The perfect pasta is a mystery to me!

I bet you could find much better pasta at some local Italian eatery! Maybe it's just me but Dominos seems overpriced and their pizzas seem average and overgreasy
It depends on the place, I think. Family Pizza does pasta as well, but they're pricier and for some reason the menu lacks photos of some of the dishes.

Besides, I'm enrolled in Domino's loyalty program, and have so far accumulated enough points for 2 free pizzas. They have my previous orders on file, so all I have to do is let them know which one I want, and skip the spiel of size, sauce, toppings, etc.

Another bonus: They don't assume you want bacon on every damn thing. That's why I quit using Papa John's. They went insane with the bacon, and I don't do bacon (unless it's bacon-flavored chips).

For some reason Skip the Dishes has decided it refuses to work with my browser, and their customer disservice people are useless. It's a shame, since I'd love an omelet or two occasionally (Burger Boy's egg and sausage meals aren't bad; it's a local place down the hill from here).

It's just that from my experience pastas are best at fancy Italian restaurants*. The level below that would be average Italian restaurants. Level below that would be chain restaurants. Below that would be Pizza joints owned by Italian families. Level below that would be pubs and bars. And below that is where I would put chain pizza joints.

* Technically the top tier would be pasta cooked by an actual Italian grandmother in her home kitchen.

All from my own personal experience, of course, and everyone has different preferences when it comes to what we eat. My point is basically - I bet you can find much better pasta you can order from somewhere else! Having said that, points = free food is nice as well.

Skip the Dishes are scammers so I don't use them anymore. They will bully restaurants into going along with their spiel, even if the restaurant is not interested; they will add the restaurant to their online menu anyway. Restaurants do not usually have the option to ban them, since the added business is usually welcome. Still super scammy though

As for pizzas I like mine from smaller local joints that usually only have 1 location. The best places I've gotten pizza from seem to be owned by some southern European family. Chains like pizza hut and dominoes are too greasy for me, like you're eating cake with cheese or something. i will still eat them though, if somebody's offering

It's just that from my experience pastas are best at fancy Italian restaurants*. The level below that would be average Italian restaurants. Level below that would be chain restaurants. Below that would be Pizza joints owned by Italian families. Level below that would be pubs and bars. And below that is where I would put chain pizza joints.
Well, fancy Italian restaurants aren't in my budget. I don't know if any restaurants around here are owned by Italian families. Even the Greek restaurant isn't owned by a Greek family anymore (it used to be, when my dad was friends with the owner and did odd jobs for him - which often meant payment in food).

I never go to pubs or bars, so I have no idea what they serve.

But anyway, the local Domino's is willing to accommodate requests like delivering to my door rather than the lobby (due to covid), as I've told them about my disability; mobility has been even worse this past week, so even getting around the apartment has been painful - a trip downstairs would have been impossible. It helps to be able to say I'm double-vaxxed and never go anywhere and nobody visits. I'm somebody who is safe to be less than 6 feet away from.

And depending on who the delivery person is, we might get into a conversation as he remembers that I watch soaps, and he asks me about them.

Top Bottom