The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill3000

OOOH NOOOOOOO!
Supporter
Previous thread?

This is a thread in which you can make your own questions and people can reply to them in an attempt to answer them?

My question is?

How the heck was it possible for a removal of dust inside my computer to reduce the temperature of my CPU by 40 degrees Celsius?

Why do I approve of this thread? Is it because it was legally made?

Why is Bobbtjoe such a Noob?

No seriously: What were all the occassions that R2D2 has his mind wiped?

YOurs was teh wrong number.

okay, so me and Bill 3000 are the starters of this thread. Now stop argueing!

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop!??!?!?!

I probably should know this, but... What's the definitional difference between an assault rifle and an SMG?

YOurs was teh wrong number.
Not to mention it was made too early.

As for Flying Pig's question,
A submachine gun (SMG) is a firearm that combines the automatic fire of a machine gun with the cartridge of a pistol, and is usually between the two in weight and size. An assault rifle, in contrast, uses an intermediate-power cartridge with more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle.

Not to mention it was made too early.

As for Flying Pig's question,

A submachine gun (SMG) is a firearm that combines the automatic fire of a machine gun with the cartridge of a pistol, and is usually between the two in weight and size. An assault rifle, in contrast, uses an intermediate-power cartridge with more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle.

That's machine gun/smg comparison is kind of vague though---do they mean the rate of fire, or the closed bolt mechanism of a machine gun? Some modern assault rifles have rate of fires that equal machine guns, and the G36, for example can be converted to either.

I'd go with your answer that SMGs are for pistol ammo, and rifles have greater power and more likely to over-penetrate. That and I suspect no SMGs have rifled barrels.

I think they mean the rate of fire. Anyhow, it's a basic definition. And weapons that cross the borders of those definitions obscure those definitions. I think the fundamental difference between assault rifles and SMGs is their intended effective range.

And no, I didn't come up with that answer. I quoted it from the wiki article on SMGs. It seemed like a decent definition to me.

I think they mean the rate of fire. Anyhow, it's a basic definition. And weapons that cross the borders of those definitions obscure those definitions. I think the fundamental difference between assault rifles and SMGs is their intended effective range.

Yeah that and cartridge power which would be tightly linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom