poly and CFC toghether are a millitary jugernaut in coparison to other nation's and alliance's.

But since when do we trust Poly that much? Sister site? My arse...

Atleast it would be good if "somehow" Gc would come to know that Poly will attack them soon.It would provide for less GC troops on our border and more on poly's border ,thus making it easier for us to advance fast in GC land and harder for Poly.This way ,this is a way bigger guarantee of future equal footing with Poly than believing their word on it.

Though i must warn you ,even if we are equal to Poly ,and Poly is bend on attacking us ,then that will be a very hard situation for us ,and in that respect it would be better to have 3 nations on the continent.Eventually ,we could for an alliance of 3 warmongering country's to ,and not poly and CFC alone.And With 3 almost equal nation's on a continent ,you can be almost sure that few conflict's will arise between any of the country's ,since most will understand that any agression from one of the three will result in the other 2 allieing against it. (wich we see with GC now)

And there is another thing ,what makes you think we gonna defeat GC tottaly? I think indeed they must be weakened by the last wars ,and CFC and Poly toghther are millitary stronger than GC alone.But many GC member's are die hard war monger's ,and theyll fight for every square of ground.

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders
And there is another thing ,what makes you think we gonna defeat GC tottaly? I think indeed they must be weakened by the last wars ,and CFC and Poly toghther are millitary stronger than GC alone.But many GC member's are die hard war monger's ,and theyll fight for every square of ground.

Oh, that was CDG's doing, you and Poly are not allowed to make peace with GCA. :)

Top Bottom