The PROM THREAD

I went to one of the top engineering schools at the time so geeky wasn't necessarily a bad thing to the women there. ;)
Yes, a new start.

High school is all about mixed signals.

My prom date dumped me like a week before prom. We both attended... it was awkward.

I wore one of those tuxedo t-shirts and it was well-received. I'm almost certain I uploaded at least one picture when this happened (2012) but it's lost in the archives somewhere :lol:

High school is all about mixed signals.

In my time we still somewhat confess our feeling before going to the next level, with this the signal can be more measurable, the problem is if after the rejection she keep emanating the "come at me" signal, like with phone messages, miss call, and such, that's quite cruel to me.

Hmm Multiple parties with woman involved. Certainly more interesting than my HS days. Thank god we all got a fresh start in College.

I was pretty socially outgoing before middle school. Then in middle school hormones struck and I became moody and reclusive. I rebuilt my social life/skills in swim team (outside of school - my school was too small to have a swim team; we had no pool). Then my last two years of high school using the confidence and social skills derived from my experiences on swim team I 'revived' myself socially and started going out to parties and whatnot.

The loss of the structure provided by swim team and high school caused my social life to almost disappear when I went to college. But that was where I learned I was an introvert: I was perfectly content to do nothing but play videogames either alone in my room or with my two close friends (who are still my friends today).

I did party in college of course but less than most others.

We had a pool in our HS. the only problem is that all male classes were required to swim naked. Don't think that would fly these days. The excuse was we could't be trusted to clean our swim suits.

We had a pool in our HS. the only problem is that all male classes were required to swim naked. Don't think that would fly these days. The excuse was we could't be trusted to clean our swim suits.

:lol: let me tell you, if you don't clean 'em they disintegrate and then you might as well be naked
On swim team even though we did clean them they all disintegrated eventually (few years).

Chlorine also ruined my hair and gave me the nickname "straw"

Standing in line at the edge of the pool for attendance taking at the start of the class could be quite traumatizing to those that had not quite developed yet.

But enough about naked men, back to being humiliated by Prom

Standing in line at the edge of the pool for attendance taking at the start of the class could be quite traumatizing to those that had not quite developed yet.

Yeah making kids get naked for gym or whatever is one old practice the shedding of which definitely constitutes progress in an objective sense ;)

Reactions: rah
The worst thing was since the pool was used in competition, there was a glass window underwater for filming. Who knew who was hanging out down in that room. There was always the rumor that a girls class was getting a tour of the facilitates once but you never know about rumors like that.

The worst thing was since the pool was used in competition, there was a glass window underwater for filming. Who knew who was hanging out down in that room. There was always the rumor that a girls class was getting a tour of the facilitates once but you never know about rumors like that.

Oh jeez sounds...fraught

Yeah making kids get naked for gym or whatever is one old practice the shedding of which definitely constitutes progress in an objective sense ;)

This was a thing? Y'all telling me that the Penis Inspection Day meme has basis in fact?

Didn't go to prom. Don't really feel like I missed out on anything. The grad night(s) were super fun though.

I stayed home on my school prom night in 1993 and played "Dancing With Myself" by Billy Idol in super-dressed down casual clothes instead.

We don't really have something similar here.
The closest thing is probably our high school graduation party, since there we also all dressed up in suits and ballroom dresses, but less of a big deal in regards to anything romantic. You would go with a girl, but basically only because you'd walk in as couples and there'd be a semi-official first dance with the couples. If there was more to the whole thing, then I was oblivious about it. Which might totally have been.
My class also had twice as many guys as girls. Since we'd still walk in as couples, every girl had a guy on each side. Tad bit weird, but okay.
My girl (good friend of mine) danced the first dance with the other guy, but I didn't know how and didn't want to, so that was fine. I don't remember if there were any couple dances afterwards.
Otherwise I don't remember much besides lots of chatting with my group of friends. I was also the designated driver and anyways didn't drink at that time.
At the end of the day, one of the guys said "Can you help me to look through all the jackets? I cannot find mine. Which is weird, because I extra put my car keys in it to make it recognizable." The facepalm could be heared through the whole room :lol:.
So yeah... no story here, I guess :dunno:.

Top Bottom