1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Pyramids, MoM, TGW and other assorted World Wonders

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Feb 22, 2013.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

OK, lets have separate thread for discussing what WW we want to pursue, how we can get it and how.

To start off with critical realism, I want to ask you guys how we came to the conclusion that RB does not have marble? I know I said that and I was quite sure about it at the time I said it, but I don't really remember how I came to this assumption and most important why am I so sure about it! When RB asked for our Marble later in the game, this actually speaks in support of my assumption that RB dont have Marble, but maybe they are using someone else's marble for 10 turns??? Can anyone think of a way to confirm if RB have or have no marble now?

2. 2metraninja

After looking in the game, now I remember how I got to the assumption that RB have no Marble. It is so-so accurate and reliable assumption. I saw RB have no Marble to offer us in the trade screen, but that can be deceiving. If they get Marble from someone else, they cant offer it for trade. But then I went and checked what deals they have with the other nations in the "Relations" tab. They are not getting any resource from other teams as I can see. Here is the catch: we are not yet met 2 of the teams, so RB may well be getting Marble from one of them and we cant really check this. One thing that comes to my mind is we had agreement with RB to notify each-other on meeting new teams. But I think it was true for the first NAP we had. Cal, did RB mentioned they met anyone lately? I can think of one way to check this though. I will write down espionage relations between RB and all the teams we know, so if the next turn RB had spent their 4 points somewhere else, then this means they have met a new team lately and they are trying to get their graphs.

While speaking of RB (we do speak so much about them lately, as if other teams do not exist in this game :( ), I have seen where their aqueduct is. It is in Seven Tribes and the city is at 4 pop, so HG goes there.

Spoiler :

3. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

I read the agreements in the diplo logs. Nothing in the agreement suggests that it is coupled with the first NAP so I would say that it is still in effect. Actually there is not termination clause in the agreement at all. So in theory, if we'd gone into war early with RB and then met a new team we'd be obliged to inform RB anyway.

4. 2metraninja

LOL, diplomacy can be funny.

5. 2metraninja

I am focused on MoM for now and I can say that everything fits great so far to have MoM built in the beginning of t110 (now is t104), so that's 6 turns more.

6. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

If Seven Tribes is really to be their HG city, we can track it's complete progress. HG is 300h and doubles with stone.

I'd be interested in a sketch of the plan to get MoM by T110.

Also, what's the fastest to get Pyramids in Tera by itself? What's the fastest to get Pyramids while getting MoM by T110?

7. 2metraninja

Working on the details of that in the moment, but will be able to post something initial probably in just 15 minutes.

Again about t110 if we dont try for MoM at all.

t115-t116?

8. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

@2metraninja: Do we have a spare unit that can look at RB's northern cities? Can we consider that in the plan? That would help us know our wonder competition with RB.

9. 2metraninja

Yes, we do have. We will see one of their cities next turn and we will see maybe another one or two in 3 turns.

Spoiler :

On the t110 ready MoM I am lacking 10 hammers in Lakshmi. Working on that.

10. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

There are only currently 3 RB cities we haven't seen: Tree Huggers, Brick by Brick, The Covenant.

EDIT: Brick by Brick and The Covenant are, along with Starfall, the three newest RB cities.

11. 2metraninja

I think I nailed it. Will use 2-pop whips on missionary and barracks. Have to test that to be sure it will work.

12. 2metraninja

Here is the rough plan. Anyone see weak spots? Workers will build road for settler from Raj.

Spoiler :

13. 2metraninja

Found the first problem - Marble takes 6 workers to be improved in a single turn :)

Thats easy. Will need to bring there another worker.

14. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

2metraninja, that looks beautiful overall. I like that plan a lot.

Here's something I noticed. Since we're in OR and Lakshmi is Jewish, wouldn't the 10 hammers into the Barracks actually equal 12 hammers? And when we 2-pop whip, wouldn't that give us a total of 75 hammers, instead of 60? We need to apply the 25% bonus, right? No a huge deal, just that we would lose some of the overflow...

Do we have the sixth worker to send up to quarry Marble and still have enough left over to finish all the chops on time?

15. 2metraninja

I must had went fully out of my mind. 2pop whips for Missionary and Worker will be just great.

16. 2metraninja

I know that the hammers are stripped off their bonuses when going in to overflow, but was not entirely sure. However, it turned out that we were able to overflow just 40 hammers from the barrack. They were just enough, but then I tried with spear+worker and it worked great. I think it will work great with Missionary+Worker just as neat, so I went and set as build Missionary.

About the sixth worker, yeah, we will get one barb worker and he will do the trick :) We had other options too I think, but I will think about them tomorrow.

17. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

What about settling the city North of the marble instead and going with turn 110? Can we afford to loose a turn to get a spot with less overlap and more river tiles?

18. 2metraninja

North of Marble is also good location. It will not even slow us down at all, we can still settle there at t109. What is only stopping me from it is that it is in the widened no-settling are we proposed the last time. But they took so many time for thinking, we cant wait for them like eternal, right?

19. 2metraninja

I actually like this spot very much. We must send garrison though.

20. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Are you sure the settler can get into the position North of the marble by turn 108 in order to found by turn 109? I don't see how he can do it if he is coming from Raj.

We could found NW of the marble on turn 109 but this spot sucks. NE of marble looks just as good if not even better than North and we could also found there on 110. It puts the sugar in the first ring and gets rid of a mountain in the fat cross. Drawsbacks would be not being able to share that one flood plain and it puts us a bit closer to the Spaniards.