The Possibility and Promise

PoetclyPathetic

Chieftain
I know its a little early and not much is known about what can be done with Civ IV yet, but I have this creative itch to try my hand at modding in this game, and I thought I would throw these ideas out there and see if anything peaks interest.
1. Kingdom of Heaven (crusades) possible leaders and civilizations, england (Richard the Lionheart), france (leader?), Roman Catholic Church (leader?), Civ name? (Saldine), Jerusalem (maybe the guy with leprosy), other possible civs? Preassigned religions would play an important role in effecting who the AI controlled civs dislike. A possible victory condition, with jerusalem being an unplayable civ, holding the city of jerusalem at the end of the scenario.

2. The Age of Sails, timeline roughly 1600-1800ish England, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy Pretty self explanitory, not a very complicated scenerio but a fun time period

3. A real or hypothetical English or French revolution during the dark ages 1000-1400ish. England or France as the map with multiple lords fighting for domination and the throne.

Ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. If anyone has any interest in taking up one of these challenges or would like to work together on one of them that would be fantastic.

I would think just changing the colors and stats should be fine for #3 with the large number of medievil type units that came with Civ IV, maybe for #1 as well. I dont think there are enough models with the game to do a good age of sails scenerio though so that will probally have to wait until some nice 3D models roll in from our talented modders.
If you are really interested bhiita and theres interest in that scenerio I would love your help.
Thanks for your replies guys

PS Columbus, go buckeyes!

For the Kingdom of Heaven scenerio here is what I have so far.
Timeline 1095-1400

Civs
Franks - Richard the lionheart
Holy Roman Church - Pope Urban II
Byzantines - King Alexius Comnenius
Jerusalem - King Baldwin IV "the lepor king"
Muslims - Saladin

Franks--
cities - Ascalon, Arsur, Tyre, Beirut, Jaffa, Caesarea, Sidon, Tripoli, Antioch, Belvoir
Jerusalem--
cities - Jerusalem, allowed not setteler units
Muslims--
cities - Damascus, Baalbk, Homs, suggestions for more?
Byzantines--
cities - Constantinople, suggestions for more? I decided to implement them as thier own seperate force possible apposed to the franks as the 4th crusades ended with the sacking of constantinople
Holy Roman Church--
cities - still unsure how to implement this civ

Top Bottom