The real marathon: a way to possibly increase the gaming exerpience

katipunero

Prince
Hey guys, I need help and suggestions on what games I can include in my next Civ game. I was thinking of integrating other games while playing civ on marathon. The idea is to play a different game for each game milestone in civ.

For instance, when I hit the classical era, I pause the game to play a quick skirmish in Rome Total War and then Caesar I (a city building game). When it's the medieval ages, play a skirmish game in Age of Empires II. When privateers are available play Pirates!. After finishing research on Railroads--play Sid Meier's Railroads. If modern wars erupt, play World in Conflict? or a classic C&C Red Alert game. Should I win the space race, continue on with Alpha Centauri. If i win in AC, continue on my conquest of the universe in galactic civ and then play starcraft in between.

Hmm. Above is just an example. I don't have or wouldn't be able to buy RTW, GalCiv, World in Conflict, Railroads and Pirates so I need suggestions on alternatives. I can play RTW and Galactic Civ somewhere else with my friends though. I'd appreciate it if you know of old abandonware or freeware dos games that would run on vista (with or without dos box) which would fit in my game. Maybe downloadable demos of some of the abovementioned games would suffice too.

thanks in advance. :king:

Top Bottom