1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The people have spoken!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Diode, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Diode

Diode Chieftain

Useally i like to go to war early on, but sometimes i dont realy kill the civ beside's cripple them. now some of my cities where in civil disorder but then i went to war with the same civ agian and they had we love the king day!. does this mean they wanted me to go to war with that civ?

2. God

God God

In monarchy when war is declared on you, or you start winning, then the cities go into WLTKD.

3. TheNiceOne

TheNiceOne Emperor

Under republic and democracy (and maybe other govs too?), if there have been high tension between you and the other civ (you have asked them to leave your territory several times, etc.), then the people will want a war and get a happiness boost when the war is finally declared.

The people are fickle though, so expect them to become peace lovers after some turns of war.

4. Maple

Maple Canadian Patriot

Your people (especially in republic/democracy) like war when you are winning. When your not, (ie losing units, cities) the people start complaining and torching barracks.

5. Axraxes

Axraxes Chieftain

Wrong Maple. In Republic or Democracy, war weariness among the population will kick in at some point - regardless as to how the war is going.