The PETA Alliance: A No-Animal-Cruelty Variant Report

Only one prophet? And it wasn't even Saint Francis?

(wonders how many people will get that joke)

Saint Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals, merchants, Catholic action and the environment?

The world votes for UN Secretary General in 1971AD. Umm, who should I vote for again? Fox News, would you please tell me what I’m supposed to do?

The next turn, AWeeMoose somehow becomes SecGen. Big surprise, big whoop.

PETA’s has only 2 spaceship parts remaining. 14 turns till victory, barring something really not good happening…

Ya know, Macau has been at 0% for a long time. Flip already! Actually, don’t! Then I can declare war, wipe you off the map, and free the horses the turn before PETA wins!

Just to make sure no nukes ruin PETA’s PLANZ™, we propose a nuke ban, which passes unanimously in 1976AD.

Well then, I guess you can’t turn down cities that revolt to you. All the modern armors PETA is building will go to waste…that is…unless…

(Aside: The single currency bill passes in 1980AD. Moneymoneymoneymoneyyyyy, MONEY! Just in time for hair metal!)

Apparently, Bismark has his own Apollo Program. 3 Apollo Programs already is too many. This 4th is overkill. I wish he had gotten creative with the name, like calling it the Starbuck Program, or the Adama Program.

The SS Engine is complete. Now, PETA only has 5 turns to go until victory!

It could be close…QSH is only 1 part behind PETA. Go PETA Go! Err, we mean, Go us Go!

For the heck of it, we also try for a diplo victory, knowing nobody likes PETA enough for us to win. We actually almost win in the vote in 1984AD. Our bet is that Van Halen's seminal album named for the same year distracted the other countries and made them forget to vote for us. Oh well, guess the animals will get their own planet, instead of PETA taking over this one for them.

4 turns before PETA was to complete the Space Elevator (actually, it would have been after we launched), QSH finishes it. Grr…

1 turn to victory. ONE TURN TO VICTORY AND TO THE SALVATION OF ALL ANIMALS ON THIS PLANET!

1986AD: To show QSH how much PETA appreciates his efforts, we gift him Macau. We then declare war! Muahahahaha….

Because we can’t move over the hill and directly into Macau, we have to go through their Mechanized Infantry. A few Stealth Bomber runs and a modern armor attacking twice does the trick.

We recapture Macau and…WHAT’S THIS? We can’t raze it? Why???? It only has a population of 2 and they're both Chinese! Augh, must've been since we controlled it for a mere 9 freakin' years! Arrrrrgh, our evil plan goes awry. The one frickin' time PETA ever does something evil, it fails.

PETA + evil = Charlie Brown + Lucy + a football.

Oh well, at least we got to go to war with China, and Japan since they declared too.

Will PETA win? Will Qin Shi Huang finish his last 2 parts first? Will Bismark bogart everything spaceship-related and fly off on his own? Tune in next time to find out! And don't forget kids, bring your secret Ovaltine decoder rings!

Except the AI's trading the last techs to QSH for a world map and QSH finishing up with his fancy new space elevator. Or better yet, QSH gets a diplomatic victory just to stop you.

PETA WINS! Looks like QSH didn't finish his parts in time. Slowpoke.

As of 1987AD, the animals are free of bondage on this planet! Mission accomplished! Hmm, we still need to fix our screenshot machine, though. Perhaps some of the space-llamas around Alpha Centauri will have the knowledge.

Final graphs:

Postscript: PETA played a few more turns after the space race victory and well hey there, we won a diplomatic victory 2 turns later. Nifty.

Debriefing: Despite PETA's concerns, not ONCE did we encounter a health problem. That was the real surprise. We didn't honestly expect a major military pain, since we could live w/o the main animal units of knights and cavalry. Trading was a bit of a pain, though, since we were often offered cows, pigs, cute little beavers, etc.

Hope y'all enjoyed it. On to the next one.
-AWeeMoose

The End.

Hurray for the friends of animals, may Alpha Centauri protect you from hunters. :D
What do you think the diplomatic victory was, a bill for the protection of animals, the founding of the league of animal friends or something else?

Absolutely brilliant AweeMoose.
I thought I was having a tedious day at the office, and now at least lunchtime has been full of smiles!

Save the Fluffy Bunnies!

hahahaah.
Your story is so cool
I couldn't stop laughing at the end (and when i was reading it too)

GIDS888 said:
Absolutely brilliant AweeMoose.
I thought I was having a tedious day at the office, and now at least lunchtime has been full of smiles!

Save the Fluffy Bunnies!

Same here, work this afternoon has been at a premium due to reading this. Excellent thread

AWeeMoose said:
Yeah, it may be short, but that's for several reasons:
1) I never really liked reading 30 pages :rolleyes: of posts and comments in other stories.
2) I prefer to write short, humorous comments to long, non-sensical, fictional tales. Just my style. Other people write stories to accompany Civ games much better than I ever could. :D
i like how its short i dont like to read that much either just funny small comics
its a good storys Make sure to liberate the moon animals if there any up there from the space aliens :) ;) :D

Top Bottom