1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The problem with displaying the names of cities and current production tasks

Discussion in 'Civ 4 - Advanced Civ' started by G@m3r, Aug 19, 2021.

1. G@m3r

G@m3r Chieftain

The problem with displaying the names of cities and current production tasks when launching the modification is not in English. The names of cities and current production tasks are displayed in the wrong encoding. Which file in the modification is responsible for this and what needs to be changed in it?

2. f1rpo

f1rpo plastics

I've only ever tested the mod with the MULTI5 edition (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) of the game. I'm guessing that you're using a language other than those five – but I'm not sure why this would be a problem. The mod doesn't change any city names, so the mangled strings you're seeing on the main map are probably loaded from your own BtS files. I guess they are, for some reason, displayed using the wrong Windows code page.

Do you experience the same issue with other mods?

3. G@m3r

G@m3r Chieftain

Sorry for the late response. The cause of the problem is in the file: ...\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\AdvCiv\Assets\Res\Fonts\GameFont.tga that is part of BUG mod. Replacing this file with the original one ...\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\res\Fonts\GameFont.tga or from here https://github.com/enepomnyaschih/MyMod/raw/master/Assets/Res/Fonts/GameFont.tga solves this problem.

Thanks for the best mod.

4. f1rpo

f1rpo plastics

Thanks for the info. This raises some questions on my part: So, we've got the BtS version of GameFont.tga, the BULL/AdvCiv version adding three icons after the (electrical) POWER_CHAR and your fixed version without the AIRPORT_CHAR and a very different layout of the first three (empty) rows. I'm attaching a screenshot comparing all those versions. I suppose your version is based on some fourth version with the same cell layout but without the BULL additions? I wonder what is the source of that. A mod that you've merged AdvCiv with, a localized version of the original game?

Your version mostly works for me too – except that it doesn't get special characters in city names right (e.g. Guimarães), and the airport icon can't be added, at least not in the same position as in BULL. So I guess the best I can do is bookmark your post in case that someone else encounters this problem. And no problems with AdvCiv's GameFont_75.tga?

Attached Files: