The Playgroud Mod 2.0

The Omega

Completely Insane
Grade school was a simpler time. There was no need to panic about bills, unemployment, or the inevitable nuclear apocalypse. It was a time when your largest concerns were getting through math class alive, not missing your bus, and seizing control of your enemy’s capital so you can use its strategic location to gain a monopoly over the trade in the region.

But in spite of the idyllic appearance, the Playground is a harsh place, where children battle each other for dominance. What begins as a small dispute over control of certain parts of the Playground escalates into years of massive wars, which shake the very foundations of the School. Soon, child is fighting against child, giant death robots battle Godzilla, and tanks are rolling across the soccer fields. In the end, there is only one goal in the mind of all who attend the School: The complete conquest and subjugation of all other students.

*Bell rings*

Alright kids, class is letting out, time for recess.

The Playground Mod 2.0 is the sequel to the original Playground Mod, featuring vastly expanded and rebalanced gameplay including dozens of new units, four new civilizations, 10 new governments, new resources, a completely redone civilopedia (which you should totally read. Yes, all of it. We spent a lot of time working on it), etc.
For those unfamiliar with the Playground Mod, it is a mod based on the wars which happened at my school, from 2nd to 7th grade. However, it’s not the most realistic depiction of those wars; since a mod about small kids running around a tiny playground hitting each other would likely not be the most entertaining of mods, instead we based it off how the participants imagined the wars to be happening. Which means sword fights, nuclear weapons, zombies, and all sorts of other epic things to be found in the imagination of a child.
In addition to the elements from my school's wars, version 2.0 includes two civilizations from other civfanatics members’ wars: Hooray’s Chase, and Hikaro Takayama’s Lego Republic.

For the full Playground Mod experience, we recommend that you play with Tutorial Mode on

The Playground Mod 2.0 is for Civilization 3: Conquests/Complete. To download, click on the link below, follow the instruction, and then extract all files to your Conquests/Scenarios folder.

And now, CREDITS!!!

This mod is the work of work ranging from July 31, 2005 to September 20th, 2010. It would have never been possible without the hard work and dedication of many people, including, but not limited to:

Modding Team:

Bluemofia
The Omega

Units Graphics Design:

Aaglo
Embryodead
Kinboat
BlueO
Hikaro Takayama
Chris85
mrtn
tpasmall
LizardmenRule!
Eclipse
Aluminium
Yaniv
Kindred 72
la_dav
BeBro
Piernik
ShiroKobbure
MoscaTnT
Orthanc
Supa
utahjazz7
Plotinus
Heretic_Cata
Lab Monkey
CamJH
Navy Dawg
Wyrmshadow
beboy
jobiwan7
ripptide
tom2050
Steph
georgestow
TheMorpheus
Kal-el
Bjornlo

Terrain Graphics Design:

Tzar Sasha
Spacer One
Pounder
Warpstorm
Dark Sheer

Other Graphics Design:

han_solo
The Last Conformist
Wyrmshadow
Nate1976
frenchman
Kinboat
Aaglo
Ukas
Drift
Kenta'arka
Lusikka755
Varlin Saliptor
The Last Conformist
mrtn
odintheking
Luddi VII
LizardmenRule!
Lord Malbeth
RedAlert
Hikaro Takayama
embryodead
Deth McBones
Samez

Beta Testers (Who actually responded):

Weasel Op
Spacer One (Rest in peace...)
The Last Conformist
Virote_Considon

Others who helped:

Quinzy
Steph
Babyhead 5
Hooray
Tomoyo

Finally, the download.

A FAQ is included in the civilopedia.

Attached below is a small patch to fix a wonder splash error. Unzip it in your Scenarios folder.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

And one day ahead of schedule. :yeah:

Something to play for a day before you get your hands on Civ V. :p

Also, this mod is a completely stand-alone mod. You do not need the original Playground Mod 1.0 files, as most of it has been rebuilt completely from the ground up. (as opposed to the foundations, which we left in place so we can get this done before Civ VI ;) )

Attachments

• 2.1 patch.zip
    41.6 KB · Views: 256
oh no i just put my toys away in my locker lol does that mean i have to bring them back oh man :):cool:

i downloaded this mod,its cool mod mate lol also funny names of the civs lol

Hi guys. Congrats on the new release! Loved the first iteration, and 2.0 looks even better.

But,

I'm having a problem playing as the Rebs on the Middle School map. On Turn 128, I finish the 1st Grade TAAS Test but the game hangs right after the Graduation screen. Now, I haven't investigated this extensively, but I changed the city production to something else and the game proceeds as normal, so I'm guessing it has to do with Graduation.

Is this a problem you've encountered, and/or do you know of a solution (besides foregoing that victory condition)?

Hi guys. Congrats on the new release! Loved the first iteration, and 2.0 looks even better.

But,

I'm having a problem playing as the Rebs on the Middle School map. On Turn 128, I finish the 1st Grade TAAS Test but the game hangs right after the Graduation screen. Now, I haven't investigated this extensively, but I changed the city production to something else and the game proceeds as normal, so I'm guessing it has to do with Graduation.

Is this a problem you've encountered, and/or do you know of a solution (besides foregoing that victory condition)?

No, we never encountered any problems with the graduation screen while testing....
Is it just for the 1st Grade TAAS, or is it every time you go to the Graduation screen?

I'm terribly sorry, gentlemen. The problem seems to have corrected itself.

I can't say for sure if it was the screen or the production, but the first two times the game froze before the screen came up. I was alternating between the Playground Mod and Modern Age 2, which allegedly has difficulty with the Space Race, so that may have had something to do with it.

Awesome!
The teachers seem epicly over-powered?
I can take down groups of children with just a few, especially since they haven't hit 3rd grade yet.

3rd graders can be very easily intimidated/killed by teachers. ;)

Also, teachers don't get the best of infrastructure, so they can't build efficiently. They pretty much have to blitzkrieg the kids, otherwise they get swamped and overrun.

I get missing pediaicons error after completion of red, yellow or blue versions (Char small wonders). Other than that I am having a blast right now.

I get missing pediaicons error after completion of red, yellow or blue versions (Char small wonders). Other than that I am having a blast right now.

Ah, lucky how someone else posted and I noticed.

... Huh. Our first error. :p

Attached in my first post is the corrected files.

This is a great mod, it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Mmm, the whole Civ V thing also happened, so we're a few versions behind. ;)

This is legend, I expected the pages to go up to at least 20! I agree with CELTICEEMPIRE.

Top Bottom