The readme file in Patch "o" says it is version "n".

White Elk

99 > 1
The readme files for Patch "o", as downloaded from both the "FfH2 Bug Thread" and from the Downloads Thread, both list the patch as version "n". Is that an error, or has the wrong file been uploaded?

Am anxious to install a modmod which improves AI performance. They all require version "o". i'm looking forward to getting back into FfH2 but the BTS AI is quite horrendous.

Thank you Ozbenno. Perhaps it is just a typo. The modmod thus far is playable to midgame, though it starts with a message "file not found". I experience occasional game crashes, but am playing on a Huge map with 14 Civs so the crashes may just be the blasted MAF issues. Am also using a Steam version of Civ4, and so have experienced problems with other mods. But FfH2 and More Naval AI appear to be working well at this point. The "file not found" message is what compelled me to post here looking for help, but ignoring it and playing on appears to have worked-out in this instance.

Thanks for your help - The version# is but one of numerous mod-related questions i have after browsing the forums and becoming confused by outdated info, missing files and broken links, then further confused by software and mod incompatibilities, ini problems, and more. And then there is the blasted MAF. Some of the difficulties one may face when searching for and installing a mod are easier to resolve than others. Perhaps this one, the version# typo, could be fixed with an mod-edit to OP informing fanatics that the version number is incorrect (if with certainty, it is)? And i wonder that many people would be assisted, and many more mods would be played, if a grand "Start Here if you're experiencing Mod Difficulties" article was written by someone who understands all the legacy and new-age difficulties which players of this game do face. ?

i can edit the new to ffh thread if needed. As for the mod difficulties, there are mostly different for every people. In particular, the "file not found" message is not something i've been aware of.
I know AoE has been having some issues with the steam version that we're trying to fix. If you can tell us more about the issues you've been having with the different mods, we can try and get you some help and update our guides.

Top Bottom