The pentathlon!

bobbyboy29

I was saying boo-urns...
Ok guys, so here was my idea for a new series of games. Basically instead of having 1 civ with 1 leader playing on one map. You get given 5 different starts on 5 different map types(fractal, tectonics,pangaea, continents, and one more) with 5 different leaders. Anyone who wants to play plays all 5 games (this could take a while but we have patient). The catch is that you need to win each of the 5 games in a different way (1 dom, 1 space, 1 culture, 1 diplo(UN or AP cheese) and 1 either conquest, the other kind of diplo or time) I'd love to see people play out some games with an emphasis more on VC's rather than traits and map types. Anyway the winner will be whoever has the highest total score from all the wins and will be crowned gold medal pentathlete and receive 50 credits.

So what do you think? would anybody be interested in participating in this one? What about choice of leaders, map types or changes in rules? Any (constructive or hilariously off topic and funny) comment is welcome.

Why not? Could we award 'medals' for the best-played game?

Personally, I would like the leader of this to be a lower tier one... Toku? It would be interesting to see Toku win Culture.

The 'one more' should be either Arch or Medium 'n' Small.

Should events be off, to give all a level playing ground?

Im up for it!

It looks nice.
One question please: is the map "connected" with the type of victory?
(Pangeia for conquest, islands for culture; or exactly the opposite).
Best regards,

I cant even play one game through to the end, never mind 5 at once lol.

The idea is to have 5 different leaders in each map and you get to choose which VC to do with which particular map/leader combo (you dont need to decide before you start which victory you will pursue) I would like to have a range of leaders with all traits showcased but ones who are capable of winning different ways on each map. The leaders i am considering are Ramesses, Justinian, Hammurabi, Wang Kon, Pericles and Washington (with one being ruled out) these leaders cover all the traits i believe and are suited to a range of playstyles but i am open to suggestion. What i am looking for in the games is how the leader's traits, UU,UB and the map led you to win (or lose) in the way you chose to win.

I would also like the way people win to be more interesting than obvious (i.e not just going for culture with the cre leader or conquest with the leader with the best early rush unit.) Good to see the interest though. Also note that you dont have to play all five games, you can play one or two it just means you won't be eligible to be crowned champion.

Sorry, but as I'm not a native English speaker:
I may choose one leader, but then I must stick with him for different maps?
If I choose one victory type in the 1st map, then I need to choose another for the next map?
Best regards,

Of those leaders I would go for:
Spoiler :

Ramesses for Space/Diplomacy.
Pericles for Culture.
Justinian for Conquest.
Hammurabi or Wang Kong for Domination.
Washington for Space/diplomacy.

What scores are added up?

I'm assuming final scores for each game you complete accomplishing a different VC will be added up.

Sounds fun, I just wish it weren't competitive!

Top Bottom