The Players Revision of World's History[RFC:MP]

What is this about?

The setting of this thread is simple. This is a RFC:MP 3000 B.C map on hotseat with all the positions taken. In this game, you tell me which nation you want to take control of and once you are in, you can give me the orders for your civ and I'll make them reality as you see the world history unfold.

Hotseat? Wouldn't that be hard to pull off?

I don't know how to explain how the end turn posts will look like, so let me show you an example:

I build a warrior in Ashur
*picture of warrior in Ashur*
-postsnip-
Babylon:
Spoiler :
Ashur:
Spoiler :
*gamepic of cityscreen of Ashur*

Costs of buildings, units and techs.
Spoiler :
blahblahblah, you get the idea.

Also I don't know much geography so I would recommend saying stuff like: "1 NE from this city", "3 S and 1 E from the other one" or "I settle east".

Unfortunately here you'll have to sometimes do the math. More specifically, at the production and technological costs. If you have production left for the extra turn you can still give building orders. Sorry for this, but it's the only way.

Sometimes I'm also going to have to "pause" the turns to point out an event or something weird happening (such as khmer flipping a chinese city with 10% khmer culture).

I still haven't decided how much the turns will last though. I know that the first one will be a revision of starting cities and the 2nd one will be 30-40 turns long.

Is there anything else?

Yes. Scouts, horsemen and vehicles are the only units allowed to explore outside one's territory. An exception is when you discover a continent at first, although that exception vanishes after a while.

Also, I'm probabily modifying China's spawn to Xi'an for historicity reasons. Northren China was important, yes, but Xi'an is more historical for being the birthplace of the chinese civilization.

With the exception of Babylon, Carthage and Mongolia, no civilization can be killed. Since I don't know wether the independence feature actually works and wether it will give me the cities back to me or to the A.I, you can only vassalize defeated civs.

I would like to leave out something clear: No rushing civs. It kills the fun when a babylonian player rushes into everyone (I gotta admit that's a classic though :D)

If you're America and the world is lagging far behind from historicity, you must give technological support to European nations (you can give a little bit to asian civs spared from colonization but not too much). If the same rule applies that forces you to give techs away applies, then you can't DoW on anybody until 1823 (Monroe Doctrine) and no conquering Congo or any other independent until said year.

I also reccomend a little bit of roleplay. Gamey behavior is still allowed though.

Nation list:

Any nation without name will be directly controled by me until someone claims them (unless I fall in love with said civ). Please be aware that I'm terrible at technologies at RFC so I might end up stagnating so you better hurry up claiming civs. Since there are few around here, you can take control of multiple civilizations.

Spoiler :
Egypt: GreekAnalyzer
India: mrrandomplayer
China: baseballpie
Babylon:
Greece: CoolGuy5451
Persia: constantinopile
Carthage:
Rome: GreekAnalyzer
Japan: baseballpie
Ethiopia: constantinopile
Maya:
Vikings: constantinopile
Arabia: Moai_Spammer
Khmer:
Spain: baseballpie
France:
Britain:
Germany: GreekAnalyzer
Russia: baseballpie
Netherlands:
Mali:
Portugal:
Inca:
Mongolia:
Aztec:
Turkish: GreekAnalyzer
USA: GreekAnalyzer

I'll take greece.
EDIT: I do however want to control greece. So why not do a Direct IP server?

I'll take greece.
EDIT: I do however want to control greece. So why not do a Direct IP server?

MP is limited to 4 players only (except on Hotseat mode) and I can't run servers from my computer. The other limitations is that there are no mercenaries, congresses and that supposedly the plague has been simplified (although it still rampages through the cities it falls on).

MP is limited to 4 players only (except on Hotseat mode) and I can't run servers from my computer. The other limitations is that there are no mercenaries, congresses and that supposedly the plague has been simplified (although it still rampages through the cities it falls on).

Man it's different from LAN... but I'm still in. Sign me up as Greece. Also I want my nation to have an isolationist ideology.

Man it's different from LAN... but I'm still in. Sign me up as Greece. Also I want my nation to have an isolationist ideology.

You're in. But I don't know what are you talking about isolationist ideology when we're starting at 3000 B.C and there's no mercantilism around.

You're in. But I don't know what are you talking about isolationist ideology when we're starting at 3000 B.C and there's no mercantilism around.

Like Tokugawa, no open borders, no tech trading... unless its in my favor, and when Mercantilism is available then adopt it. Also let me emphasize on NO OPEN BORDERS.

hmm... i guess i'll be arabia (IF this is regular rfc)

so how exactly would this work?(i've never done multiplayer before in any game past civ2, so yeah...)

I'll be Persia.

The two of you are accepted. Also added the guy from the Country of Sumer that requested to be in the game.

This won't be a multiplayer game like you are thinking of. You give orders of what your civ is doing via the forum (although a story attached to it is prefered) and I'll carry them out and tell the results. There is no point where you can directly control the civs.

Yes, this is the MP version of vanilla RFC.

The two of you are accepted.

This won't be a multiplayer game like you are thinking of. You give orders of what your civ is doing via the forum (although a story attached to it is prefered) and I'll carry them out and tell the results. There is no point where you can directly control the civs.

Yes, this is the MP version of vanilla RFC.

Maybe I can host the server? I've held servers before, the only problem is the OUT OF SYNC errors, even though the game is in sync. Other than that, I can host it. It may be a little laggy though.

Maybe I can host the server? I've held servers before, the only problem is the OUT OF SYNC errors, even though the game is in sync. Other than that, I can host it. It may be a little laggy though.

Like I said, RFC:MP will asplode with more than 4 players on anything but Hotseat (it even says so in the original thread). I have to do it on Hotseat since it's the only way possible to play with more than 4 players without OOS, CTDs (almost) and all the pack of errors.

Like I said, RFC:MP will asplode with more than 4 players on anything but Hotseat. I have to do it on Hotseat since it's the only way possible to play with more than 4 players without OOS, CTDs (almost) and all the pack of errors.

Oh okay, I sure hope whoever chooses Rome doesn't go. "You know what I want to do? INVADE GREECE"

Damn, no rushing or killing allowed. That ruins the fun of the mod!
:joke:

I'll take India, then. Constantinople, you better be a good neighbor!

so, let me see if i understand.
We give you orders for our civ via the forum in which you perform them in the hotseat.

is there something here that i'm missing or is that it?(i'm just a wee bit confused about it)

edit: oh and thank you for reminding me mr. random

you better be a good neighbor constantinople!

Who are you playing as Moai?

Anyway, will orders be PM'ed or posted on this forum? Also, is the difficulty level on Viceroy or Monarch?

@mr.random
i'm arabia :)

so, when do we start?

You're right Moai.

Yes, random, the orders are posted in this forum. I know Moai asked it but he did not said on which medium.

Difficulty level?

Hey kinkaz, are you sure we have enough people to take all the civilizations? I only see about 8 people at most that come here.

Top Bottom