The Play the World Expansion Should Have Samurai Replacing Med. Infantry...

Dantius

Chieftain
Don't you think? I mean, the samurai isn't necessarily a knight or could ever be like one. And it's not really known for being faster than anything on horseback. Plus, having the swordsman upgrade to the samurai would make a lot of sense. Of course, you'd have to take away a unit movement from them.

Plus, feudalism did start that order, not chivalry, which didn't exist in Japan really.

What are others thoughts?

No. My knowledge on the subject is limited, but will have to do for the time being. The thing is that the Japanese Samurai are the equivilent of European knights. The samurai also have a code of honor quite similar to chivalry. Now I just have to wait for someone like Zachriel to come to fill in all the details :)

The samurai practised the code of bushido, where they're expected to die if necessary in the service of their lords. Loyalty was valued.

Plus earlier on, the samurai were on horseback (despite what you may infer fr the unit graphics) and were armed with bows and arrows, as well as the standard katana.

Samurai would be the Japanese equivalent of the European Knightly class. Employed in almost the same function, the military elite of the country.

Top Bottom