The province of Deimos {wanna be deputy gov?}

Pellaken

The one and only.
instead of PMing people, most of whom will probably resufe the job, I decided to post it. as you may know, I will probably have to resign all government positions due to technical difficulties. I still want to leave my mark, though. so I plan to do this like so. I want to appoint a deputy govoner of deimos. this way, if I resign, that deputy gov, will take over as the gov of the province. so I ask, anyone want to be deputy? (you have 24 hours to respond, I'll randomley pick one name out of the responces)

*Jumps up and waving hand in the air. ME, I wanna be deputy govenor*

Actually, I know I'm probably too new to take over anything like that but I was wondering what exactly does the govenor of a province do? I read through the Rules/Government/Citizen Registry Thread and I didn't see a mention of govenors anywhere in there.

Originally posted by EmperorSnefix
*Jumps up and waving hand in the air. ME, I wanna be deputy govenor*

Actually, I know I'm probably too new to take over anything like that but I was wondering what exactly does the govenor of a province do? I read through the Rules/Government/Citizen Registry Thread and I didn't see a mention of govenors anywhere in there.

A governor basically does what the City Planner does on a smaller scale. They just take care of the province.

It was an invented position....and that's why it's not in the rules thread. It was created by the City Planner and can be removed by a future City Planner.....it's not required....so that's why I haven't added it...

Originally posted by CornMaster

A governor basically does what the City Planner does on a smaller scale. They just take care of the province.

It was an invented position....and that's why it's not in the rules thread. It was created by the City Planner and can be removed by a future City Planner.....it's not required....so that's why I haven't added it...

So we do all the polls for the cities in our provinces but the city planner takes all the credit...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dell19

So we do all the polls for the cities in our provinces but the city planner takes all the credit...:rolleyes:

Come now your patner in crime tried to abolish my postion so ofcourse im gonna be a glory hog.;) I see no reason why you couldnt do the job Snefix. Now I'll go see if I can find what I wrote about governers a while back to help you. If you have any questions pm me. :)
Dang this was a time ago......

{Periodically provinces should be redrawn to include and or balance the cities under a particular governors control}

Proveniences will be handled in a slightly different manner. The city planning director will appoint two to four candidates to run. The candidates must reside in that province The people of that region will then vote. The governor then can appoint a deputy. The governors will report to the director or deputy. Elections are held every 30 turns with the directors.

These people will make the polls of the cites in his proveince. However, the real purpose of these people is to watch for any problems or things that need to be mentioned.

Governors will survey the militia of his provenice. Making sure it is sufficient and up to date. If the governor feels that more troops are needed in a particular area it is his job to report that.

Now I know some of the things metioned in that don't apply anymore but you get the drift.

I just had a thought... would I be out of line as a govenor if I requested for a city to be made at a certain spot? I was looking at the maps of Deimos and I thought I saw a nice spot for a new city.

Originally posted by EmperorSnefix
I just had a thought... would I be out of line as a govenor if I requested for a city to be made at a certain spot? I was looking at the maps of Deimos and I thought I saw a nice spot for a new city.

Not at all. Anybody can make suggestions on those things. To keep things organized you might want to PM the suggestion to the Expansion Minister for when he posts the next thread on new cities, and then everybody can discuss it.

Top Bottom