The Problematic Paramander Placeholder Plague

Moroi should join that list. They make wonderful fodder.

So...what's so good about SoK? They seem to be a throwaway religious unit to me, easily replaced with Axmen. Obviously, I'm missing something here. I can certainly see why you'd want them instead of paramanders, what with the metal promotions, but what makes them better then the standard metal line?
Just curious.

1. They don't require bronze working. I mean EVER. You can build the Mines of Gal Dur to get iron, and skip ever having to research bronze working, and even Iron working. Sometimes, you can literally stop researching military techs, and just rampage across the world with Iron-weapons SoK

2. They can assist production in a city. Build them at the capital, send them to a newly built city which is struggling to make it's monument/market. They can help get low level cities off the ground much faster. To be honest, they fill a role which I think all civs, and all religions, should have some capacity to do. Like Supply crawlers in Alpha Centaurii. But RoK seems to be the only way to accomplish this seemingly basic functionality in Erebus, making them much more powerful.

Top Bottom