Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Official Scenarios' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2008.
Post your feedback for this scenario here.
I finished this scenario, but the next didn't unlock...
The Black Tower isn't in yet. It will be patched in.
Basium has some weird game text. "Cower before the might of my No Unit" and (and I quote) "1".
"Strait" meaning a body of water is spelled like so.
So far I've seen Hyborem and Basium win conquest victories, but it seems impossible for the human to win.
I do not believe you people actually beat the Momus, you cheaters.
The Momus isn't actually that hard to beat, once you give yourself a few Auric Ascendeds.
i haven't got the trophy for this, but as the others say, Basium/Hyby keeps winning.
You don't need a few auric ascendeds, you just need 1 chalid...
Even if I delete both basium and hyborem in WB I still do not win.
It's good to know that I can't win even if I manage to kill hyborem. I marched my little stack of lanun to bastradam in order to bring the bannor in and was swiftly wiped out by an army of twelve ira and eight balors. Then I would have had to contend with the longbowmen, beasts of agares, and significant amounts of warriors.
Shouldn't hyborem at least have to follow national unit limits in this scenario?
I found that the bannor reinforcements are a little small - two champions? they both were instantly killed by the infernals along with guybrush.
I'm pretty sure I won this scenario - I killed my 100 units, protected Bourne the Gleaming, killed Hyborem, and razed all the Infernal cities - but it was all just reported as a conquest victory for Basium.
- There was an ocean square near Bastradam where Ira kept spawning, so that by the time I sailed over and checked it out, there were something like ten Ira on the one square. When my army got close enough, all ten came onto land at the same moment and killed my forces. I parked a ship there the next time I tried the scenario, which prevented the Ira spawn quite nicely.
- The Lanun player starts off without Bourne the Gleaming in the visible territory area, and so has no idea where it is. You can't move units west to find it either. I was only able to find it by using floating eyes. It's really hard to protect a city you can't find.
- I parked my Arcane Barges right next to Bastradam and used the fireballs to pick off a weak Infernal unit each turn. That gave me about a third of my 100-unit quota. It felt like an exploit, but I can't for the life of me think of any other way the barges might possibly be useful.
- Very minor: in the event text where the demon offers to ally with you, there's the word [PARAGRAPH] instead of an actual paragraph.
- Right before I got my 100 units: "This scenario was pretty easy". Right before conquering Bastradam: "This scenario was kind of hard, but nowhere near as crazy hard as the Momus." Right before killing Hyborem in Dis: "This scenario was crazy hard, but not sadistically so." And then there was Despero and Poena...
- I assume the storyline involves the Mercurian Gate being finished once you've killed your 100th unit, because Basium and his angels started pouring through then. But I never got any text messages telling me that was what was happening or anything.
I got same problems as above...I razed all the cities and killed Hyborem doesn't end.
In this Scenario Basuim is worthless. The city was barely protected, and his forces didn't really do much, I took out all the cities and Hyborem without any help, and couple of times I had to reload, because the Inferno army razed Bourne before I could kill Hyborem.
I just played around with world editor, it seems, that if I take out Hyborem Basuim wins and gets a victory and it ends. But in my case, what happened was on turn 84 I razed the lasty Inferno city, and at the end of that turn (or start of turn 85?) the Infernos razed Bourne the gleaming, so I assume Basuim can't win either, it's pretty wierd.
It seems no way to win it right now?
I agree. I never stood a chance of winning. There were stacks with dozens of units marching past me. Are we supposed to ally with that demon to win?
Okay, just played through it with patch B. You can win the scenario now, though its bloody hard.
I killed Hyborem, I didn't have to raze his cities. Though theres a bug, when you kill the 100th unit the event that pops up, to chose whether to fight Basium or Hyborem, comes up for me every turn.
Played through it again to see if the bug would happen again, and it did.
This time I tried taking on Basium. The bug spawns more Basiums and his other angels each turn. I only had to kill one Basium but it was damn near impossible
It will be fixed in patch "c".
I found this one sort of unintuitive to make a strategy for.
After getting the quest to raze Bastradam I sent what seemed like plenty of units over there; but just as i landed they spawned a bunch of iras and an immortal. only guybrush even stood half a chance and that didn't last long. (edit: this was relatively early. i only would have gotten there faster by using foreknowledge and bee-lining it)
Meanwhile my defensive stacks were gradually overwhelmed as there were not enough firepower to guard all the gaps. at one chokepoint i was attacked so my longbow and hunters could participate. otherwise mages softened them up but I didn't have enough troops to kill them faster than they could walk. Blinding light was resisted too much and lots of their guys have 2 moves anyway.
I installed patch C, and loaded up a save game from patch A, and after killing Hyboream game didn't end yet anyone else having this issue? Does this mean I need to replay the scenario?
Separate names with a comma.