1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Pyramids, MoM, TGW and other assorted World Wonders

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Feb 22, 2013.

1. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

A beautiful sight:

Spoiler :

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

LOL, those damned plain-fed cows are eating our beautiful Pyramids bricks :D Sometimes animals eat bricks because they lack salt and other minerals :lmao:

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I thought it was just that they live in the Pyramids. It is like their grand barn... See how the pasture connects to them?

We are India afterall... The cows are sacred beasts to us:bowdown:. So it is only fitting that they have the grandest temple of all, the Pyramids for their Shrine and sanctuary:D

4. 2metraninja

Hahahahah... OMG... well, that was good. Holy Cow!

5. 2metraninja

Guys and gals, now, after we have The Pyramids and we have basically won the war with Spaniards, how you feel about us getting The Great Library under RB's nose in 6-7 turns?

With our Representation from The Pyramids, TGLib will be very nice. And denying this to RB will be... well... first - rewarding and getting revenge for the loss of SH back then and also - admired by all aware teams. Bistrita thinks RB are pulling their hairs because CivFR got MoM from them :) Wanna see more RB pulled hairs and we being the admired heroes?

6. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Yes, very. Can we be sure of it in 6?

7. 2metraninja

With concentration and focusing :) And some good luck, I think yes.

Also, we will need to get Literature anyway soon. National Epic and Hero Epic are great to have. Will be a shame to not get those especially if we have Marble. Mentioning Marble, we need to tell Uciv that we might need to settle a bit different our Marble because the borders of KwaDukuza are already expanded.

8. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I would wait until with have NAP with UCiv confirmed. I do not believe they are really plotting behind our backs, but still better to be safe than sorry. Spaniards we can probably tackle while building GL.

9. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I'm not a huge fan of making big sacrifices and changing our tech path to get a wonder just for the denial factor. I like the synergy with TGL and Rep, but if we're not planning on running Rep for a while, then I think we have other priorities we'd do better to focus on.

Where were you thinking of building it?

10. Sommerswerd

Can our demohackers tell if they are already building it? If we can get it I would like to go for it, but going for it only to lose would be a huge waste in the current situation.

11. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Good question. I'll look into it but I'd be much more comfortable with SC running the numbers.

12. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

I'll get their hammer totals soon. I have some backed up data too to get out.

13. 2metraninja

My comments in blue:

14. 2metraninja

I though it may be good to move the Taj discussion which roams the turn 100-150 thread the whole day. But most important is to get that sweet sweet Taj :)

OK, here is another thing I am thinking of lately. It is to build Moai in Abhi. It will take chopping 3 forests and some 20 natural hammers. When we hit Taj and our GA starts, Abhi will be beautiful size 9 city which works 7 water tiles which will be like 2f 2h 4c. 14 hammers and 28 commerce only from the sea, eh?

15. vranasm

vranasm Deity

which will naturally just payback the initial investment ;-)

but it's good you mentioned moai... how many reasonable productive cities (can be high food ones for OF) on coast we have? since if I remember right we have stone and we could get crapton gold from moai.

edit:
    what I wanted to say with this that usually moai isn't worth the investment of hammers but if you have stone it can serve you well to get tons of gold through them

16. 2metraninja

Investment, which pays itself in 8 turns is just great investment. Up to 20 turns repayment I consider good investment.

As for high food coastal cities, I think we have none :) Yes, we have only 2 coastal cities right now and the other one we need to start pumping culture in, as RB will try to swamp us with their culture there.

17. 2metraninja

Wrong thread.

Actually, to be on topic, I can say we will get Notre Dame in just 4 turns :)

18. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

This kind of got lost amidst all the hoopla about the wars, but we completed Notre Dame this turn!

19. 2metraninja

:) Hip-Hip hooray! We have a shiny new Notre Dame indeed.

Funny story:
    Spoiler :
    My father was taught French back in his days, but he seems to be not the best at it and when his knowledge was being tested, he does bad. But the teacher wants to give him chance to take the exam and ask him do he knows what is Notre Dame de Paris, to which my father answers: But of course! This is: "New lady from Paris"

20. Sommerswerd

Once again, (paraphrasing the words of General 2metra) CFC proves that we can swat away our opponents like flies with one hand from armoured horseback while laying bricks and mortar in the other hand to build Notre Dame.

This should make our FW even more dangerous:D