Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Worst Enemy

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

Bob III

Lazy Roamer
Yes, yes, the plague. One of the biggest controversies in RFC. Is it your best friend, helping you conquer others in their time of weakness? Or is it your worst enemy, allowing others to conquer you in your time of weakness?

It varries game to game. I found it most useful in my Arab game, as it killed off all the non-muslims in the East giving me the win.

I'm coming around to an appreciation of plague more and more as I play RFC more. I hated it at first, but if you plan for it, it's not so bad. Except when you want the Khmer UHV.

Its both for me. I've been killed by the plague a few times. Breaking out, while bieng at war, and killing my defenders, or sod. But if you prepare for it, its a great prelude to killng your neighbours. Further the plague is the best war killer world wide. Halting every ai war, to a standstill.

my only problem with it is when it comes up at the worst possible time and there is no possible way to prepare or prevent it from ruining you.

for instance, when you first spawn, and have yet to establish any trade routes to anyone else but your own cities, yet the plague STARTS in your nation, thus spreading to every new city, destroying the troops you spawned with, not spreading to anyone else because you haven't made any foreign trade routes yet, and basically ruining your game before you can even settle down. This happened to me once with Japan, Russia, and Mali, literally a few turns after I spawned, and I had to restart all three games.

The thing that annoys me the most with plague is when it kills my workers heh, especially early game when youre trying to get some infrastructure.

just get your workers (and units as far as possible) out of any city radius and they are safe (kind of a cheat though, since the ai cant do that)

just get your workers (and units as far as possible) out of any city radius and they are safe (kind of a cheat though, since the ai cant do that)

Well sometimes you cant save them all :D and yeah thats what i do as well.

Plague adds more challenge to the mod.

My only gripe about plague that it makes the dumb Vanilla and Warlords AI (yeah, I still haven't got BTS yet) even worse. You realize, the more units AI has, the more are the chances that it will make something remotely intelligent with them. And plague makes the AI have less units in order to improve game speed.

Other them that, I am fine with the plague.

Top Bottom