1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Reformation of the World Congress

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Enginseer, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch

Developmental Stage:
    With the creation of the Community Patch Project, the World Congress Reformation will be a mod designed to improve the diplomatic aspect of the Community Balance Patch and better help simulate the experiences.​
    Requires:
    • Community Patch
    • Community Balance Patch
    • City-States Diplomacy (Optional)
    Currently Features:
    • Start of the World Congress: Host gets 2, everybody else gets 1. All city-states begin to contribute one vote to their ally.
    • Industrial World Congress: Host gets 5, everybody else gets 1. All city-state begin to contribute one vote to their ally.
    • Modern World Congress: Host gets 9, everybody else gets 2. All city-state begin to contribute two vote to their ally.
    • United Nation: Host gets 12, everybody else gets 2. All city-state begin to contribute two votes to their ally.
    • Nations may choose to have a different host every Congress turn, so even the weakest nation with good friends can be a host!
    • Nations produce 1 delegate for every 35 population at a cost that marginally increases unhappiness by +2%!
    • Project TEMPEST is a new world project granting access to the Giant Death Robot if you are one of the secondary contributors or primary contributors.
    • XCOM Initiative is a new world project granting access to the XCOM Squads if you are one of the secondary or primary contributors.
    • Rock N Roll was a discovery that everyone wanted for a great cultural influence boost, too bad USA developed it better!
    • Hollywood is a city that was once the birth and creation of all movie hits. Who holds it is the question.
    • The Three Gorges Dam is a construction of a great master piece, providing mass production to all cities to those who holds it.
    • The Cultural Revolution was an ideological movement that jumpstarted the forever-increasing tensions between countries. Will you join in and usher in a revolution of ideologies!
    • Wall Street was a mere street. A mere street with a potential of an economy that made USA the global investor and lender.
    • Audio quotes for all the new wonders that CBP has included in!

Download here! We currently have SIX new World Projects.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. albie_123

albie_123 Modding In Secret

Is this mod actually completed / at a functional level as of yet?

Or is this more an announcement of a possible future mod?

3. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Sound cool! Good luck.

4. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes Chieftain

I don`t understand. Are these votes in addition to the default votes?

I don´t see anything that relates to gamespeed here, why is it better for epic or marathon?

5. Enginseer

The mod is actually completed once the next Community Balance Patch is done since Gazebo added an unscaleable world congress vote trait to buildings now.

Yes, these votes produced by cities will add on your default votes. It relates to game speed because during the renaissance era at marathon, each nation is only given one vote essentially. That means you would have to be rushing Great Diplomats and we know how long they take in order to have a significant impact on the World Congress. Instead, the votes are now dependent on your cities and how large they grow making Marathon and Epic World Congress suitable to use in your favor.

The mod also plays the concept of diplomacy realistically that in order to achieve global hegemony, you have to be friendly with most civilizations hence changing host can be proposed at an era, so you can earn diplomatic points and rather than being allies with city-states.

It also makes trading delegates more valuable since there are more votes to purchase off, there are more ways to manipulate the World Congress. You can buy delegates from the most largest nation(largest nation should in theory produce more world congress vote no?) or from city-states the old way.

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Keep in mind that total votes needed for a WC victory is based on # civs/CSs, not total possible votes in-game. Too many extra sources of votes will make the Diplo victory way easier.

G

7. callmewoof

callmewoof Chieftain

So if I understand correctly, the mod will add more votes, but not really change any of the WC policies or whatever? So, just more votes? That's not a bad thing mind you, I just want to clarify.

8. PurpleMentat

PurpleMentat Videographer

If you're going to add more World Congress votes, and a lot more votes early on, what do you think of adding more spies as well? Diplomats are needed for vote swapping. I'd like to continue being able to buy enough votes to prevent diplomatic victories without focusing on world congress as a primary goal.

9. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Chieftain

Revolutionary as always Eginseer, great idea. I look forward to trying it out.

10. Enginseer

The World Congress policies seems normal for now(up to the community to ask for a balance), but I might add in more world projects.

I don't know, 28 spies seems a lot already at maximum city-state setting and latest era. You can still buy enough votes to prevent diplomatic victories by putting all your eggs in the largest nation by population.

11. WileyNg

WileyNg Chieftain

I am neutral about this. On one hand it doesn't make sense for a superpower with 30% of world population to have only 10 its base votes while Venice, given it's small size, can claim enough votes to achieve a landslide victory. On the other hand I feel if you do this, the voice of small Civs in WC might be eclipsed by bigger ones. It leaves cultural victory as the only option for smaller Civs.

What does it mean? What yields? so if they are dissatisfied then what? happiness penalty?

12. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes Chieftain

I think it was a smart move of Firaxis to go away from the CIV IV model of having votes based on population.
    That way, diplomatic victories are often just "backdoor domination" victories, where you just conquer enough cities until you reach the required threshold. It takes away much of the uniqueness of the current DV.

13. Enginseer

Well, a city can yield at most 3 votes and that's only if you are building tall(so at most the renaissance is granting 0-2 extra votes to any nations). 50 population is hard to accomplish compared to a city pumping out diplomat units and one great diplomat to a nearby city-state for 3 votes in modern era+.

As for the yields, you earn golden age points in exchange for more unhappiness modifier. This realistically simulates prosperity and a proper city background. How should a city actually function properly when you have all farms and mines around your cities with no strong higher public education? An academy is then needed at least for 46 million people of course. Landmarks might then be an incentive to have to counter boredom more effectively than an artifact countering boredom. Overall, no city is perfect; every city is bound to have unhappiness. But in cases where you are able to be perfect, you have yourself a golden age.

14. WileyNg

WileyNg Chieftain

In this case, what this mod really concerns is the happiness impact/WC power that a large-pop city can bring to the game. Right? So it actually is a modmod about late game balance when the cities are large enough to bring twist to the game. Am I correct?

15. Enginseer

For now probably because the mod hasn't been released yet, but I have three future world projects currently in development.

16. Enginseer

Released in beta mode. World Congress Projects are currently in the process of being added.

17. CptTinman

CptTinman Chieftain

As far as I can tell, the City-state Diplomacy is currently a part of the Community Balance Patch, or at least the version that I am running. Would I still need to have the City-States Diplomacy mod installed and active for this world congress reformation mod?

18. Enginseer

Well, technically, you don't need per say city-state diplomacy, but it is optional for balance, but I'll change it in the next update to make it optional.

19. Enginseer

World Congress Reformation (v 3)
    • Added audio files for the CBP's wonders.
    • Added XCOM Project, restricted XCOM Squads to only those that contributed to the project.
    • Adjusted TEMPEST Project.

20. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Audio files, eh? Do discuss.
    G